Thread: CSA Restaurants

Default CSA Restaurants

Anyone want to give some feedback on the restaurants at Swept Away? Which ones need reservations?
    Got any favorite foods/gotta try at any of the spots?
    What are the hours? How late do they serve breakfast and dinner?

Reservations needed at Lemongrass and Feathers. Make them when you arrive and throughout your stay. May be made the day before or the same day if space is available. First come, first serve. Early times usually go first, late times are easy to get.

Favorite foods: Everything at Seagrapes, the healthy snack bar by the beach. Lots of good grill food at the Cabana grill by the Great House pool. Feathers has terrific upscale dining, everything we have had there was wonderful. Palms has breakfast and lunch buffets. Breakfast is to die for, lunch is very good also. Dinner at Palms is menu ordered with salad/pasta buffet available also. Lemongrass is Thai food. Not entirely authentic, but very good if you like a little spice with your food. We love it. We have not eaten at Patois Patio but a couple of times. Good food, but just not as appealing to us personally. Many folks love it for breakfast as well as dinner.

Click the "Couples Swept Away" tab at the top of the page, click "Dining and Restaurants" on the lower left side of the screen. You will get full descriptions of all restaurants, food, serving hours and dress codes where required.

Watch your thread for lots of opinions and better descriptions than mine. Really, the food is great at CSA for all meals.

Patois Patio is our favorite restaurant at the resort. We've never had a bad meal there. If you go for breakfast, you have to have their Banana Stuffed French Toast or the breakfast pizza if they have it. For lunch, all the pizzas are great and also any soup (especially the pumpkin) from here is awesome! We also love Lemongrass!!! The Thai tasing platter is great, and so is the Pad Thai! The Cabana Grill is always good for a snack. I really like the Jerk Chicken.

I think the description above is good. We never at at Seagrapes because we were always on the other side and chose the Patois Patio or Cabana Grill. Try the patties!! I actually thought the food at Patois was excellent and the best overall menu. Order several different things and enjoy them all. I got a beef tenderloin at Feathers which was great. Lemongrass was good but hit or miss with a few items we ordered. Cavan Grill was our hangout during the day because you could take your food to the beach or eat by the pool.

Dress code for Feathers and lemongrass. My tip is while one of you checks in, have the other make reservations. It'll save you a trip back up there later. Find out what nights certain things are so you plan accordingly. Remember not to book a catamaran on the same day as feathers or lemongrass unless your dinner is late. Try them all though early and go bam to your favorites.

We just got back from CSA. Dirtleg is correct except for one modification. You can make reservations for Lemongrass and Feathers up to three days in advance. After we checked in (on a Sunday), we went right to the concierge and made our dinner reservations for Tuesday at Lemongrass and Wednesday at Feathers.

The hours vary for the different restaurants. The Palms and Patois are open for breakfast, while both of those, plus the Cabana Grill and Seagrapes (veggie restaurant on the beach) are open for lunch.

Is there anywhere to get something to eat at say 1 or 2 in the morning after a night of having fun? or do you need to keep a few things in your room fridge for those times?

Cabana grill is open till 5 am. Another reason for us to stay on that side of the resort.

The Cabana Grill is open from 11:00am until 5:00am. So, you never have to worry about being hungry! :O)

Forgot to add on to Bob & Judy's post and just wanted to clarify for JackNJen that the Palms and Patois are open almost everynight for dinner also in addition to Lemongrass and Feathers. You just don't need reservations for them.

Times for Restaurants:

Breakfast

Continental in your room/terrace - starting at 5:30am
    The Palms - 7:30am to 10:30am
    Patois Patio - 8:00am to 11:00am

Lunch

Sea Grape Cafe - 11am to 6pm
    The Palms - 12:30pm to 2:30pm
    Patois Patio - 12:30pm to 2:30pm

Dinner

The Palms - 6:30pm to 10:00pm, closed Fridays for Beach Party
    Lemon Grass - 6:30pm to 9:00pm, closed on Fridays
    Feathers - 6:30pm to 9:00pm
    Patois Patio - 6:30pm to 10:00pm, closed Mondays for Repeater's Dinner

As I said in my earlier post the Cabana Grill is open from 11am until 5:00am, so no worries mon! :O) Check out the link below for information and for sample menus.

http://www.couples.com/12sw/24diningSW.htm

The Cabana Grill is open until 5:00 a.m. for burgers, fries, jerk chicken, meat patties - yum!

And do NOT under any circumstances forget the cardinal rule of dining at Swept Away:

ALWAYS TRY THE SOUP!

And Patois Patio has sangria at lunchtime. Ya mon. It's the best.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Thanks everyone for all the info! My soon-to-be hubby was glad to hear this! lol.

When you're dining at the entree restaurants, can you order all courses? Like, appetizer, soup, salad, entree, dessert?? I plan on "doing it big" at CSA. I'm on a diet all the time but won't be for that nine days!

twilson......yes, you can order all courses as many as you want. You will not go hungry. I promise. :O)

that is great news! When we were at CN, I wasn't so interested in eating too much. This trip I am going to go crazy!