Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: December 2009

Default First timers

Valerie and Shawn
    Grand Rapids,MI/Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

We have booked December 25 to December 31. I have been to Jamaica once MB but my husband has never been. The renovations look fabulous, hoping CTI will become a yearly event! Short plane ride from the Caymans!

Plenty of time for a drink Brownie...

Valerie ~ If you have the option, I would change your departure date to January 1st. New Year's Eve is simply spectacular at Couples.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Danielle ~ Where is your photo? And remember, buses don't count!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Raelene and Dave from WI - Dec. 12-25, 5x to Couples, 4th to CTI. Tower Island, here we come!

Nancy and Tom, Andrea and Jeremy: Where in MN? We lived in Mpls and Maple Grove for 6 years.

Hey raelene and dave we are currently in little falls both from brainerd originally, just moved here after 3 years in Duluth. Where are you in wi?
    148 days to go
    Jeremy and Andrea

Jeremy and Andrea, We are in Stevens Point Mon-Thurs. with a permanent home and cabin near Minong. We lived at Caribou Lake, and worked in Duluth for 15 years! (1986-2000)

144 days!!

Default Lobster night!!

I see on the restaurant list it has lobster every friday night when in season. Do anyone j=know when lobster is in season in jamaica?

Lobster season is July - March. April - June is mating season and they do not serve it then. You will be fine going in December. There will be plenty.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Hey Kathy and Stan I just came across this thread!!So happy you are going to check out CTI in December!!! Of course we are hoping you fall head over heels in love with it( as we are) and join us April Amigos in 2010.All your pals will be there!!So glad we ran into you guys at Sunset beach last April.That was one of the nicest surprises and it was great to have you enjoy the island with us on your trading places day!!Can't wait to hear your thoughts on CTI.
    Diane and Eric

Hey Diane!

I was really surprised to see just about the entire April '08 crew show up at CSS last April for trading places. You guys pretty much gave us the incentive to visit CTI for the day. We were really impressed with the resort and can't wait to see it again without the construction.

-Stan

Default Danielle and Corey

Here you go Juli... sorry it took so long... you are so cute, you look very bubblie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Danielle ~ Nice picture. Thanks for posting. So will you and hubby be joining us over on Tower Island? We arrive late on the 3rd, but first thing on the 4th we will be out there. Can't wait!!!

What time do you land at MBJ?
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Juli~ Thanks . We are going to be there Dec 4-11 and we are landing at 12:38pm. We are getting married on the 9th at 11am. I dont think we will be venturing out to the island. We are really shy heehee. We are not only first timers to Jamaica but also out of the US. We plan on going on alot of tours and such. We are going to do the DRF tour, horseback riding and a zipline tour. Have you done any of these? Any tips on what I should or should no bring? Starting to get close. 4 months 6 days 16 hours 25 mins ... but whos counting

Default How can you NOT visit the island??

danielleandcorey... GO TO THE ISLAND. Do it early in your stay. You can sneak off to the other side of the island (aka far from the bar) where you don't have to interact with anyone else. A few trips to the bar /pool area will put you at ease. Even if you just go for 15 minutes, do it for the experience. You'll probably go back every day. It's part of what make CTI such a great place to come home to.

We've been to DRF, but that was about 10 years ago and we were on a cruise when we went. I think this time we are going to go on Sunday when there aren't any cruise ships in port.

Things to bring? Lip balm, you'll be amazed at how burnt your lips will get in the sun. I also like to bring a big beach bag to tote our stuff back and forth between our room and the beach. Works well too when you are going on excursions to put your towels and a change of dry clothes. Music for the room. They now have ipod docking stations, but I've read that you can still get a CD player delivered to your room. I always enjoy bringing special CDs to listen to while we are in the room. I try to get a new CD and let the first time I listen to it be in the room. That way when I listen to it back home it reminds me of our time in Jamaica. Take some good conditioner. The sun and water does awful things to your hair.

What not to bring? Don't bring a purse. It is not necessary and you can just use your pockets or get a fanny pack to put stuff in. Purses also count as one of your carry-ons so you loose space. I use our beach bag when traveling as my purse. You will be amazed how few clothes you need. You will be living in your swimsuit so you don't need shorts and t's for everyday. You also are in your evening clothes for so short a time that they can be worn more than once. I will wear evening clothes 2 or 3 times during a two week stay. You also don't have to run a fashion show with your shoes. The fewer the better. I have one pair that I wear all week long in the evenings and then a pair of flip flops for during the day. Other than that I only have my tennis shoes for traveling.

I'll stop here and let you know if I think of anything else. I could overwhelm you with what to bring and what not to bring, but I'll just stop here.

Congrats on your wedding. You've picked a lovely place to get married and spend your honeymoon. Couples is so romantic especially at night. We love it there.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We are 26 days away from doing the double digit dance!!!!!!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

It's been awhile since I've checked this message board, so sorry for not answering sooner Raelene and Dave. We are from Rochester. My husband has lived here all his life, but I grew up in SE Wisconsin and have been in Rochester the past 16 years. We hope to see you down there!!Name:  Tom&Nancy13 (2).jpg
Views: 2313
Size:  43.4 KB

Default Longing for Tower Isle

Just watched the video of our 12/07 trip to CTI...got moved to SSB last year...made us really look forward to our trip..1st-8th..All the boys, Byron, Kirk, and Sharon...and of course Tower Isle...some crazy fool down is the rocks in the buff...lol..cannot wait...122 days and 11 hours.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Premier or Deluxe

Hello got a question for att the CTI vetrans. Is it worth the extra charge to upgrade from the deluxe ocean(which we are booked in now) to the premier ocean. Or are the views pretty much the same in either room.
    Thanks
    Jeremy and Andrea

Hey, Nevermind on my last question. I can see for my self now on the new panoramics videos. http://www.couples.com/11or/01orPanos.htm
    Thanks these are great!!

Default 131 Days and Counting...

The wife and I will be taking our first trip to CTI from Dec 18-27. We can't wait. I have been checking the board every day since we booked. The more I read the more I can't wait. Thanks for all the posts. It really is helpful for us CTI virgins...LOL. Anymore advice is greatly appreciated.

Trent

Well, I look on here everyday hoping someone has posted something new. Still really wanting to get to 'meet' a few of you before we land in 113 days. So where is everyone. Step on up to the MB and tell us about yourselves!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

WOOHOO! We just booked our reservations! We are Robert and Joy from Arlington, Tx and we will be staying at CTI Dec. 13-20! This will be our third trip home to CTI and can't wait to see all of our friends again!

All set for December 2-8 at CTI. Nice to connect w/ others in advance.. We feel like little kids waiting for X-mas!!
    Last edited by scott&margieVT; August 18th, 2009 at 03:24 PM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast