Thread: CSA Pool

Default CSA Pool

Hi all,

I'm thinking of booking a week at Couples Swept Away but I read on Tripadvisor that the pool is very small. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

There are three pools at CSA and all three are fairly small, the beach is more the attraction at CSA. On the other hand the pools aren't terribly crowded as most folks are at the beach so although they are small if you want to hang out there you will find plenty of room.

I love the main pool at CSA. There are usually only a few people in the water and maybe 6 or so more sitting around it. Sometimes there are more but not very many. The pool is small but it isn't a chlorine pool so I love it. The swim up bar is usually pretty crowded but the pool connected to it isn't too crowded. I just don't like that area as much because it is more loud and active. It is right next to the Cabana Grill which is a big plus though. The third pool is more of a lap pool over by the sports complex and it is usually pretty vacant. I don't really count that one though.

All of them are nice and you can always find a lounger or spot to sit. They aren't boring though. One has a more relaxed vibe and one is more lively but they are both very nice.

While the pools may be small by other resort standards, they are more than adequate for the size of CSA. I have only seen one pool at CSA at what I would call "capacity", and that would be the new pool by the Great House. That was one time, after a rain storm and late in the afternoon. A group of folks had taken refuge in Patois and at the swim up bar during a hard rain. Once the rain stopped many of them decided to make it a late afternoon party at the swim up bar before heading back to their rooms to prepare for dinner. It was really quite fun. Not crowded, but the pool and deck were hopping. As stated above, the beach is the real attraction for most folks. The pools are a secondary offering, but they are impeccably maintained and always a welcome change of pace from the salt water if that is what you want.

If you are used to the large resorts of the Mexico or Disney type then yes, they are small pools. But you have to remember, those resorts are catering to many hundreds or even thousands of guests. A large part of the charm of Couples resorts is their relative small size and intimacy. In a week you will get to know many of your fellow guests and much of the staff. At the large mega resorts you are just another face in the crowd, or the pool in this case.

I usually prefer to hang out at a pool rather than the beach; however, CSA is the exception! The pools are small, but the beach is great!

Quote Originally Posted by mcintyre1964 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm thinking of booking a week at Couples Swept Away but I read on Tripadvisor that the pool is very small. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    There are three pools at Swept Away. Two small ones near the beach BUT over in the sports comples there is a fantastic seven lane lap pool. We are here @ CSA now (third trip to CSA and sixth to Couples). Come and swim in this wonderul pool - its the best!

The pools are fine, but the beach is just about the best we've been to anywhere---gorgeous! White sand large beach with clear,calm water. You will have a great trip--- we'll be there in a week for our 4th year in a row.

The two pools on the main side are small, but the one across the street at the sports complex is huge & no one hardly ever uses it. But as stated above, the beach is awesome!

Thanks everyone. I've decided to book ten nights at CSA in May....can't wait.
    Last edited by mcintyre1964; February 23rd, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

Melody: What do you mean when you said the main pool in the old section is not a chlorine pool? Do they use another type of chenical like bacqucil, or nothing. I know it is not a salt water pool. Everything else on your post we totally agree with

Yes, the pool at the Sports Complex is really nice - it is only one depth (I think) and is great for lap swimming. Plus, it is very seldom used, so you can have a VERY quiet time. I especially loved this pool over Thanksgiving....my honey watched the Patriots (win!) at the Sports Bar, and I went swimming....can't beat that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richli2 View Post
    Melody: What do you mean when you said the main pool in the old section is not a chlorine pool? Do they use another type of chenical like bacqucil, or nothing. I know it is not a salt water pool. Everything else on your post we totally agree with
    I don't know what they use but it feels different and doesn't burn my eyes like all other chlorine pools I have ever been in do. A bunch of the employees said it was a mineral pool but many of the people on here said it is not. I don't know what's in there but I like it better! My skin doesn't dry out, my eyes don't burn and it sort of feels softer which sounds really stupid since we are talking about water. lol