Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

As many have mentioned, although ppl may glance and notice, it truly doesn't matter what anyone has going on down there...

Jen gets completely waxed front to back all year round. It’s her preference, one that I benefit from for reason that need not be discussed on the forum here.

As for me, I shave everything down below (front and back, above and below), and I keep my back hair trimmed using my clippers with no attachment, so that it’s barely noticeable.

Chest hair stays full gorilla bushy style, for no other reason then the fact that I have never tried trimming or shaving it before.

Bottom line here is that it’s entirely up to you as to what you choose to do in the form of “maintenance” or “Manscaping”.

There are no rules when it comes to what you guys choose to do, or what is acceptable.

EVERYTHING is accepted!

Seriously considering

According to a segment on the Playboy Morning Show on Sirius, Hugh Hefner was asked how he was groomed and answered “rough and ready”. What’s good enough for Hef is good enough for me. 10 days to CSS and SSB.

Quote Originally Posted by julieanddan2 View Post
    Ok...I guess you need to join us in May so that now that I've shown you you can show me.
    Julie, I would love to join you at SSB in May, but first I will need you to send me a picture ID to make sure you are the same person.

Beyond the endless varieties of hair and hairless styles, while not as common, there are also people (mostly women) sporting various "ornaments" down there such as piercings and vajazzles. And once again, while these items may spur interest and topics of conversation, they will not cause gasps of horror or be judged as weird.

Default Jamaican Junkyard

Wife and I started calling it the Jamaican Junkyard when we were there. Just to ourselves as we didn't want to offend anyone. We both have been using magic powder for several months and it works great. We would estimate that 75% of the people on SSB were bare down there. the rest were very neatly trimmed and just the occasional bush. I am a hairy guy and decided the week before we went to powder my back, great decision in my mind. I trimmed my chest hair fairly short. The majority of the guys had no back hair and one individual did have a slight amount. No one had anything like mine would have been. Bottom line is go as bare as you want, the majority seemed to be hair free!

What is "magic" and where can you buy it? How does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by tonys View Post
    Seems like shaving, trimming, etc. isn't natural; to me. Why conform to what you perceive others think is what you should do? As said by others, no one actually cares. Both wife and I were at AN beach at CN for a week, both perfectly natural. Why not go with what you naturally are given? Frankly, and I know this may be controversial, I have no desire to look like I've not yet entered puberty. I've got a ponytail and beard, as well; so, nothing around my 'vitals' would look pretty stupid; in my opinion.
    Go with what you're comfortable with.
    Peace.
    TonyS
    I agree with this wholeheartedly.

We are planning to be at CTI later this year and will be on the island in our natural unshaven state since we do not see the need to conform to anyone else's standards. Why can't others conform to ours instead?

Quote Originally Posted by golferhhi View Post
    Be yourself. No need to worry one way or another. Most are neatly trimmed or bare. Remember also there are always some who this is first experience so they may not be trimmed at all. Not a person will care or is judgemental. Grab a drink and enjoy the sun.
    Just saw this one.

I remember when we went to Sorobon Naturist Resort in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles, in 1987 we knew nothing about naturism, but we liked the idea and fell in instantly.

We were not aware, for example, that one is required to sit on a towel always.

Similarly, I'd expect that people from areas where shaving or waxing is not common would end up on Tower Island, especially, not knowing that they might be in the minority with their unshaven states. They might feel a bit awkward at first and, no doubt, might be tempted to shave before going back the next day.

To me that will be drawing attention to themselves, but I doubt many people would notice.

As for me, I wouldn't want it to look as though I was embarrassed by going into a place where most people were shaved and then I take it all off for the next time.

Personally, I feel I should stand up for what I keep at home because it is my way of life, rather than appear to be conforming to someone else's standard – a standard to which I do not subscribe.

I think fewer people in the Caribbean shave than those from North America.
    Last edited by clydealp; March 7th, 2014 at 12:00 AM.

Interesting thread! Background: We're both in our 30s, dating and living in separate places. Bob's neighbors are nudists and we have a standing invitation at their pool in the summer months and hot tub all year long. They are both completely smooth which encouraged Bob to shave. However he has chosen "neatly trimmed"; ie: close. Not smooth. He is a bit hairy otherwise so a transition to not completely smooth seems to work best. If that makes sense.

I do smooth with a landing strip.

~Julie and Bob~

Why does the word "conform" keep popping up? It's just a simple matter of preference. I like the hair on my head and my facial hair to be groomed a certain way. Trimming downstairs is no different.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post
    Why does the word "conform" keep popping up? It's just a simple matter of preference. I like the hair on my head and my facial hair to be groomed a certain way. Trimming downstairs is no different.
    Couldn't agree more. To each their own. Some natural, some bare, and others in between. No one really cares. To be honest, I think we spend too much time on what others will think. I personally like bare but that doesn't mean you would like it. I have never heard anyone say something about down there grooming at the beach or anywhere else that we are nude.

My suggestion - do what works for you.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

jhun421 Magic is a hair removel product, primarily for African Americans. They have sensitive skin and this product you apply, let stand, wipe it off. Has an oder but not overpowering. It can be found in the ethnic mens care section at K-Mart and others.

It's very effective for removing body hair and can be used downstairs.

I have never heard anyone say something about down there grooming at the beach
    - usually very true about down below but last summer there was one woman who had longer arm pit hair than I have on my head and could have made plaits out of the down below hair and I don't know why (whether it was because she was so different) but even though I did not want too I found I my eyes were transfixed on her whenever she walked around the pool

Julie
    As others say, nobody cares, but.....everyone seems to have an opinion
    that is pretty fun, don't you think?

but back to the original topic
    We are getting reading for our 9th trip to Couples
    At least in July, there are more bare than not
    For women, I would say at least 80%
    For men, maybe 50-60%

from a practical standpoint for guys, it makes it easier to apply sunscreen
    (which is really important!)

I definitely agree with Big Willie- he is as hairy as a Silverback
    but much more fun!

Tell Dan not to worry
    Which ever he is more comfortable with will be fine and no one will comment either way
    If he likes the bare feel, stay with it. He should do what he wants (and you should also)

BTW, Haulover is very different than SSB. (We are from south FL)
    For one thing Haulover is Clothing Optional and tends to get a lot of gawkers which you don't get at SSB
    and SSB is only and all couples-no singles, which is a very different vibe

Have fun

112 days Soon Come

John

Gotta love a place where going smooth is conforming. I guess we answered the question is anyone notices...

Default Not a naturists' resort

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    Couldn't agree more. To each their own. Some natural, some bare, and others in between. No one really cares. To be honest, I think we spend too much time on what others will think. I personally like bare but that doesn't mean you would like it. I have never heard anyone say something about down there grooming at the beach or anywhere else that we are nude.

My suggestion - do what works for you.
    I guess my statement about conformity is related to a Naturists' mores (social norms), for that culture. CN, however, is not a naturist resort and many there don't even know/care about such things, who come there for the hot sun all over the body; after swimming in the buff in the wonderful Sea. Yep, to each his/her own. CN, unlike CSS, is not naturist-oriented, and I wouldn't want it that way. As in, there aren't nude games, activities in the nude, etc., other than being in the Sea. Don't think I'd like it changing at CN, now that I've been there a couple of times. But, only my opinion.
    41 days and a wake-up back to CN AN! Irie.

As many times as I've been, couldn't tell you. Nobody studies other people's "stuff". We're just there to have fun. Do what makes you comfortable and forget about what other people think, they don't care.

My husband and I went to CTI for our 10 yr anniversary in 2010. Never had done the AN before and neither of us are "shavers". At first I was uncomfortable as we were definitely the minority, but soon we realized that we were just being ourselves, and no one cared! Had a "hairy" blast!

Default To Shave Or Not

Quote Originally Posted by nadekm View Post
    My husband and I went to CTI for our 10 yr anniversary in 2010. Never had done the AN before and neither of us are "shavers". At first I was uncomfortable as we were definitely the minority, but soon we realized that we were just being ourselves, and no one cared! Had a "hairy" blast!
    I love this post.

It reinforces my feeling that one should not change one's style to please others and to be in keeping with their "norm".

Like nadekm and her husband, we are not shavers either and will be there at CTI later this year with everything intact.

It does feel weird when you do what you wouldn't ordinarily, just to appear to fit in.

As I understand it, nobody cares what you look like at CTI; so, just do what you do normally and be happy.

To each should be his own.
    Last edited by clydealp; June 19th, 2014 at 08:59 AM.

Smooth Operator or Jungle Love. It's all good. Just do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2