Default I have reoccuring dreams of Jamaica...and they're not good!

Okay, it doesn't take therapy to know that I'm WAY crazy busy (stressful full time job, also trying to launch my own company, 2kiddos, community, church, friends, etc.) I probably dream about going to Couples a couple times a month and it's always the same story. It's the last day of the trip and I recognize we have't done any of the things we love the most (lying on the beach for countless hours, going to the restaurants, drinking lots of rum, etc.) In the dream its this panic of "I've wasted this very special time!!!" I know it sounds silly, but these dreams are disturbing.

We head back to CN in June for our 4th visit. So excited, as always.

Anybody else have dreams that aren't tranquil and peaceful?

I've had a few dreams where it's time to go to the airport and I haven't packed yet, or we're at the airport and I don't have my luggage at all!

Yes, before our last trip to CSS. Keep dreaming that we(Shari & I) could not get in the water, due to large monster size frogs that bite. But there was a solution. Our men(Wayne and James) had to stand on the beach and toss chocolate bars in to feed them, this act allowed us safe swimming. I had this bizarre dream ever night for about six weeks prior to our trip. Who knows! I did take several bags of chocolate bars.

I have had this same dream. We get ready to leave and find a list of activities and restaurants we had never seen. And we had forgotten to do almost everything while there.

That's nothing... I've dreamt that they suddenly changed the place and allow *GASP* kids!!!! LOL

Is ok MnK ... you just need another trip.

I usually start getting the dreams a couple months before hand. We leave in 32 days and my dreams have been going on a couple of weeks. It is mostly forgetting passport, missing flight, etc.

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

Every time I dream about CSS I dream that our in-laws come a crash our vacation. We are also getting married at CSS this year (not a dream) and the last dream I had was that I forgot my wedding dress in the states!!! Freaky!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsjam View Post
    Yes, before our last trip to CSS. Keep dreaming that we(Shari & I) could not get in the water, due to large monster size frogs that bite. But there was a solution. Our men(Wayne and James) had to stand on the beach and toss chocolate bars in to feed them, this act allowed us safe swimming. I had this bizarre dream ever night for about six weeks prior to our trip. Who knows! I did take several bags of chocolate bars.
    I love this one!!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Nightmare I had was that my boss insisted that I stay for the meeting he had called for the 1st Monday we are there. I told him to stick his job where the sun doesn't shine, and that sure ain't Jamaica mon!!!!!

What have you guys been smoking?? I've had some dreams, but none of them were degative, scary or worrysome. One recurring theme that I have is that it's time to leave after our stay, and I refuse to go. I'm out on the island and I tell everyone that I can't go now, I have no clothes. Everyone starts laughing at me and says, "Wow. That's a great excuse". then we all start laughing until we are crying. That's about when I wake up. Looks as though we are all a very strange bunch of Couples couples.

Richie

My dreams are during the day and I'm in full control with planning how my 2 wks at cn will be everything and more then anything I could ever dream about...I CAN't WAIT....it will be our 1st time at cn but maybe not our last ...

Sounds like you guys need a vacation!

MnK,
    I just had to reply to you! You're NOT alone! In fact, I thought I was the ONLY one who had these dreams!! My hubby says I should call them "Nightmares" instead!! I also have a very stressful, full time job & our annual trip to Swept Away is the "carrot" in front of me to get me through the year. We love to travel & even though we take several smaller vacations, Swept Away is so special! We're booking for 2012 this week! Just hang in there & hit the ground running. I hope you ENJOY every minute of your trip Take care, Cindy

I have dreams where I have brought my kids along, and I have to hide them in the room for fear of them being discovered! Way stressful.

I've also had dreams where I'll end up on vacation at couples... with my mother! and my sister! now THAT is a stress dream!

Funny, I thought I was the only one who had weird Jamaica dreams!

I did just the other night!! I'm getting married at CN on June 4th, and several of our friends and family are coming. My parents aren't very travel-savvy, so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. Anyway, I had this dream that as soon as we got there, there was a shaking of the floor and a huge wall of water headed right towards us!! We had to run for safety, and all I heard from my mom was, "see what happens when you leave american soil?" Geez, talk about a nightmare!!! =)

I have those dreams! I've been getting them for years now. They usually start a few months before a trip and occur 2 or 3 times. It never actually looks like a Couples resort, just some random unrecognizable beach resort. lol. We're always there and getting ready to leave. I'm always feeling almost frantic that the time passed so quickly and I didn't relax on the beach or swim or do anything. (well Duh, I've probably only been in the dream for a minute! lol) Sometimes we're on the beach and somehow are the only ones in the shade? lol. How can you tell I love my sunny beach time?
    I wake up feeling so happy that the trip is still ahead of us, and determined to make the most of every minute of the day. Oh... One time I dreamed I was walking on the beach and a big tsunami wave hit the beach. Somehow we managed to get up high into a tall enough building that was right by the water's edge. That dream was rather scary, and I have NO idea what brought it on, as I certainly don't fear tsunami's or rouge waves hitting Jamaica! Dreams are so silly.
    I'm sure I get them because I always feel like there's not enough time and it goes way to fast. I wish we could stay for a month!!! Maybe that would do it? I can't believe some people say they get "bored" at an all-inclusive. They have obviously never been to a Couples resort!

Yes, I need a vacation. No, I'm not smoking anything funny (though I want to.) Glad I'm not alone!!! @Chickie...thanks for sharing. I do think it's the stress.

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by jamericanblonde1 View Post
    That's nothing... I've dreamt that they suddenly changed the place and allow *GASP* kids!!!!
    That's not a dream, it's a nightmare.

That is so funny, I always dream about a month before we go that I forget the passports, and we can't get into Jamaica, or we drive home to get the passports, then miss our flight.
    The best is usually a few days before we leave I dream that we had our vacation and are back home doing Mount Washme. Then I wake up so happy because I know what's coming.

MnK,
    I have that dream before almost every trip, except usually in my dream it's the end of vacation and I realize I haven't taken any pictures of anything! (I really love taking pictures. )

Don't let the dreams bother you.

I have only had one dream and it was along the same lines as Crabracers. It was time to leave and I refused to go. I ran to the bar grabbed 3 hummingbirds, took 3 burgers from the grill and ran as fast as I could to the private jungle jacuzzi to hide. I was convienced I could live there and no one would find me. Kirk and Randymon find me and are trying to talk me into getting out and I still refuse. They go get Cheryl the bartender and she tells me if she has to come into the water to get me I will be sorry. I get out and start crying and wake up. That is the only dream I have ever had and I enjoyed getting to act like a spoiled rotten little 2 year old for a brief second hahahaha

Finally... last night I had a good dream. I was at Tower Isle on the beach enjoying some sun. It was short but sweet. Not sure why my brain didn't pick CSA's beach, but hey... I'll take any sunny beach dreams I can get!

I had a dream Sat night that it was already midweek on our trip and we hadn't even made it to the beach yet. And we forgot to bring everything we needed so we ended up at a two story walmart to find bathing suits and stuff. It was horrible!! 3 months from today till our trip!