Thread: transportation

Default transportation

Has anyone used a private transfer to the resort? I know Couples provides a bus to the resort, but we were thinking of using a private company, that way we may arrive a bit earlier and could stop on the way if we want. Thanks for any input. 63 days and counting!!!!

It will cost you a lot of money to do and you won't get to the resort any sooner, especially if you stop along the way. I doublt you could do it for less that $100. The private driver has to take the same roads as the couples bus (which is ussually a van).
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by LLPC View Post
    Has anyone used a private transfer to the resort? I know Couples provides a bus to the resort, but we were thinking of using a private company, that way we may arrive a bit earlier and could stop on the way if we want. Thanks for any input. 63 days and counting!!!!
    In our 8 rips to Couples, I don't think that we've waited more than 20 minutes for the bus to leave the airport, so I don't think you'll get there earlier by private transport. On those bus rides, I'd say that we've stopped for a beer and comfort stop about half the time.

You can probably get private transport, but I'm not sure that it would be worth the cost. Cheers and have an Irie vacation!

My wife and I took a private transfer that we booked through the resort in Nov 2010. The cost was $190 and I personally liked it because the seats are so tight on that bus/van for me and we had a private car that was very comfortable. I know some people think it's a waste of money but I liked getting to the airport and leaving immediately and not having to wait for the rest of the group. Also sometimes people like stopping and we just like to get to the resort and get started.

Lots of reliable contractors... Couples can set you up (its on the website someplace)... its about US$100 in any case. MoBay is about 70 miles from Negril.

Enjoy...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We've taken a private transfer from the airport to the resort the past several years, and vastly prefer it to the bus transfer. The price last year for a private transfer to Couples Negril (arranged independently, not through Couples) was $75.

We used a private transfer January 2010 to get to CTI b/c Tim Air lost our reservation. While we could have taken a shuttle with the other guests waiting to be transported to CTI, I sometimes get car sick, which is one of the reasons we fly, and we didn't want to inconvenience other guests if we had to ask the driver to pull over.

As it turned out, I felt fine. We didn't want to stop along the way, and the driver got us to the resort very quickly. We obviously didn't arrange for the private transfer in advance; when we learned that TimAir had lost our reservation and that there wouldn't be a plane available for more than an hour, my husband asked one of the staff members at the Couples lounge to hire a driver for us. It took only a minute, and we were on our way.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

I got a quote for 30 per person. Said it comes supplied with Red Stripe, Rum punch, water, and juice. The company was Errol Flynn tours. Has anyone used them before? Thanks again.

Default Transportation - Kingsley Tours

We are going to CSA in July and we will be using Kingsley. He comes HIGHLY recomended and is only $50 USD from mobay to negril.

We just returned from CN and I HIGHLY recommend the Inter Air shuttle to get to CN and back! For $75 each (one way) the 15 minute trip beat the hell out of a long bus ride, plus the scenery was spectacular! Awesome way to begin/end your vacation. Think about it, for all of the thousands you are spending on the total trip, why not afford the pleasure of a few hundred more for such an indulgence???