Default Need help choosing best 2....

So I am planning a surprise trip for my hubby... we will have been apart for 10 months so I think this would be a perfect trip. I have done countless hours of research and i know i want CSA. but i want to do 4 days at 1 and 4 days at another. We are mid 20s so i want romance but fun too. Please any input would be greatly welcomed! Thank u in advance. Oh and I am planning for a December trip if that helps.

Okay, since I've only stayed at CSA and absolutely LOVE it, I'm not sure I will be much help, but I have been to CN on a day pass, and I didn't really care for it too much. It's just so different from CSA, and with me knowing CSA is right down the road, there's no way I'd do a split stay with CN. If I was going to split my stay, I would split it with CSS. I say this because you'll get to see a different side of the island, and everyone says that CSS is sooo romantic. Some friends of ours went to CSS on their honeymoon and absolutely loved it. After hearing about their trip, I've been thinking of giving it a try on our 2012 visit. The 2011 is already planned and almost here! 30 days to go!!! Woo Hoo!!! :O)

There are no "best" resorts, each Couples resort has it's die hard fans that swear THAT resort is THE best. If you are doing CSA for sure you might want to go to the other side of the island for the other half of the trip...Ocho Rios. Look at the web pages for those two resorts and read threads here specifically about those two locations and see which one calls to you. One thought I had though is that 4 days isn't a long time, seems you may be just getting settled in and then you'll be packing and moving. I know it sounds like getting the most out of the trip to see two of the resorts but for that amount of time you might consider picking one resort that you really feel drawn to and just stay put.

My vote, if I were to do it...

4 Days at CSS followed by 4 days at CSA. That way you get a taste of both Ocho Rios and Negril. But be aware that it's about a three hour drive to get from one to the other. Eight days might be a little on the short side to make a split stay worth it.

CSS will definitely take care of the romance portion for you. Well, both resorts will, but CSS is literally breath taking in it's beauty. It definitly has a "Wow" factor as you look at the grounds for the first time from the lobby and out over the cliffs from the upper rooms.

CSA can take care of the fun side. Ok, again, both will do it even if you don't leave the resort, but CSA offers easy access to all of what Long Bay of Seven Mile beach has to offer.

We love traveling in December too to get out of the cold. But being from AZ, this might not be a big deal for you. But in December, you are out of hurricane season, but can still get the low season rates (if traveling before December 25).

Just my two cents if it matters.
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; February 17th, 2011 at 08:23 AM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

I would choose CSA and CSS. We love CSA and are trying CSS next so I actually did choose CSA and CSS.

I would do all 8 days at CSA. Trust me when I say that you won't want to acclimate yourself to one resort and then have to leave for another and then have to do it all over again. Not to mention unpacking and packing two times. Plus, right now Couples is having a special and if you book 7 nights, which has to be at the same resort, you get a $300 resort credit. You and your partner can do spa treatments with that or a romantic dinner on the beach. There is so much to do and see at CSA that you will have no problem filling 8 days, plus, if you become a Romance Rewards member then you can go visit CN for the day and still get the benefits of staying at one resort for your entire stay. At CSA you can wander the beach in either direction for miles and see something and do something new every day if you want. Just stay at one place and enjoy each other. That is just my opinion. Good luck.

I would not split an 8 day stay personally. It is not worth the 3 hour ride (plus packing and unpacking time). And the activities at each are based on a 7 night stay so you may find yourself missing something you would have enjoyed.

I also do not think it is worth it to change for 4 nights from CSA to CN or CTI to CSS. I would rather settle in and enjoy my vacation and if I feel the need for a change of pace, it is easy enough to visit the cliffs for an evening in Negril or to get out and about in Ochi if choosing CSS or CTI. We always go off property to catch a sunset on the cliffs and often dinner as well, with an occasional venture out for some local nightlife.

JMHO.