Default Questions abou CN

My fiance and I will be at CN in July for our honeymoon. It will be our first time in Jamaica and just have a couple questions about the resort...

First, is it worth it to do the orientation of the resort when we first arrive or is it pretty easy to navigate because it is one of the smaller Couples resorts?

Second, are we allowed to take food back to our rooms, lets say we got lunch at the beach front grill could we take it back to our room to eat?

And third, besides the piano bar are there other things to do at night?

Any input is greatly appreciated. 151 days and counting! We are so excited to see what all the hype is about! Oh and by the way I LOVE this message board!

Hi and congratulations on your wedding. To answer your questions -

1. Yes the resort is easy to navigate but I would still go to the orientation. We did not do that the first time that we visited CN and found out about a bunch of things the second time we were that we missed the first time.

2. Yes you can take your food back to your room or to the beach or where ever you want.

3. The piano bar is where most of the late night entertainment is. They do have a bonfire on the beach one night and there are some other things as well but we never make that late.

Congratulations M&J!!! We love CN!!! And we sure hope it “lives up to the hype” and your expectations.
    I would suggest taking the orientation the first full-day you’re at the resort. I think they offer it twice a day. You’re right though; CN is fairly compact so you will be able to figure out 80 – 90% of the resort by the time you leave even if you don’t take the orientation.

Certainly you can take food back to your room. We’ve never done it but I can see the attraction of having a quiet lunch on the balcony. You may to grab a plate at Cassava’s lunch buffet, order a smoothie with some rum in it from the bar…
    Every night there is entertainment at Cassava. Great music and dancing and if you just want to enjoy the music, you can sit on the sofas out by the pool and enjoy the music from there.

ENJOY!!!

1. The orientation is well worth the half hour it takes.

2. You can take the food from the beach grill or the buffets anywhere on the resort. For lunch, we get some stuff from the buffet at the Cassava Terrace and then take it over to the beach grill for some more stuff. You could then take it all to your room.

3. There is entertainment at the Cassava Terrace every evening until 10:30 PM. Shows, music, dancing, etc.

4. We honeymooned there and it was the perfect place for a romantic honeymoon. We have been back 3 times and have another one scheduled

5. Don't miss the Hobie Cat sailing. They are little sail boats you take out by yourselves (the two or four of you). They give you a 10 minute lesson and you're ready to go by yourselves anytime between 9am and 4pm.

6. Take proof of your wedding for a free couples massage, as long as you were married within the last month of your trip.

7. Don't miss the swings off the lobby by the tour desk overlooking the pool.

8. Eat at the Helliconia at least once for supper and don't miss the evening buffets around the pool and the becah party.

9. The Bon Fire is very romantic with soft music by Shyam Moses. My wife 3 of his CDs.

10. We enjoy the glass bottom boat, snorkeling and Cat Cruise too.

11. You don't need to leave the resort except for a walk down the beach to the right (as you face the water). There are a lot of local vendors and a lot of local color.

Congratulations and have a great time!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We got married at CN last Nov. We didn't do the orientation and were able to find our way around. You can take food back to your room. Careful with that though. We brought drinks back to our room at night. By morning, little bugs had taken over the counter. Probably because of the sugar in the drinks. The piano bar is a blast but there is entertainment every night. While we were there, there was a beach party, live band every night, bonfire with fire dancer, etc. Enjoy!!!

There are differing opinions on the orientation. Some think it is worthwhile others have enjoyed the resort without it. It does take less than an hour and I think it is worth your time. It gives you an opportunity to meet some of the staff.

Yes, you will be able to take food and/or drinks back to your room. The ants are really good at finding the leftover food so be sure to rinse your plates and glasses before leaving your room.

There is a house band that plays during dinner and then around 10:30pm the entertainment moves to the piano bar where there is different activities. Some nights it is a disco other nights it is karaoke and then some nights singing around the bar. That will go on until the wee hours of the night.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by M&J_Paradise View Post
    My fiance and I will be at CN in July for our honeymoon. It will be our first time in Jamaica and just have a couple questions about the resort...

First, is it worth it to do the orientation of the resort when we first arrive or is it pretty easy to navigate because it is one of the smaller Couples resorts?

Second, are we allowed to take food back to our rooms, lets say we got lunch at the beach front grill could we take it back to our room to eat?

And third, besides the piano bar are there other things to do at night?

Any input is greatly appreciated. 151 days and counting! We are so excited to see what all the hype is about! Oh and by the way I LOVE this message board!
    ... You are going on your honetmoon and you are asking us for suggestions on what to do? I am sure you two will think of something!!! ;-)

Thank you everyone for your responses!! I can't tell you how excited we are and all your suggestions make us even more excited (if that is even possible)! Again thank you for taking the time to respond. Its nice to have so much information on a resort before you go.