Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

we too will be at CSA for new year's eve....can't wait. sounds like a fab evening hope you 'regulars' will keep us first-timers right!!

for the record we are dawn and david

Hi DiverLady,
    Thanks for your reply. We should try to get Dave and Colby together. It would nice for them to dive together. I love to snorkle too. Maybe we can go together when the "boys" are diving. I think I'm going to start planning now to get part of my certification at home and then do the open water dive when we go in April. We'll be there for 10 days so I'll have more time to book the dive. NYE might be too tight - only going for 7 days and I'm planning for a whopper of a headache on Jan 1st -lol.

I bought my first "Little Black Dress" on the weekend. Couldn't resist the sale price. I know you are wondering how someone could go this long through life and never owned a LBD. Well, I'm a red head so I don't think black is my best color. I look better in warm tones like browns. But for NYE - it's got to be black. Also this dress will work perfecty with my most comfortable dancing shoes. Wouldn't be NYE if I can't spend it on the dance floor. I'm sure we'll see you and Colby there.

Scottangela,
    I would suggest you practice swimming without putting you foot down or touching the side of the for at leat 10 minutes. CSA puts you through a swim challenge before they let you even take the course. I have seen many people not be able to complete the number of laps required.

Can't wait for the party to begin!

Kctreeman,
    Tropical shirts and the drawstring pants are fine. Thats what I wore for our wedding. I added shoes to the ensemble for our dinner at Feathers and had no problem.
    Check the web sales at Dillards and Kohls for their shirts. You will find some tropical silk shirts at a greatly reduced price. That will leave you some extra money for dive accessories.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Sweep (Dawn & David) - Post your dates, tell us a little about yourselves, add a photo if you want, and I'll add you to the December list.

Long flight from Scotland but once you arrive, you will have a great time, that's guaranteed.

Have fun at CSA. By the way, make sure you try at least one Bob Marley. I had to try haggis when I was in Scotland years ago. Not bad at all.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

hey mikemonica arriving on the 29th december . looking forward to some sun and fun, david might even bring his kilt!
    dawn & david

We will be arriving late afternoon on the 31st. Do we need reservations for the activities that night? Will the resort take reservations before we arrive?

Hi Sweep,
    Funny thing about us "regulars", we are always happy to give advice to the Newbies. I really enjoy meeting 1st timers and seeing CSA through their eyes. It's like watching a child on Christmas morning. I'm sure you will have no problem getting advice on this MB or when you get there.
    Welcome to CSA.
    Karon

Sweep
    David's kilt would be perfect for the NYE bash - A good picture might even win the photo contest. Make sure you post them for us.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

MikeMonica

I had a weekend of dive class and just need to have my certification dive when we arrive. Kandra starts her dive classes today and should also be ready to certify while there.

Do you know what the BC's are like there and do you recommend any kind of a wet suit (shorty or full), or what ever kind of dive clothing? We are planning on buying mask, snorkel, boots and fins to bring. A friend has a computer i think I may try to bring. But we are looking for advice...

Thanks for any advice from the frequent divers on the list...

Hi Karon,

Colby would love to get together with Dave. We should make a time to meet up (maybe at the martini bar on the 30th?)

I am looking forward to seeing you in your LBD. I get so excited the month before the trip, it is ridiculous! Counting down each day.

Hi Sweep, looking forward to meeting you. Your husband's kilt will fit right in. You will have fellow countrymen there in their regalia as well on NYE.

is there a pic contest here online or at swept away?
    david's kilt weighs quite a lot so we'll have to see how the packing goes. i suppose if he only takes his kilt and a couple of pair of bathers lol......

Kctreeman - if you want to wear a wetsuit bring a very thin shorty - no gloves allowed. The water will be warm and so will you. The dive gear at CSA is OK. I normally bring my own but I've been doing this for a while. I do recommend that you bring your own mask, snorkel, booties, and fins. Diving with some of your own gear will make your dive more enjoyable. Leave your nbuddies computer at home and concentrate on just getting used to diving and enjoy what you are about to experience. When the both of you have a few more dives under your belt and know where you will be doing most of your diving, then start looking for quality dive gear. I lived in Europe for a long time and did a lot of cold water, high altitude diving. Also took a lot of students to the Red Sea for their certifications and advanced diving. What works well in cold, fresh water does not always work as well in warm, salty waters. I recommend one thing and that is a good high quality dive bag. It is a Stahlsac Jamaican Smuggler Roller Dive Bag. I've had several dive bags that I used and this is the best I've found for travel. All of your dive gear (minus weights) will easlily fit in this bag. Do a search on the internet and find a good price, you won't regret it. It will be perfect for this trip to CSA, since you can also use it as a suitcase.

Sweep - the photo contest is online - check out the above tabs and click on the one labeled photo contest. I cannot imagine a more perfect setting than CSA on NYE in a kilt. I doubt if it has ever been done before. Just wish that we would be there to see it. - Post pictures for us.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Hi guys, visit number 17 at csa for us... But first time on new years eve!

Have a great time at CSA over Christmas and New Year!!! 10 days and we are home.

Here's the final Dec list.

Attachment 14831

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Hi Diverlady,
    We'd love to meet you and Colby at the martini bar on the 30th. We get in that day so would 7:00 be okay? We would like to get settled and watch the sunset before heading out for the evening. Have to remember to pace myself. Don't want to over do it before NYE. Four (4) weeks today we will be there. I can hardly wait. You arrive on the 16th?
    Karon

Hi Karon, 7 p.m. is great. We actually arrive at CSA on the 25th. We are starting to stage our stuff for packing--so excited!

Great, we'll see you in 19 days. Sound like a long time but it's going to go by fast with this being such a busy time of year.
    Diverlady, is your name Heather? I think I saw that somewhere on this MB but I'm not sure.
    Dave and I should be easy enough to recognise. I'm short (5'2') with copper/blonde curly hair.
    Looking forward to meeting you and Colby and dancing the night away on NYE.
    I'm so excited....

Hi Diverlady,
    I made Dave go through his clothes this past weekend to make sure they were in good condition and haven't shrunk while in the closet since the summer. I think he's good now. Next I need to go through my shoes and see how many pairs I can leave at home. That's always the hardest part for me.

So we'll see you at the Martini Bar in 17 days. Wow it coming fast. Even faster for you since you will be there 5 days ahead of us.

We should be pretty easy to pick out. We're both mid 50 but still think we are 30. Dave is just under 6' with mostly silver hair. I'm 5'2" with copper blond curly hair.

Did you hear there was a storm last week and the beach area in front of the original section has been reduced again. I have friends there right now who sent me a picture. From what she showed me the one section is more narrow but the area in front of the newer section is wider. Hopefully the beach will have repaired it's self a little more before we get there.

Take care and we'll see you soon.
    Btw, your name is Heather, right?

Don't be surprised if this is a duplicate post. I responded on 2 days ago but I'm not sure if it was received. Seem to be having some problems posting on the MB. Not sure if it's site or my computer giving me grief.

Karon

Hi Karon,

Sorry I haven't posted lately. Getting busy with the holidays and preparing for vacation. I know what you mean about those darn closets shrinking everything! We are just about ready now :-).

Yes, I am Heather. I have long blonde hair and am about 5 6. Colby has brown hair and is about 5 10. We will be looking out for you guys.

I did hear there was a storm a week or two ago and that there was damage. I am sure it will be wonderful compared to home though.

My wife and I will be there 12/27 - 1/2. Looking forward to new years celebration. My wife and I had our honeymoon at CN in May 2010 and I have previously been to CSA in 2004. Best part is that we are going with our good friends.
    Matt, Shannon, Tim, Michelle, Dan and Kristen will see you all in a little over a week! My wife and I live in Michigan and the other four in Ohio. 30 degrees to 85 degrees is on my mind this last week of work....

Hi DanG,

You will not miss any of the party. There is a cocktail party that is fantastic and a great way welcome you in - it's in the Arora? bar (the place above the pool bar). Then from there you can go to dinner. I would imagine at that late of time you will find reservations at Patois and then after dinner everyone heads over to the big party area. No worries, just come on in and start celebrating. As far as dress... I saw people in resort shorts to gowns, though most people tend to dress up to celebrate. Safe travels.

Karon...

I, too, bought a LBD and can't wait to wear it! Brad and I might end up meeting you guys at the Martini bar or even on the bus on the way in. ;-)

Jules

Default I didnt think CSA was taking any guests between Dec 27-Dec31..?

Thats Great Deintinis.. we will see you there after the 31st!! We were going to be coming on the 28th but apparently CSA is overbooked and we have to spend our first two nights at CTI... but at least we will be at CSA for new years!!!

Look forward to seeing you all there! (better late then never right?)

Scott and Angela

Gosh most of us will be there next week into the next... we hope to meet you all - Driverlady and Colby,Karon and Dave,deintinis and wife,Indyjules and spouse, scottangela and spouse just to mention a few.

I don't have a LBD but have a LBS...(its awesome)... love it...

Bern with the red hair Bob with the smile.. in CSA on Monday the 26th of December.. See you all soon. Stop and say hi.

Bern and Bob

Merry Christmas to Everyone!
    Looking forward to meeting everyone at the Martini Bar on Friday around 6:00pm. The more the merrier!
    Heather aned Colby, how are things there? We've booked an Atrium. Where are you?
    OMG! I can harldy wait!!!
    K

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast