Default Please get coffee available early morining

Just got home from a wonderful stay at CSS. Loved every thing about resort. My only complaint is no coffee available early in morning. Very early riser and not wanting to wake wife up by ordering room service went searching for coffee. Could not get, have coffee machine in game room but doesn't get made til later in the morning.

If it is possible please make coffee around 6 so us early risers have coffee and there were a few of us "crazy" people up that early to need the caffeine jolt.

The coffee pots in room just don't make the coffee right and I need milk or half and half not the powdered creamer.

Thanks.

seems you need to plan a head and either take a method of making coffee you like better. if you like a press, take a travel one with you. If you need milk or half and half order some the night before.

A great idea? Single Keurig brewers. Simple to use, quick and easy. Always delicious.

Hi,
    Guess they think we are on "vacation" :-) I too am a very early person and deal with the same issue, except it more like 5am. Agree the coffee in the room is not the same and as good, but it does hold me over. Likewise I don't use the powdered creamer, so I get a little creamer (or creamer packs) during the day and keep in the refrigerator -- that works well.

I also find that at CN, based on the set-up, that usually coffee is available by 6am even though they are not open for breakfast.

Default Coffee in Morning

I agree 100%.. It was the same at CN last year. See you CTI in one week.

Smileyguy

Aw, man... maybe you could have just ordered the room service and asked them to knock very lightly, or waited outside for them or something. I agree, the coffee makers just don't do it right - even at home the Blue Mountain coffee doesn't taste the same in our jank coffee maker. We finally got a french press and it's much better.

I am not a big coffee drinker but I love the blue mountain coffee. Is all the coffee served blue mountain? What brand do they use there?

Quote Originally Posted by winlove View Post
    I also find that at CN, based on the set-up, that usually coffee is available by 6am even though they are not open for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smileyguy View Post
    I agree 100%.. It was the same at CN last year. See you CTI in one week.

Smileyguy
    At CN they advertise 24hr self-serve coffee in the Internet Cafe and the Cassava Terrace. I've had coffee (or coffee drinks like cappuccino) as early as 4AM there on several different visits.

Until sometime in the last 6 months, there were automated coffee machines (pick your drink, strength, etc.) that were actually very good, so you wouldn't need any "set-up".
    They have since been replaced with good old fashioned coffee urns which of course do need setup, but I had coffee at least as early as 5:30AM last week, so perhaps they're on top of it now.

There is a "graveyard shift" assignment for the waiters and the coffee is one of their duties. In addition to duppy watch

We're early risers as well and always find coffee available at Cassava by 6:00am. We take a couples of travel mugs with us, fill them wih coffee and take an early morning stroll along the beach. We're thinking of trying CSS in the fall. I sure hope we can find our early morning coffee somewhere on the resort.

ENJOY!!!

I noticed that at CSS too! I need my coffee first thing and I like getting up and walking around the resort early in the morning. Its so peaceful and it would be that much better with a cup o' joe!

Coffee, black.
    It's the only coffee...

About the only suggestion I could make (haven't been to the resort yet, that's coming) would be (and I can see why the resorts *WOULDN'T* do this) would be to leave the appropriate fixings for the coffee in the game room out for the first person in to make a pot (guest or staff.)

The reason I can see, a rather obvious one, for not doing this is of course the liability issues. What if a guest made the first pot and someone got sick? Or the guest making the pot injured themselves?
    Plus, I suppose it would kind of defeat the whole "all-inclusive" vacation vibe if you're making coffee like you were working in a restaurant...

Jason A.
    CTI in 254d 13hr 37min 20sec

We enjoy our early morning cup also, but we're ok with the room coffee maker..however, i like hazelnut creamer, so i buy a box of the individual packs and bring them along...

I think the coffee served at all the Couples Resorts is High Mountain Coffee, not Blue Mountain Coffee. It is a subtle difference and still very very good.

High Mountain is served around the entire resort except for the specialty restaurants where Blue Mountain is served in a French Press.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    High Mountain is served around the entire resort except for the specialty restaurants where Blue Mountain is served in a French Press.
    i didn't even know this was an option! how do you order it?

We simply ordered coffee after dinner at Feathers, our server brought the french press to the table and made the coffee on the spot. Pretty cool. Great coffee with desert, can't wait to go back in June.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    There is a "graveyard shift" assignment for the waiters and the coffee is one of their duties. In addition to duppy watch
    HAHAHA Rudi -- now I have that song 'Duppy Know Fi Frighten' in my head...

Just got back from CTI and agree completely that the lack of good coffee at all hours is something Couples should address. This is the Starbucks age; an all-inclusive resort of Couples' caliber should have a coffee bar that's open early, late, and all day long, and which serves good coffee, cappuccino, lattes, mochas, etc. And if I want some rum cream in my coffee, that should be simple, too. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by leoconnor View Post
    HAHAHA Rudi -- now I have that song 'Duppy Know Fi Frighten' in my head...
    Glad you saw the humor. Not to hijack this thread and the coffee theme, but I should give credit for "Duppy Watch" to Randol; I didn't make it up.
    He told us he's sincerely glad he doesn't have to do graveyard shift anymore for that reason.

E. Smith's 'Duppy Gunman' has been stuck in my head - we heard it a few times there. Ahhhhh, if only we were still there.

We've had no problems getting coffee at CSA as early as 5AM. The Palms generally starts getting ready for breakfast, and has the coffee going. I have brought the white in-room cold water carafe and filled it with coffee and have also had the wait staff give me one of their stainless steel carafes. That, along with a cup of milk and we're good to go....And there's NOTHING that beats strolling the beach path as the moon sets. Can't wait for November!!!