Default Alternatives to Tipping

Its been a while since I've seen this come up and we're counting the days till we leave for CSS. (55 more sleeps) When we went to CSS last year we brought some goodie bags for those folks that went above and beyond as well as some who helped us with our wedding. The bags included things like Hershey Bars, ibuprofen, coloring books & crayons, cold meds, flip flops, spray stuff for the guys, lotion for the ladies and more. There is no way my husband is going to let me take an entire bag of goodies down like we did last year. I'm starting my collection of items that are MUCH smaller this year. I'm bringing some inexpensive reading glasses, Hershey bars, big and bold earrings for the ladies and some bottles of ibuprofen. Does anyone else do this? If yes, what do you bring and how do you hand them out? I was very discreet about it as I didn't want to upset anyone.

Last spring was our first trip to Couples and I brought a bag of Hershey Kisses. I left them for housekeeping and the guy that refilled our mini bar.
    I'd like to hear what others have done.

We are going to CSA in 20 days for the first time but have been to the Carribean a few times now, we are taking with us some `England` football shirts as we know the guys love them and some perfume and smellies as well as big bars of chocolate for the women

Cannot wait to experience this resort as it sounds so great on these message boards, hope you enjoy your holiday

Di & Karl

Generally being friendly, patient, and respectful to the staff members is very much appreciated and is all that is necessary.

In addition I have found that a kind word to management about any staff members who went the extra mile to make your stay special is a good thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by mkcouple View Post
    We are going to CSA in 20 days for the first time but have been to the Carribean a few times now, we are taking with us some `England` football shirts as we know the guys love them and some perfume and smellies as well as big bars of chocolate for the women

Cannot wait to experience this resort as it sounds so great on these message boards, hope you enjoy your holiday

Di & Karl
    Good ideas! I'm always trying to come up with something for the guys. You'll have to let us know what you think of the resort although I doubt very much you'll be disappointed! It really is lovely.

yes, we always take things and leave for the maids almost every day

usually, kid stuff

paper, coloring books, crayons, markers, deck of cards, hats, small toys

we typically book our trips in early April, so I take along all the Easter chocolate that always seems to accumulate at our house (we have two young boys) along with me and hand baggies of them out to staff with a pre-written, signed note saying that it is a gift from us so the staff will be allowed to take it off the property. Last year one of the CN entertainment staff members took her baggie with her on her day off to give to her nephew and nieces. All the staff really enjoyed the treats!