Hybrid View

Default Transferring Message "CN or CSA for our Honeymoon?

I decided to transfer the message from the previous message board to the new one. See below original message and my follow up to the many responses. Would like some room info or additional comments...Thanks for the help!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Original Message:

My fiance and I are in the process of booking our honeymoon for November 09 and really like what we have heard so far about Negril. Sounds like it has the best beaches in Jamaica. Now the hard part is where should we stay, CN or CSA? The reviews on both resorts are great but just wondering if one sticks out more than the other as far as a honeymoon experience. We look forward to hearing your comments....Thanks!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow up Message:

Thanks everyone for the feedback! It has been very helpful.

We are leaning towards CSA but will make the final decision sometime this weekend. We like what we hear about both resorts but it sounds like CSA is bigger and we are used to the Mexico type size resorts so figure we should go with the bigger resort.

Now the anyone have some good input on rooms? I think the Atrium Suites are not an option for us. We like the mini bar option and although it is our honeymoon we like the option of watching TV. We both love to keep up to date on current events and you never know when a sunburn is going to keep you indoors for the day. Now the other room options we are wanting some input on. Couples list the Garden, Greathouse, Ocean and Beachfront Verandah Suites as room options. What are the main differences between them? If it is just location is the beachfront vs the garden worth the extra money or is the view obstructed on the beachfront? Lastly Couples list the Beachfront Suites and Great House Jacuzzi Suites. What are the main differences between these and the Verandah Suites.

Thanks in advance for the information. We are so excited for the honeymoon!

Just one thing since you mentioned you are used to the Mexican style resorts. At any Couples, you won't find the "grand" entrances with marble lined floors. The rooms aren't as grand either. This is something that most people who love Couples appreciate.

Couples takes in the rustic Caribbean feel. I would say 90% of the negative reviews I have read about Couples are based on the fact that they compare the resort to other resorts in Mexico. It’s like comparing apples and oranges.

We prefer the authentic feel of Couples and how they embrace the surrounding environment.
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

Here are pictures of our Ocean Verandah Room from this past April at CSA. We were in room 4109 which was a first floor. We LOVED it!!
    Last edited by Amy; August 5th, 2009 at 09:39 AM.

Here goes my first post on the new board.

My wife and I just went to CN for our honeymoon two weeks ago and loved it. We were on the fence seemling forever on a few other cities, then between the other Couple's resorts. CN fit our laid back personalities, and being major beach bums we loved the powder white sand beaches and calm water along the beach. It was absolutely everything we'd hoped it would be, and the casual feel was wonderful. We never really felt like we had to dress up, which made us even more comfortable.

I agree with the above poster about how CN takes a more natural approach to the resort, rather than ultra luxorious. I think it works to its benefit, however. CN has a lot of charm that makes it feel very unique. While we're dying to try the other resorts (especially CTI), CN was a wonderful relaxing destination for our honeymoon and I think we made the right choice for us.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the resorts, to be honest, but that's just my $0.02

Hope that helps!

The difference between the garden, ocean, and beachfront verandah rooms is the location. We visited CSA in July 2008 and stayed in a beachfront verandah. While we always request third floor room at CN, all that was available when we arrived at CSA was a first-floor room, so we accepted it so that we could get into our room immediately (I like to get settled in) rather than waiting for a third-floor room to open up.

The first-floor room was very convenient. The beachfront rooms at CSA are truly beachfront. We were able to set up on a spot of beach just steps outside of our door.

We had been considering a Great House Jacuzzi Suite but were so glad that we didn't select a room in that category. The GHJSs overlook the swim-up pool bar, and the week that we were at CSA, there was a raucous group and was much too loud and rowdy. So glad we were far away from them.