Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Here's the latest list. Please advise me of any corrections necessary.

Angela & Scott - I modified your arrival and departure dates.

106 days and counting!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Hi Mike and Monica,
    Good advice on the lights. I was going to try to find some light that are battery operated. I don't want to increase CSA's electric bill. Good idea about the velcro straps. I'll pick those up too.

Would you please add Dave and I to your spread sheet. This will be out 10th visit to CSA and 11th time to Couples. Looking forward to bringing in the New Year with everyone.
    Karon

I don't want to give to much away, so that you will have some surprises. Every time we have been for
    New Year's, CSA has done something new and surprising to make it an amazing night. Generally, there is an incredible cocktail party before dinner which you do not want to miss. I have actually met people who missed it or came right at the end and they were very sad.

For dinner there are two choices: The Palms which is a Gala Buffet with lots of seafood, sushi and the best ofeverything the resorts serves, several live bands and dancing until the ballon drop at midnight and beyond. This is the main party and the most lively choice. There is also a dinner at Patois Patio that is sit down with a special gourmet menu prepared for New Years Eve and live Jazz. This is the more sedate choice, but very special. You will be provided menus for the dinners when you check in and can an idea of what sounds best to you.

People tend to dress up for the evening in anything from smart resort wear to tux's, kilts and ball gowns. Most women wear cocktail dresses and most men wear collared shirts and slacks. Hope this helps. Can't wait to ring in the new year with you all.

Looks like a great crowd so far! Congrats to all those who will be celebrating their honeymoon !
    Brad and Jules from Indy will be there Dec. 30-Jan. 6th. This is will be our 4th visit and 2nd NYE. Maitai, you asked about what people wear... I wore a long dress and I saw others in long and short cocktail dresses. It's a party - you might want to have your dancing shoes on though! We're looking forward to meeting everyone - and especially excited to see our friends Amy and Jansen again -who we met the first time at CSA. Can't wait!

ps... Jansen... glad to see you're not just stalking the pages. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NE2Jam View Post
    Booked Dec 30-Jan6!! This will be our 3rd time at CSA! Looking forward to meeting new friends! Jansen & Amy
    yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for me to post the latest edition of the list. So far, I've added everyone that I can find from the Late Nov 2011, CSA Ė New Years Eve Check in 2011/2012, and the December 2012 threads that will be at CSA in December 2011. If Iíve missed someone or have posted wrong information, please let me know and I will correct it as soon as possible. If you have sent me your email address, Iíve forwarded a copy of the list with photos to that address.

85 days and counting!!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Default We are coming!

Hi there! Can you add us on? We will be there from the 26th of December till the 2nd!!!!

Bob and Bern Rawlins- Pa, 2009,2010,and now 2011. CSS,CSA,CSAName:  lastday.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  48.7 KB

Hi Mike and Monica,
    Dave and I will be there Dec 30th - Jan 6th. I don't think I posted our dates - or I can't find the post. Would you please make the changes to your (wonderful) list.

I'm really excited about going to CSA for New Years. We have wanted to bring in the New Year at our favorite place for a long time now but couldn't becasue we've always spend this time with family. Can't wait for the celebrations to begin!
    Karon

We will be at CSA from 12/30 - 1/08. Second trip to CSA, third couples experience. 94 days and counting.
    Peace,
    Shawn & Nikki

Welcome everyone, you have all been added to the list. Here is the latest version.

67 days and counting!!!!

Attachment 14226

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

I'm trying to get out of my SHELLLZZZ Jules!! 86 Days!!!

First time at Couples, First time in Jamaica! Celebrating NYE with evryone sounds like a real blast. Dec 30th -Jan 6th, celebrating 25 years on the 4th. I am so excited it will be worth missing the Huskers in the National Title game...:-) I can hope at least!!!

Mark and Kandra

Thanks for putting that great list together Mike and Monica. This will be mine and Colby's 4th time at CSA (3rd time for NYE), 7th time at Couples and 10th time to Jamaica.

We are so looking forward to celebrating the new year with you all and also meeting our fellow Californian's. Usually, we are the only ones, since it is so far to travel. I guess the secret is out :-)

Mark & Kandra,
    Welcome to Couples and congratulations on your 25th Anniversary. You couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate your special day. I've added your info to the December list and will post a new list around the third week of October.

Who knows - maybe they'll have the Huskers on the big screen TV at the sports complex while you are there.

60 days and counting!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

At this point I just hope the Huskers will play in January... However more importantly I hope we can get our PADI course work done so we can make our certification dive while there. Also I can not wait to get salt water and sand around my toes...

Thanks for the shout out and the work on the list.

Mark and Kandra - the dive team at CSA is great. As long as the weather is good, you will have no problem completing your certification dive. I've been an avid diver for more than 30 years (currently a PADI assistant instructor) and have always enjoyed my dives and the dive team at CSA. Enjoy the sand and salt water.

Still counting the days!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Hello Everyone!
    We have 7 weeks to go before arriving at CSA and I'm trying to decide what to wear on New Year's Eve. Any of you ladies care to share what you will be wearing? I'm thinking a short cocktail dress but not sure how "dressy" I should go. May have to go out and buy something for that evening. What about the men? Dave will probably wear his "best" cotton pants and Tommy Bahama's shirt (lol). I will never be able convince him to bring a jacket. The white "dress" Tommy Bahama's shirt will have to do.

Just thought I'd mention that Dave dives and really likes the Dive group at CSA. They do a great job and Panda is an excellent Dive master. One of these days I'm going to do the certification so I can go with him. Had planned on doing the course this summer and the open water dive at CSA - but work and life got in the way again. One of these days.....

Getting excited about this trip.
    Karon and Dave

Sorry everyone, I forgot to post your list that last time.

Here it is.

Attachment 14628

Enjoy.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Hello Everyone!
    We have 7 weeks to go before arriving at CSA and I'm trying to decide what to wear on New Year's Eve. Any of you ladies care to share what you will be wearing? I'm thinking a short cocktail dress but not sure how "dressy" I should go. May have to go out and buy something for that evening. What about the men? Dave will probably wear his "best" cotton pants and Tommy Bahama's shirt (lol). I will never be able convince him to bring a jacket. The white "dress" Tommy Bahama's shirt will have to do.

Just thought I'd mention that Dave dives and really likes the Dive group at CSA. They do a great job and Panda is an excellent Dive master. One of these days I'm going to do the certification so I can go with him. Had planned on doing the course this summer and the open water dive at CSA - but work and life got in the way again. One of these days.....

Getting excited about this trip.
    Karon and Dave
    Hey Karon and Dave,

We will dress up a bit for New Year's Eve, me in a cocktail dress and Colby in a nice button-up shirt (no jacket). We are going for festive and comfortable since we need to be able to dance 'til the wee hours :-). We are getting excited too and have already picked out what to wear lol.

Colby and I are divers too--especially Colby. He loves the dive team at CSA as well and will do most if not all morning dives while we are there. He and Dave should get together. You can always do the resort course to check it out. If it is not too crowded, the dive team might let Dave join you on your dive, since he is certified. I have been more into snorkeling lately myself, if you wanna join me. I plan to be out on the 1p.m. snorkel boats, most days.

We were talking about what to wear on new years as well... It sounds like everyone that has posted is on the same page so far... so thats good Dress for her... dress pants and button up shirt for him!

We are planning on taking the dive course while we are there. Neither of us has ever dived before, but we are both looking forward to trying it Any hints or tips about anything we should do BEFORE we arrive at CSA to prepare for the diving part? Or just show up and do it? (there is probably a thread about diving that I should just go hunt down)

Looking forward to Dec 29!!!

Angela and Scott
    Brampton ONTARIO, Canada

We will be getting into MBJ @ 2:45 on the 31st. I am guessing that we will be at CSA @5:30. What time do things really get going, dress code, etc... I hope that we won't be getting in to late for the festivities.

Scottangela,
    You'll enjoy the diving. Here's a link to the scuba questionaire.

http://couples.com/_pdf/scuba-medical-questionnaire.pdf

Highly recommend you get it filled out and signed by your local doctor before you go. It may not be necessary but it never hurts to be prepared.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Hey what is everyone weraing for new years my husband does not want to wear a suit.. is everyone dressing up or will theoir be casual people to.. i can get him to wear khakin pants and collored shirt.. what will the men be wearing new years eve?? I plan on wearing black sequins top and a casual skirt... but will everyone be in cocktail dresses???

Here's the list . Wishing you all a great time.

Attachment 14702

25 days and counting!!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Starting my PADI course work Friday (11/18) night for a 3 day weekend of diving crash course. I am so ramped up I can hardly stand it,I imagine my first tank will last me all of about 10 minutes because of it. Also went down to the Tommy Bahama store yesterday and bought my first pair of Linendrawstring pants, hoping that will suffice for the evenings that require long pants. My inner Charlie Sheen seems to coming out with the Camp shirt collection i seem to be aquiring. I am sure this purchase is only the begining of a spending spree, which will include diving fins,mask, boots and snorkel for the both of us.

For the dive repeaters how are the BCD's that CSA uses and would you recommend anything else to bring?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast