Default Cut open a new burlap bag this morning

Then opened the blue bag and ground some of Jamaica's best. Fresh brewed for breakfast. One you go, and bring it back, you know.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Yeah Mon! Just sitting here reading the message board and doing the same thing as you...sipping my second cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain! We save it for just the weekends in order to stretch it out until our next visit in April at CSS!! Ten more weeks to go and CAN'T WAIT!!! I wonder how many pounds I can get in my suitcase to bring home?!! lol

My wife is the same way. Coffee is not for me but she thinks its her little piece of heaven. I buy her 7 pounds at christmas and i think it brings her a little closer to home!

Help me out. I'm not a huge coffee drinker so I don't own a pot. I like it in the morning if it's cold or I'm really tired. But I loved blue mountain coffee. Is there anyway to make it other than in a regular coffee pot?

Hubby and I made the "mistake" for our first trip of only taking carry-on bags and so couldn't bring back enough coffee (or rum cream). But since I'm the only one drinking coffee at all, how long can you keep the beans? I've heard conflicting advice about storing them - one says "freezer" the other says "NO NO - just cool dark airtight storage" (like in pantry). What say you all? Thanks (going back to CSA Dec. 1, 2011).

DianaD

Definitely no to the freezer. The pantry is where we keep ours.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Definitely pantry! Coffee experts do not recommend the freezer storage anymore

Diana, we were told that keeping it in the freezer deteriorates the natural oils if the coffee. cool and dark is the best according to the coffee experts air tight even better!

Well, thank you - pantry it is -- how long can you keep beans -it would take me about 6 weeks to get through a pound of beans, I think ....? So if I were to get say 10 pounds to last me when we go in December, would they still be good up to our next trip? Or is there a rule of thumb for storing beans?

Thanks again - (ONLY 9.5 months to go!!)

DianaD