Default Resort swap for a day ?

I seem to have picked up from this message board that it is possible to opt to spend a day at one of the other resorts as an option . I can't find any info on this officially .
    We are going to CSS next month. Can we arrange to spend a day at CTI just for a change of scene ? Is there a charge for this ? Can we do the inclusive horseback riding if we are there as day visitors ? Thanks for any information !

Gee, I have been going to ask the same question. We are going to CTI in 11 days, and were wondering also if it's possible to go spend just maybe an afternoon at CSS during our stay. Hopefully someone on here might know?

You can take advantage of the Trading Places program to visit CTI when you are staying at CSS. There is no charge for Trading Places. Just register in advanace for Romance Rewards and sign up for Trading Places once youi arrive at CSS
    Trading Places is available on Mon, Weds & Firdays from 10 AM tp 5 PM and is limited to 10 couples in each direction. You cannot take advantage of the horseback riding or the Cat cruise. If you want to take advantage of those excursions you can if you sign up and pay for a day pass at $150 per per person for 1/2 day pass and $200. per person for a full day pass

I found an archived thread on Trading Places and I followed the advice and registered for Romance rewards . As it is our first trip the balance is showing as zero . Will we still be able to trade places as first-timers ?

It's called Trading Places. Sign up for the Romance Rewards, on the link to the left (doesn't cost anythiing and when...and it will be WHEN...you return, you get several nice perks as a returning guest). When you get to the resort you can sign up to go to the other resort for the day, no charge. Have fun.

They call the "resort swap" their "Trading Places Program". In order to participate you must be a member of their "Romance Rewards Program". Read about and sign up for romance rewards at this link. http://www.couples.com/RomanceRewards/index.html

Below is the description of the "Trading Places Program" taken from the Couples Frequenly Asked Questions web page. http://www.couples.com/10FAQ.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)

Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".

In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.

In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.

Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.

4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.

5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.

6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

If you are a repeat guest there is a trading places program where you can spend the day at another resort...

From the FAQ page...

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.

3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.

4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.

5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.

6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.

I have a partial answer to your question. It's called "trading places" (but I don't think you'll see Eddie Murphy or Dan Akroyd). You can do it between CN and CSA, or CSS and CTI. They take you over to the other place for the day, and you can use the beach, eat, and use the resort stuff that does not require prior sign-up. You need to be a member of the Couples Reward program in order to do this, I think. You can sign up on this web site, somewhere.

I am going to CN soon, and I'd love to go over and see CSA. I did sign up for the Rewards program.... but can I do the resort swap even though this is my first trip to a Couples resort? Does anybody know? Thanks.

Default trading places policy

Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)

Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".

In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.

In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.

Join the "Romance Rewards Program" on the left pane of this web page and pre-check in. Note your member # and use it when you arrive to switch resorts for a day at CTI free of charge. Just read the rewards details. This is the only repeaters perk you get as a first timer to Couples.

Have fun at CSS and CTI!

In order to do the "swap" you have to be a member of Romance Rewards. You can not do any of the options that requires a reservation such as horse back riding, or catamaran cruise. It is a nice opportunity to see the other resort though, and when we did it we enjoyed it.
    Linda

Yes, you can swap to the resort closest to you for a day, but you have to make sure that you make a "reservation" for it at least a day before with the front desk, no charge. You leave around 9 or 10am and they bring you back around 4pm, so you get almost a full day at the other resort. I would definitely recommend it! We stayed at CN in November and did a day swap at CSA and it was a lot of fun! It was awesome to be able to check out one of their other resorts without having to pay anything, and we are actually going back to stay at CSA this coming November - so needless to say, it was worth the trip!

If you register for Romance Rewards ahead of time (think NOW), you will be eligible to take advantage of the Trading Places program once you get to Couples. You can sign up with the concierge once you get there. There is no cost. When we went to CN from CSA last year, the van picked us up at 9:45 and we returned from CN at 4:00. We ate and toured the grounds at CN. It is a very nice perk. Trading places is available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Thanks guys ! That answers my question very well. Can't wait until we get there now. Very excited about our Couples wedding and honeymoon .