Thread: room comparison

Default room comparison

Hi all,

Can anyone compare Atrium suites at CSA, Garden suites at CN, and Penthouse suites at CSS for me? I know that Atrium suites don't have tvs. I'm specifically looking for comparisons on the rooms' sizes, balconies, furniture, ambiance, views, value, etc. We like to take a nap mid-afternoon while on vacation, so a large balcony with either a sofa or a hammock would be nice...

Just a general comparisons of pros vs cons of each room type would be great!

Thanks!

Penthouse, D block!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

We have had Atrium rooms at CSA and Garden at CN. The rooms at CSA feel larger and the balconies/terraces are very much larger than at CN. Rooms at CSA have shutters and to me have a more private feel, especially the Atrium rooms which are in small blocks.

Bathroom at CSA had a walk in shower and I can't remember what is was like at CN.

Rooms at CN are brightly decorated; at CSA they have a more romantic feel - my opinion.

CN has two chairs on the balconies so if you are a hammock or sofa person, I would say CSA wins.

I haven't been in all those rooms but we love the Atriums at CSA. I am sure the Penthouse balconies are larger but the atmosphere in an Atrium would be totally different. The rooms do not share walls so it feels very private, plus you have windows on all sides of the room. It feels more like a private bungalow. There is a couch and hammock on the balcony and almost all of them face the garden type area so there is not a lot of traffic in front of the room. The main paths lead to the backs of the buildings where the main doors are so the front where the balcony is tends to be very private and peaceful. A few face the beach but they are set back farther so the paths are pretty far away. The penthouse room is probably bigger than the Atrium too but from the photos it seems to be much more of a hotel type room as apposed to the Caribbean feel of the Atrium. Almost all the windows in the Atrium have screens so you get an awesome breeze or you can close the shutters and use the air conditioner. The only windows with glass behind the shutters are the ones that face into the atrium and towards the room on the other side of the building. Since there is glass in that area the rooms are quiet and you cannot hear your neighbors.