Thread: THE island

Default THE island

I'm trying to talk my wife into trying the AN Tower Isle. She's got a problem with self-confidence after two kids. Is there room on the island to be out of sight from everyone else until she gets slowly used to the idea (or at least has enough dacquiris to give it a shot) or is it just one big group? I know, there's all different shapes and sizes on the island and no one really cares about what you look like, but she's not taking my word for that.

the right side of the tower is a little more private but she will not be completely out of site from everyone. It is more private than the left side/the side with the pool because it is a little more social on that side. However she might find the pool kind nice because she can stay chin deep in the water or sit at a table in the pool. The water is clear but unless someone was right up on her staring through the water at her she would have nothing to worry about. However I am sure you have read many of the post, don't waste anytime go straight to the Island when you get there and try it because until you get out there her nerves are going to be on edge and the longer you are there the more anticipation will build.

I think most everyone has a little self confidence issue, remind her that there are people of all ages, all walks of life, all shapes, sizes and colors. This is one place you do not have to worry about how your bathing suit makes you look. People truely look and judge you for your inner beauty.

We had our first AN experience at CTI this year, too. My wife was the same way, and starting out by ourselves was the original plan. We got to the island with every intention of "going right." But something happened last-minute, we went left, plopped down by the pool, and that's where stayed the entire trip.

Had we "gone right," we probably would have really enjoyed it, but never got up the nerve to mingle. That would have been unfortunate because we met the most amazing people this trip. Such great people, we're all meeting up again next April.

256 days!

Default reply

It's not like a big group. When you get to the island go right and find you and your wife a good spot. If you go to the left you will be by the swim up bar and there will be more people that way. Tell her she will LOVE it. DON'T WAIT TO THE LAST DAY SHE WILL BE MAD AT YOU IF YOU DO

The far right side of the island is fairly private depending on occupancy that day.

Kudos to you for thinking about AN! It really is a liberating experience and I can only kick myself for not trying it sooner. Send your wife to these boards and have her read about other peoples experiences.

dk ....

Dustin_Megan hit the nail on the head ... just go straight to the island as early as you can to get a jump on those jitters. There are all types of people out there and no one cares how you are proportioned. There are definitely not any hard-bodies. Once you get past the first couple of minutes, you will understand .... it really is all natural.

Wow, everyone that has been there feels pretty strongly about going out there. Thanks you all for the advice and I'll make sure my wife gets to see this.

I hope you have your wife look at this thread.
    I was the one who always wanted to try au naturel sunbathing but hubby was hesitant.
    We actually honeymooned and were married at CTI (COR) years ago and he refused to go.
    I actually got him to go snorkeling off a nude beach when we were in Maui. We got out of the water and I took my suit off, he soon followed and now loves it almost as much as I do.
    It is now many years later and we while CSA is home, we have been to CSS and loved Sunset Beach. We have since been back to CTI and gave TI a try. We also regularly go to a nude beach close to home.
    Everyone is right, there are all shapes and sizes. There are all ages-We were at a nude beach over the weekend and there was a lovely couple sitting in front of us that easily were in their late 70's. It was a beautiful site to see them enjoying the day together.
    Truth be told I prefer a beach over Tower Isle any day. But it is a great way to comfortably get into nude sunbathing as there are only other couples there.
    dk's wife-I do hope you give it a try. Everyone there will be naked and no one is going to look at or judge you in anyway. I guarantee once you have experienced the feeling of freedom and feel the warm sun and cooling breezes you will realize this really is how natures beauty was meant to be enjoyed.
    (As an added bonus-Being on a nude beach means no sticky, wet bathing suit clinging to you and no sand stuck in your bathing suit scratching you and irritating you. It is a much more pleasant experience.)

Cathy: Do you mind saying where the beach is that you go to? Is it in the US?

Wow. we were there on July 18-25 and I am still so homesick. I was the go right lady. I am so glad that my boyfriend convinced me to go into the pool. I met the most amazing people and some of our favorite memories happened on the island. I cant wait to go and spend more time on the island. on our last night, we brought the island to the buddah pool and 8 of us had a blast. Do it do it doit. the only regret you will have is if you wait till the last day

Debbie and Jeff
    driveindou

also when you have a suit on you can see bulge when you are naked you look great and have so much fun. The atmosphere is so great that you will be so sad if you wait too long . Enjoy being alive and let it all just be free of clothes.

Honestly, there is nothing to worry about. Oh, you might occasionally see one of those people who made you feel bashful about the whole idea, but they are a very, very tiny minority and most everybody else looks "normal." Anyway, if you hang out in the swim-up bar, she can sink down to her shoulders and there won't be that much to see. But she can get a much better tan if she doesn't. I myself am carrying at least 30 lbs more than I'd like to (at my time of life I'm scared of what will happen if I lose them) and I've had two kids myself, but if I can do it, so can she. Anyway, a bit of melanin covers a multitude of sins. I really do like my all-over tan.

kycouple
    The beach is in the US in New Jersey.
    It is in North Jersey on Sandy Hook, near NYC and is called Gunnisons Beach. Sandy Hook is an entire island that is a State Park.
    It is legally sanctioned as a clothing optional beach by the state of New Jersey. There are life guards on duty and park rangers that patrol the beach on occassion. They have bathrooms and a snack bar.

Hi Cathy and Joe,
    Gunnison Beach is in our back yard and a beautiful AN beach where it is clean and friendly..The water is not quite the color of Jamaicas but the AN experience is just as nice.

Debbie and Jeff
    driveindou

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_Joe View Post
    (As an added bonus-Being on a nude beach means no sticky, wet bathing suit clinging to you and no sand stuck in your bathing suit scratching you and irritating you. It is a much more pleasant experience.)
    That may just be the clincher for her right there

dk-Certainly is one of the best things about nude sunbathing!
    Debbie and jeff-Lovely beach but you are right, the water color is definately NOT the lovely clear blue. But a great group of people for the most part. Too bad it is 2+ hour ride for us or we would be there more often.

Default Gunnison & Couples

We just returned Sunday from Gunnison. Saturday was great, rained out Sunday. We ride four hours from Delaware to go there. I wonder sometimes how many couples people are there, but we have never met .
    Saturday we were walking down to the water and this guy pointed at us and yelled "we got nekkid with you at couples negril last year". We then reconized them. We had a CN reunion right there . People were asking questions about Couples Resorts because they heard us talking. It's a fun place but, it is not Jamaica. There are some really strange people there. Most weekends there are about 2 or 3 thousand people there.
    Here's my question, Some of the people put up flags on the beach ,like football teams or clubs they belong to. I would like to put up a couples resorts flag. Has anyone seen such a thing anywhere. This would be a fun way to meet people that are couples lovers as we are. Any help would be great
    Thanks

weluv,
    That is a great idea but sorry no suggestions on where to get one other than to have one made!! A couples meeting at Gunnissons sounds like a great idea.
    You missed us by a weekend-And you will know we are a Couples couples-I have the twisted palms tattoo on my back and my husband has an identical one on his calf. Can't miss us!!!!
    Hope to see you there sometime soon.

Default The Island

Quote Originally Posted by dk View Post
    I'm trying to talk my wife into trying the AN Tower Isle. She's got a problem with self-confidence after two kids. Is there room on the island to be out of sight from everyone else until she gets slowly used to the idea (or at least has enough dacquiris to give it a shot) or is it just one big group? I know, there's all different shapes and sizes on the island and no one really cares about what you look like, but she's not taking my word for that.
    I have had 2 children so can understand where she is coming from but the great thing about The Island is no one cares what you look like. It's just care free, no one judges you and it has to be the most liberating thing we have ever done! Highly recommended