Default Resort Orientation

For those who have been to CN, do you think it is worthwhile to attend the resort orientation on the first morning?

Yes, it is worth your time.
    Irie Mon

Yes it is always worth it. We have been to Couples 7 times and we always go. You never know whats changed. If you are new it is the best way to meet other couples and find out everything you need to know. Make sure you ask any questions you may have.

Have fun!
    CN in 139 days!

Depends on what you want to do. We were going to our first time and got up earlier than the orientation and walked around the resort and found all the things we wanted. I had been on the message board for about 6 months so knew all about the towel trade ins and all that stuff. BUT it is a good way to meet new friends and doesn't take very long, so why not? You're in paradise and no hurry so you can see the resort and learn about it and have fun.

Default Orientations usually worthwhile

As someone who worked for years for Funjet managing the operations in Jamaica, the hotel welcome orientation is normally worthwhile for most people. If you have never been to that resort, or especially never been to Jamaica, the orientation will be truly worthwhile. Not only do most briefings spend time telling you about the hotel itself, it will also highlight tours and excursions you may want to participate in while there in Jamaica. It's important to learn about the hotel as you will then know all of the nuances of the hotel. Plus, you will then know what excursions you want to experience.

Hope that helps and feel free to let me know if you have any other general questions as I haven't been to any of the Couples properties themselves in several years.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I have been to CTI in 2010 and just returned from CN Friday. We did not do either orientation and do not feel that we missed anything. Half the adventure to us is exploring on our own.

We did the Trading Places while visiting CN last year from CSA and the orientation was so worth it! It doesn't take much time but sure helps you know your way around and what's going on. We've done it at each of the Couples resorts we've been to and have not been disappointed.

Bart & Bug

We aren't the type to do the organized orientation tours, never did it at the resort where we used to stay and didn't do it at CSA our first trip this past October. I'd say it somewhat depends on what you expect to get out of the trip. As mentioned you will learn about excursions and meet some staff and other guests. We didn't want to do any excursions and don't care to mingle with the other guests. I had spent months on the message board and felt I knew enough about the restaurants and the essentials that pertained to us to get us started. I can't say that I regret not doing the orientation. We had another couple traveling with us and they did it and told us all the things they learned and it seemed to be either things I had learned here or things we didn't care about. The final answer I'd say is that it boils down to your personality type and your plans for the trip, for some folks it's absolutely necessary for others it's a waste of perfectly great beach time.

How long is the orientation at CSA? We have never done one before but CSA seems much more spread out the resorts we have stayed at in the past. I would like to get an idea of where everything is.

In general, I would say that the orientation is worth it every trip. However, it's not the end of the world if you do not attend. The staff is so helpful, that they will answer any question at any time.

Photochic, our orientation at CSA took about 45 minutes, but our group was quite chatty. You could leave the "tour" at any time.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We did it our first year, and the year we returned to CTI post-renovation. No need beyond that.

Is it worth it? Only you know that. We took it on the day we arrived in the evening. We didn't have anything else going on at that time as it was too early for dinner and too late for the island at CTI. So why not learn what the resort has to offer. It's all good.
    Vicky