Default latest medical news

As some of you know, I had prostate cancer in 2008 and then had surgery to remove the prostate. Every three months I go for a PSA blood test. My last number, about three months ago, was .014 That's what they call "clinically undetectable" Little or no testosterone in my system. That's what the cancer cells feed on. The number this time is .013 Whatever cancer cells I may have left in my body will remain dormant or some of them will die. Which is fine with me. Better them than me.
    So now I can go on with my life with a clear mind. Another test won't happen for about 4-6 months.

I would urge all men, young or especially older, to see their doctor on a regular basis. Many of the things that can cause us harm, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, prostate and colon cancer, can be discovered with a very simple blood test. The longer you wait to find a problem, the more complicated it can become. Or, in some cases, it may be to late to help you. It isn't fair to you or to your wife and children to let it go. The sooner you find a problem, the sooner they can try and fix it. Please don't put off seeing your doctor.

now my CTI countdown can continue with renewed vigor. 68 days and going down.

Richie

Good for you Richie!

Great news Richie. I am so happy for you!

Richie, you are so right!! All men b=need to get checked as soon as possible!! KIm Robinson PS. So glad that you are doing good!!

What wonderful news for you and Sylvia. Thanks for sharing it with your Couples family. Hope to see you both at the next NE PAR TAA. So glad folks are working together to make it happen again. Bill and I head off to CSA a week from today. Hope to see Kim and John at CN on Friday. Stay well.

Sue

Great news for you! And good advice for others!

Congrats Richie. I bet you wish that number was your countdown to CTI

Good news! Can I ask were you having regular check ups after 50? You are so right about your advice! GB

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Fantastic news for you Crabracer, we all appreciate our countdowns back to our favourite beloved Couples resort, but yours is all so much more poignant.

I for one am so excited & impatient for my next trip in April, but now I've read your post I'm also impatiently waiting for your next review which are always so detailed & eloquent.

Have a wonderful trip - you so deserve it

Wonderful news!! We are very happy for you!!
    Mary Ann

You know I was thinking about you the other day. I remember your post a few years ago when you told us about your cancer. I hadn't seen or notice you post in a while and wondered how you were. Not a few minutes later I saw you post on the romance rewards thread. Glad you're doing better. I am still in my late 20s but it makes me want to at least get blood tests regularly.

wileeandr Yes, I see my PCP on a regular basis. At least once a year, unless he finds some anomalies and wants me to have further tests. I also have been seeing my urologist for the past twenty years or so. I was, and am, being treated for frequent urination. It was on one of those visits back in 2008 that he decided to try and rule out possibilities for that condition. He said, "let's do a biopsy on the prostate". I remember looking at him with eyes and mouth wide opened. "Biopsy. "Doesn't that mean cancer"? He said yes, but at that time, he didn't think there was anything to worry about. It was just a way for him to know "what I didn't have" Two weeks later he called me in to the office and gave me the news Otherwise, I may have gone a lot longer until my symptoms were a lot worse. I have been urging men especially those over fifty see their doctor for routine blood tests for high cholesterol, diabetes, prostate and colon cancer and more. Younger men still in their 20's should also be seen to establish a base line for later on in life.

DON'T PUT IT OFF GUYS!! It really isn't fair to yourself or you wife and kids.

Richie

Congrats!