Default Freaking out about my hair

I'm getting married at CSA in March, and I am freaking out about my hair! I have no idea what to do with it. Our wedding is at 11am, and I honestly don't want to use the salon for a few reasons. The first one is that my hair is naturally curly and as good as that sounds it is kinky curly and naturally freezy too. Not many people can style it well. Plus, I'm afriad if I was unhappy with it, I may not have time to fix it before the wedding. I don't think the salon opens until 9am. I begged my hair dresser to come to Jamaica with me, but she has another wedding on that day. LOL Anyway, I wear it curly sometimes, but it's not my favorite style because it's so full and kinky. Normally when I'm going out, I straight iron it. I really wanted to do something special for the wedding, but I'm at a loss for ideas. I was thinking like maybe down with fuller curls maybe with a big curling iron or hot rollers? Does anyone have any tips on fighting the humidity to avoid the frizz???? :O(

The salon opens early for early weddings if you do decide to go that route. The wedding coordinator can set that appointment up for you by email. I did it that way so it was made in advance and I didn't have to worry about the filling up once I was already there. You could always go in on an earlier day for a trial run. I am sure people do that all the time. The ladies I saw at the salon also have the kinky sort of curly hair and they are used to dealing with frizz and humidity since that's all they really have. They might be better at it than you think. Everyone's hair is different but at least they are used to managing frizzy hair. Mine is very, very thick and long and gets very frizzy too but they did a great job. My renewal was at 10am and I had plenty of time to get ready after my appointment.

Thanks Melody that makes me feel a lot better knowing they will open earlier, and I love the idea of a trial run even if I have to pay twice. LOL The pics are ver important to me since most of our friends and family will not be there so I want the pictures to look good! :O) Since I live in Florida and it's so humid here, you'd think I'd know how to manage my own hair by now, but nope it still gets crazy especially if it's humid and the wind is blowing...........

I can't say enough good things about Curl Keeper for fighting frizz. I live in Houston and deal with humidity and my curls could not survive without Curl Keeper.

www.frizzoff.com

If you wanted to pull it back, look into Flexi 8 hair clips. They are beautiful with great hold.

http://www.flexi8.com
    Last edited by cypresspeeps; February 8th, 2011 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks so much for the tips! I'll look at both links! :O)

Quote Originally Posted by cypresspeeps View Post
    I can't say enough good things about Curl Keeper for fighting frizz. I live in Houston and deal with humidity and my curls could not survive without Curl Keeper.

www.frizzoff.com

If you wanted to pull it back, look into Flexi 8 hair clips. They are beautiful with great hold.

http://www.flexi8.com
    wow thanks for these links, saved them to my favourites and will check them out later today!

Quote Originally Posted by klmurphy2005 View Post
    Thanks Melody that makes me feel a lot better knowing they will open earlier, and I love the idea of a trial run even if I have to pay twice. LOL The pics are ver important to me since most of our friends and family will not be there so I want the pictures to look good! :O) Since I live in Florida and it's so humid here, you'd think I'd know how to manage my own hair by now, but nope it still gets crazy especially if it's humid and the wind is blowing...........
    I live in FL too and I still haven't figured out the best way to combat the humidity for my thick hair. Mine isn't straight and it isn't curly so I can never just wash and go. I was thinking of doing french braids the day before so my hair is wavy the day of the wedding, then I could just pin the side up and put a flower. Figured that was a good style for a simple beach wedding.

Paige....

Where do you live? I live in Plant City, and Angelo (my fiance) lives in Bradenton. I grew up in PC, but he is from Sonoma, CA. I like the idea of the braids. I also thought about hot rollers. I'm going to try a few different styles over the next few weekends, and if I can't come up with something I can do on my own, then I think I will make an appointment with the CSA salon. :O) When and where is your wedding?

I just moved to Ft. Pierce on the east coast but I'm from Tampa. When I do the braids I've found that the waves come out best with tight french braid pigtails over night and instead of my regular hair products I actually use a little bit of body lotion, like Jergens, and it holds better and doesn't frizz. We're getting married at CSS on 5/28/11. I 'm SO excited!

Been to Ft. Pierce many times snook fishing. :O) I'll have to try the braids and the Jergens before I go and see how it works! Congrats on your wedding. :O)

I can't recommend enough the Keratin Coppola treatments.... they have a new Keratin express treatment and it only costs around $100. (Plus can wash after 24 hours.) My hair is thick and coarse and frizzy, but not curly. With the Keratin, I can either straighten it or let it wave, but there is NO frizz.

It rocks!
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Vee, thanks for that. I'm going to mention it to my hairdresser. I have an appointment to go see here right before I leave for JA. :O) I have decided to go to the salon the morning of my wedding to have my hair done though. I think I'm just going to leave it down, and let them use a big curling iron on it. I would do it myself, but it's so hard for me to do the back myself. :O)