Hybrid View

Default Y.S. Falls and ???

We are looking around for one day trip to take in May. I have my heart set on Y.S. Falls but I don't know what else to pair with it (if anything). I know a lot of people do Y.S. and Appleton, Black River or the Pelican Bar, what are your thoughts on this? Should we try one of these or just do a half day at Y.S. and head back to CSA?

We are doing Appleton and YS Falls on 3/19

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

Hi Photochick5,

YS Falls is awesome and a definite must for anyone visiting that area in my opinion. They offer ziplining there as well which isn't included in the original cost of the trip. I would recommend the ziplining as well. I had been before but at YS there is a line that takes you from the top of the falls to the bottom. Very cool to go over water.

We also did Black River and honestly. I think its probably something you could skip. Don't get me wrong its neat to see croc's in their own habitat but if you offered me the opportunity to do it again I wouldn't nor would my wife.

My last tip from my honeymoon two years ago. At YS Falls there are some young locals(16-20yrs)that will offer to take your picture for a tip. Best decision I ever made. This local pointed us where to go he had us under the water falls, in the middle of the water on a rock only locals would know is there and took the most amazing picture of my wife and I holding hands jumping off one of the falls. Amazing pictures! We gave him $10 American. Best money I ever spent on a vacation.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tagong View Post
    Hi Photochick5,

YS Falls is awesome and a definite must for anyone visiting that area in my opinion. They offer ziplining there as well which isn't included in the original cost of the trip. I would recommend the ziplining as well. I had been before but at YS there is a line that takes you from the top of the falls to the bottom. Very cool to go over water.

We also did Black River and honestly. I think its probably something you could skip. Don't get me wrong its neat to see croc's in their own habitat but if you offered me the opportunity to do it again I wouldn't nor would my wife.

My last tip from my honeymoon two years ago. At YS Falls there are some young locals(16-20yrs)that will offer to take your picture for a tip. Best decision I ever made. This local pointed us where to go he had us under the water falls, in the middle of the water on a rock only locals would know is there and took the most amazing picture of my wife and I holding hands jumping off one of the falls. Amazing pictures! We gave him $10 American. Best money I ever spent on a vacation.

Enjoy!
    Thank you!!! That is great info! We are doing the zipline for sure! We have done the Chukka Canopy tour in MoBay and loved it so when we saw they had one at Y.S. we knew it was a must! Did you see Samantha Brown's Jamaica on the Travel Channel? She did it and it looked amazing! And thanks for the tip about the pictures! I am a photographer so you can imagine how important pictures are to me and I never seem to get any of us together on vaca! 96 days can't go by fast enough!!!

How long does it take to do YS and what is there to do there? How much?

We did the YS falls, Black River and Appleton combo. We loved it and would recommend it for sure. We wouldn't have wanted to do anyone by themselves because the drive is kind of long. But all three together were great.

I will echo most of the comments here, doing all 3 together makes for a great excursion. I've been to both YS and Dunn's River and actually preferred YS. Also agree that I wouldn't do Black River on its' own, but as part of the threesome makes for a neat trip. Appleton was a fun tour and informative as well.