Default Looking for Recommendations

Hello,

We are within 2 weeks of our departure date! It's our first time @ CSA for our honeymoon. So I have a billion questions. We are ages 26-35, outdoorsy & are looking for recommendations for the onsite must-do activities and also a local horseback riding excursion review. We're thinking something with a small group or alone that goes down on the beach. The plan so far is to stay close to CSA. If there are excursions/events that can't be missed, what would you suggest? We are thinking of doing the Mayfield Falls, a lot of sunset cruises and snorkeling (weather permitting) but for lazy afternoons or bad weather, what are some favorite bars, bands, shops, etc.? Where's the best place for souvenirs? Lucky for him it's my husband's birthday the day before we leave& so any recommendations for an experience off the beaten path, that would make it extra special would be great. Also, I've read pack light, so what are some good items to make sure are included on my luggage list? I've read about cotton clothes, lots of swimsuits, bugspray & sunscreen, but would appreciate other suggestions. Oh yeah, and what's the laundry situation?
    Thanks in advance for any replies : )

Congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon! We just got back from our 5th trip to CSA, and I think that you will love it. We are very active, too, and love all that CSA has to offer.

Don't miss the fitness center and spa located across the street. There is a lovely jogging trail that wraps around the tennis courts. You can get free tennis lessons with the pro, and they even supply the rackets. Where else can you get that?? The fitness center and lap pool are excellent, and we always like winding down in the jacuzzi there after our workout (there are even showers in the locker room so that we can rinse off after our workout).

You must try both the snorkeling, and, since you sound adventurous, the night snorkeling ($35 pp charge for the night snorkeling). You leave at dusk for the night snorkel and they give you a big flashlight.

We don't leave the resort much, so I can't answer your other questions except do stroll down the beach and stop in at the various cool bars along 7 mile beach. Margaritaville is an easy 10 minute walk south of the resort (to the left as you are facing the Caribbean).

You can waterski for free or take out a Hobie cat for free. They also have kayaks and paddle boats.

They do not have laundry machines, but they do provide a laundry service. I love the laundry service. We call in the morning, and have clean laundry by the afternoon. It allows us to pack a lot less stuff, especially since we work out every day. However, the service is not cheap (most hotel laundry services are pricey, CSA is no different). A t-shirt is $3.00; shorts are $4.00.

Have fun!

thanks for the tips, awesome!

Default Mayfield Falls

My wife and I are going for our 3rd trip to CSA AND OR FIFTH TRIP TO NEGRIL. WE HAVE GONE ON THE FALLS TRIP TWICE AND I MUST SAY IT IS VERY BEUTIFUL AND WELL WORTH THE TIME.WEAR SOME WATER SHOES AND BE READY TO WALK!

3 weeks and 1 day we will be returning to Jamaica for our 13th visit. You will LOVE CSA it's our all time favorite of all the places we have stayed on the island. Although the 7 mile beach is a big draw for us, the workout facility is equally as important to me and CSA's facility is best ever!

We also didn't leave the resort much except for an occasional shopping trips but only because we have been and done so much over the years. We walked Dunns River Falls years ago near Ocho, so yes, walk the Falls. We typically don't take the "organized" tours but connect with a driver and make arrangements to go on our own. We have never had any problems in over 27 years but I know some visitors would warn to NEVER leave the grounds of your resort, but we love engaging in the culture and the people......definitely not for everyone.

Pack light........we spend the day in our suits and then nice casual wear for dinner. A pair of shorts or two in case you take a day trip, but every year we take more than we need......determined to go LIGHT this year. I've read alot about taking bug spray.....never have and never had a problem but then we don't spend allot of time on the beach at night? Definitely sunscreen and lots of it....the sun is intense and I am a sun worshiper!

You just can't go wrong at CSA and/or Negril....ENJOY!