Default Are the DOLPHINS at CN

Hi
    We are back to CN next month.
    It was fantastic seeing the Dolphins whilst ataying at C.N. last winter so really wanted to know if they are still in the area and making an appearance.
    We also saw the Sharks. Although they were big (maybe 10 feet long) they didn't move around much (they sleep in the day).
    What have you seen in the water there?
    Thanks
    Ian and Vanda

We have seen the dolphins many times on the Cat cruise. They like to follow the boat and jump around and really put on a great show!

Hi
    We had a lovely encounter with dolphins on our last trip to CN. (They were in the shallow plane wreck area).
    Ian and Vanda

Over Christmas and New Year's we saw: nurse sharks (7' - 8' long), eagle rays, sting rays, barracuda, puffer fish, moray eels, sea snakes, sea turtles and for the first time - sea horses!

I was diving two weeks ago at CN and an adult wild dolphin swam right up to us at about 30 feet while we were doing our first equiptment check. What a way to start a dive! We were off rocky point BTW

Wow, do the sea snakes bother the snorkelers? Are they poisonous?

No worries... They are NOT the sea snakes that are found in the Pacific & Indian Oceans..

What you will see in Jamaica are sharp-tailed eels or tiger tail sea cucumbers. Humans are not on their diet!

As with all sea life, don't touch and nobody gets hurt! :-)

The guys from Couples told us that the sea snakes stay in the coral and never come up to the surface because I was really freaked out the first time I saw them too, but they don't bother you. :O) We've also saw sting rays, sea horses, tons of starfish, and barracudas. :O)

Hi
    We are at CN now and having a great time. Alain found a nurse shark for us on the 2nd dive today.
    Ian and Vanda