Default Margaritaville and Rick's Cafe

This will be my first time to CSA in Oct. 2011. When do trips for Margaritaville and Rick's Cafe leave? And are there trips only on certain days, or everyday?

I can't answer your question but I will say there is no need to take the tip to Margaritaville. I looked it up on Google Earth and its only a couple hundred yards south of CSA. So you can just walk down!

Yes, that's correct you can just walk down the beach to Margaritaville. It's not far at all. Sorry, but I'm not sure which days the trips to Rick's are. I thought I had read somewhere maybe on TA that they were no longer doing trips to Rick's but were now going to another restaurant right near it, but I really don't know for sure. :O)

Margaritaville is indeed withing walking distance and fine to do during the day, it's between 5 and 10 minutes walking up the beach depending how fast you are going. At night...some will tell you it's ok but others will really advise against walking the beach off the resort at night. If you are facing the water turn left. The first time we walked the beach we walked right by it and didn't even see it, it's not what you are expecting...wasn't to us anyway. My advice would be to walk down during the day and check it out before you decide to spend an evening there, you may decide an evening at Couples is much more fun but you'll surely enjoy the investigative walk on the beach.

Do a search or maybe someone else will chime in but I thought I read a post in the last few days that they aren't doing Ricks anymore, going somewhere else. If I'm wrong sorry to mislead. Depends on your personality but it's a bit of a tourist destination.

We have walked the beach at night and never had any problems. We have had people ask us if we smoked or were looking for something, but we just said no thanks, and that was the end of it. I've never felt unsafe walking the beach at night, and I would have no problems walking to Margaritaville at night if that's what I wanted to do. Having said that, I also think that any night at CSA would be more fun than Margaritaville. :O)

We will be THERE in just 10 more sleeps and I had the same question. According to responses, instead of Rick's Cafe, the shuttle is now to The Sands, also up on the cliffs near Rick's. Since we want our friends to check out Rick's and the cliff divers, we will take a taxi there one evening ourselves, like we did last year from CN.

Yes,Margaritaville is just a short walk from CSA and along the way you will encounter many different ways of life.

We walked to Margaritaville during the day and found no need to do it at night. We actually found the local bars along the beach more inviting during the day.

Rick's Cafe - touristy and a place to do one and done. There is a tour desk at CSA that will advise you on the times and days for this tour.

Hope this helps.

When we were there in Oct. The shuttle was on wed night. I say take the free shuttle offered by the resort. They pick you up in a classic looking party bus and take you 1 min down the road. I know its sounds crazy but worth the experience in my book. If you go with the resort they take you the night that most other large resorts also send their guests. It is a lot more happening on this night vs. others. They play games and have live entertainment they will also take you back to your resort. The other "non resort nights" were much quieter and more desolate.

Ricks is only worth going to if you wanna cliff dive. The catamaran will go by there if you wanna watch them do it. Margaritaville is way overated. Why pay $10 for drinks when it's already included in your stay at CSA. We walked by there one day and it was empty. It's really small and nothing worth spending extra time on. There are a few cool local bars between there and the resort that offer cheap red stripe and authentic food. Thats worth checking out if you wanna mingle with locals. You will get approached by everyone there but all are friendly.

Default Drink prices @ Margaritaville

Just returned from 8 nights at CSA. Three of our group of six walked down the beach one day and stopped at Margaritaville. We ordered 3 drinks...$25.00 later plus a tip we left. Enough said.

Went to Rick's Cafe for the second time on our own. I have to admit that we always enjoy doing this. Yes, it's touristy BUT, the atmosphere is FUN, we've seen the best sunsets from this location and we always enjoy watching the cliff divers.

We also took the complimentary shuttle to The Sands, private bar for The Caves. A more mellow atmosphere, not crowded, hung out having a few drinks, eating jerk chicken($6.00/plate) and watching another great sunset. Nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by warmweatherfriend View Post
    Just returned from 8 nights at CSA. Three of our group of six walked down the beach one day and stopped at Margaritaville. We ordered 3 drinks...$25.00 later plus a tip we left. Enough said.

Went to Rick's Cafe for the second time on our own. I have to admit that we always enjoy doing this. Yes, it's touristy BUT, the atmosphere is FUN, we've seen the best sunsets from this location and we always enjoy watching the cliff divers.

We also took the complimentary shuttle to The Sands, private bar for The Caves. A more mellow atmosphere, not crowded, hung out having a few drinks, eating jerk chicken($6.00/plate) and watching another great sunset. Nice!!!
    Can I ask what is at the Sands and what is the Caves?

Rick's consists of a large outdoor bar atmosphere. They even have a small swimming pool. There is a wall that surrounds the cliff diving/jumping area and winds around the property, a stage for the bands that perform in the evenings, a large open air bar with roof top dining and a logo gift shop. People kind of hang out in different spots either watching the cliff divers, watching the performers on the stage or watching the fabulous sunsets. It's more of a fun, party type atmosphere, but nice.

The Sands is the private bar belonging to The Caves Resort and adjoins the resort. Check out The Caves on-line for more details. One does not have access to The Caves Resort.
    The Sands bar is small, more exclusive and mellow and generally not open to the public. There is a spot that people can also jump or dive off of the cliffs too. The area consists of a small bar, an area where a person is cooking up jerk chicken and a few tables and chairs. Again, you kind of hang out, having a few drinks and watching another fabulous sunset. The crowd may have topped off at 30-35 people here, whereas Rick's, would be in the hundreds possibly? Both were nice!!!

There is a bar right next to Rick's. Maybe someone can help me here. But it was dead when we went and next door at Rick's, it was hopping. Anyway, I would recommend going to that as well as Rick's bc the "dead" place had the best drinks I have ever experienced. They had an awesome banana drink where the bartender peeled the banana right in front of us to make it. The drinks there were way better than at CSA. Unreal! And I cant get them outta my head. Also, the price of the drinks were reasonable. The view of the sunset was just as good as Rick's too. That bar is also listed as an excursion along with Rick's.

First & second pic = amazing sunset from Rick's

Third pic = Jerk chicken smoker @ The Sands Bar(complimentary shuttle from CSA)
    Attached Images Attached Images