Hybrid View

Default What's your favorite Reggie/beach music?

I'm making a CD for each one of my guests for out wedding at CN on 5/28/2011. I wanted to find music that others enjoy, reminds you of the beach, and a hint of romanticism is a plus.

is this love - bob marley
    love is the only law - ziggy marley
    can't help falling in love with you - ub40

My favorite beach CD is Kenny Chesney's Lucky Old Sun. Great beach CD.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

One Particular Harbor, by Jimmy Buffett. Always reminds me of CN.

Thanks everyone. However, I just thought of something... they only have IPOD docks in the rooms, so they won't be able to enjoy them while on vacation. dang!

Give them the CD's a week or so before the trip so they can load them onto their ipods. If you really wanted to get crazy you could go out to dinner or even host a beach theme dinner at your home to get everyone really into the mood...as if they aren't already. Be sure you tell them Couples has the ipod docks so they'll bring them along.

Yes, they WILL... if they have one of those little portable cd players, they CAN play their music through the AUX IN jack on the back of the player.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Default Ipod

I think we are going to buy 1MB IPOD for each couple, and install all the music we want. They are so inexpensive!

Thanks for all the tip!

Still looking for music too

three little birds bob marley
    one love bob marley
    brown eyed girl jimmy buffet

everytime I hear "hot,hot,hot" I envision Jamaica!

Great choices from everyone so far. My only additional suggestion would be "Coastline Journey" by Mishka. Beautiful song.

I Can See Clearly Now - Jimmy Cliff
    Jamming - Bob Marley
    Punky Reggae Party - Bob Marley
    Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
    Jamaica Heartbeat - Acoustic Alchemy

Too many choices, but it should include the "Dollar Wine" song that they always play on the cat cruise on the way back.

Default Great Music from Negril

I highly recommend the following songs by Shyam Moses:
    Always Love You (unplugged version)
    Fire and Rain (James Taylor cover)
    Wait in Vain (Bob Marley cover)

PS: Shyam Moses plays regularly at the "bonfire on the beach" at the Couples resorts in Negril. Check him out at shyyammoses.com

Hope you have a great time in Paradise!

Awesome! Thank you so much. Anyone know any good Reggie Steel Drum style bands?

Steel bands really have there origin in Trinidad, not Jamaica....you can play any kind of music on steel pans (I have even played a Bach Chorale in a steel band), but reggae doesn't translate as well....really need an electric base etc. I am not aware of a steel band that focuses on reggae music. The Silver Birds, that play at Couples are fun to watch (don't remember them doing any reggae though)& are really nice folks. I sat in with them for a little while when they were setting up once.