Default CN repeater dinner at Lychee

Here is a picture of the new set up for the repeater dinner at Lychee.

This was only one half of the room, but the other half was set up similarly.
    There were 11 tables of 11 and room for 2 or 3 more table easily if they needed them. Clearly way more room than Otaheite provided.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What night is the repeater's dinner at CN?
    Deputy

I love the repeaters dinner. This looks great.
    It was outside last November next to the pool. That was also very nice.
    Kim

oh and Monday night Deputy.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
    What night is the repeater's dinner at CN?
    Deputy
    Monday

Once Again..... Rudi Comes Thru w/ news and pics for all us CN Lovers!!!
    Thanks Rudi!! P.S. GREAT PIC!!!
    Art xo Francine

Quote Originally Posted by Art and Francine View Post
    GREAT PIC!!!
    Thanks. It would be better if we were actually still sitting there.
    Did I mention they had lobster at the repeat dinner again? (haven't seen that for a while) - so good!!!

Thanks! Can't wait...repeaters dinner is such a great time to connect with staff.

Oh, I can't wait! Seems like forever since we were home and it was less then a year ago. I think I started planning the day after we got back from our last visit.

I do love the repeaters dinner, can't beleive we missed so many of them, the food is alway wonderful. But I really love meeting and talking to the staff even more.

I remember a couple of years ago, Lychee's grand opening was the Repeater Dinner. It was wonderful! So excited that it is going to be there again. Can't wait!

What time does the dinner begin? We like to eat later than most.
    Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by 10snjamaica View Post
    What time does the dinner begin? We like to eat later than most.
    Thx!
    Cocktails in the Piano Bar at 7:00. Dinner at 7:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    ... But I really love meeting and talking to the staff even more.
    Agreed. One advantage we find of the dinner being held in Lychee is that we can hear much better than at Otaheite.
    On some trips the Otaheite location was fine, but on a few others there were a large number of repeaters and the acoustics in there made it nearly impossible to hear the manager (or anyone other than the person sitting next to you).

There were probably 80 to 90 people in Lychee at the repeat dinner and we had no problem communicating at all because it is so much more spread out.

Default ? on repeaters dinner

Is there still a need for long pants and closed toe shoes for the repeaters dinner if at Lychee?

Quote Originally Posted by mjd View Post
    Is there still a need for long pants and closed toe shoes for the repeaters dinner if at Lychee?
    Yes. Everything (dress code, menu, manager attendance, etc.) is the same as before with the exception of the location.

The invite states:

Dress code: resort attire
    (Jeans, shorts, sneakers, and flip-flops are not permitted)

The Repeater's Dinner was moved inside to Otaheite when we were there in December due to cool & windy weather. It was so crowded and noisy that conversation was impossible. Lychee is an excellent alternative.

Default Repeaters Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    Yes. Everything (dress code, menu, manager attendance, etc.) is the same as before with the exception of the location.

The invite states:

Dress code: resort attire
    (Jeans, shorts, sneakers, and flip-flops are not permitted)
    Well thats a BUMMER, in may we return for our 10th trip in 10 years and never did the repeaters dinner.

Ladies may want to bring a wrap as it seems to get very cold in Lychee if you are sitting by the back walls against the pillows. They have a always seem to have a problem getting the A/C regulated. The middle tables seem warmer.

What part is a bummer?

Default The Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_and_Patti View Post
    What part is a bummer?
    Still a dress code for the repeaters dinner. Just dont have room to hall size 12 dress shoes and long pants.

Default Oh

That makes sense. I have some relatively light weight shoes(usually Sperry Topsiders) that don't take up much room or I wear them on the plane. One pair of Dockers and I'm good to go. The repeaters' dinner and eating at the Otaheite a time or two each trip are highlights to us and worth the slight extra hassle. You don't need heavy leather oxfords. They are pretty flexible about the closed shoe requirement. Basically no sneakers, flipflops or open sandals. I have heard that even more dressy sandals might get through. One pair of long pants could take the place of the two pairs of shorts that you won't need for two more formal dinners. At least, that's my theory!

My husband always brings his nice dress sandals, they don't take up that much room and neither does his pants. The repeaters dinner is a really good time, you should go.

Thank you, rudi, for sharing! Excited to experience the repeater's dinner in Lychee.