Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best Snow Pic Contest..

Does anyone know if the winner's pic is fake? Hubby said it was. Notice the drivers on the wrong side of the road? :dunno:
    Maybe it doesn't matter if it's fake?

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I wondered too if it was fake. They said "This is what it feltlike going to work today" and if it was real should have said this is what it looked like today. hmmmm

Yes, it is a fake. It is being passed around in a viral email and labeled as a contrived picture.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Yes it was! I got that in an Email from a friend.. Maybe it doesn't matter that it's not a real pic...A good one though, cuz that is sure what it felt like here in New England...

I thought so too ...... think I have seen it passed around on the internet in previous years.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

I agree. I'm pretty sure it is a fake. I recieved an email last week with that exact same picture making the rounds.

Its most definetly a fake, its been making its rounds the past three weeks in many e mails, the cars could be on that side as it could be representing Europe somewhere but the snow it self is definetly a work of art as far as phot enhancing goes LOL.

Guess they pulled one over on Randymon, or maybe it does not have to be a photo you took yourself?????????

Maybe it is from another country...

Yeah... it definitely isn't a real picture. Its going around the internet as chain email about how much snow the northeast has gotten and whatnot.... Im sure randymon will not take away someones prize based on this information. but i was just throwing that info out there...

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Does anyone know if the winner's pic is fake? Hubby said it was. Notice the drivers on the wrong side of the road? :dunno:
    Maybe it doesn't matter if it's fake?
    It said in the comment this is what they FELT like this week so it never said it was from this last snow storm, its wild though have to admit, crazy snow. Hope they use the free night soon.

Don't know about that picture but I have been to Mammoth CA when the roads looked exactly like that so I know it can and has happened.

LOL Yes that's a fake! That photo is all over the internet for years. I submitted it too and even said it was a joke at the end of my post but for some reason mine didn't get approved. I submitted it right after the thread appeared and then when I saw it wasn't posted I assumed that was because it was a joke and they didn't want to confuse people. I didn't check the thread again until now. If the fake was going to win it doesn't really seem fair that mine was deleted, but whatever. I wasn't submitting it to actually win, it was just humorous.

Notice the young trees growing out of the top of about 40 feet of snow? You can tell they are not just tree tops if you look at them.

I think messaging a board admin or mod would be better than doing this in public. :-/

In his defense, that person did not actually say they took that picture. They just said that's how they felt driving to work. Still doesn't quite seem fair though.

I've had several friends post the same picture on Facebook, I don't know if it is fake, although when they open passes here in Colorado they use giant snow throwers and I don't see where the snow was thrown, but my guess is it is a doctored photo that someone posted on the Internet. I kinda thought the idea of the contest was your own photos. My brother-in-law had posted the pic of the guy snorkeling in the snow on FB, I haven't asked him if that is his photo or if he also found that one on the Internet.

I didn't enter the contest because at the time we had not had a really good snowfall this year at my house so I didn't think that I could qualify. Oh well...
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I don't think that it is a fake picture, I just don't think that it is from New York.

That picture is of Norway. It did the rounds at work here in MA a couple of weeks ago. I thought the point of the contest waqs to submit a picture you had taken of where you live.

I checked Snopes. It is a flipped image from a site which shows snow in Mt. Hakkoda, Japan.

No biggie. Like I said, I was just curious!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Randy did say "...your best snow pic from this winter." But he also said it's just for fun...

Did anyone read the rules?

Even though the picture submitted seams to be a fake, here is a video showing how it could be real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8gLFJG6UpY

The contours on the sides of the sumbitted picture look awfully straight, but its obviously possible.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Looks like it is in Japan. Here is a link explaining the snow corridor.
    http://ientangled.blogspot.com/2010/...snow-road.html

I was thinking about this today at work, and a thought for the next time Couples does a contest like this, to keep it to user shot photos, without going crazy...

Somewhere within the picture, a sign saying "Couples Forum Photo Contest" and the date. Could be an 8.5"x11" sheet of typing paper and black magic marker, or whatever. Camera date / time stamps don't count (some people can't set those )

Just a thought...

Also, Randymon, no hard feelings on my part, I saw several pics I thought were better winter pics than mine

Jason
    263d/13hr/8/min/20sec

My vote was for the snorkeler anyway! LOL! That man deserves an extra night just to thaw out! HAHA!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast