Default CSS on Saturday!! A few questions.....

My hubby & I, and another couple, are heading to CSS on Saturday. We booked more than a year ago and can't wait!!! We've been obsessively reading the message board for awhile now, and have a few last minute questions I was hoping someone could help us out with:

1. Are we able to order alcohol through room service? And if so, are there any restrictions? Ie: if we wanted to order a bottle of champagne or wine, would that be a problem?

2. My hubby & I have previously stayed at CSA & CN and LOVED the beach bonfire nights. Does CSS do this?

3. Does CSS offer daily snorkel trips like CSA & CN does? If so, do they go every day? And what is the snorkeling like right infront of the hotel? We usually bring out own snorkel gear with us, so hoping we'll get to use it.

5. For lobster night, is there a restaurant that you particularly loved? Or are all the restaurants fairly equal in your mind?

6. We won't arrive at the resort until close to 7pm on Sat. Will there be a restaurant we can eat at that night, without a reservation? Or will we need to order room service or eat at the grill?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help!!

We have been to CSS three times, and love it. I believe you can order alcohol from room service, but we never felt the need since the mini bar had all we wanted. Yes they have snorkling trips every day. We don't snorkel since my husband has breathing problems, but I have heard that the reefs around the resort are OK for snorkling. We like Casanova on Lobster night, but they are all very good. You can eat at the Bella Vista. It is right on the beach and does not require a reservation. We usually get there later in the day as well and alway eat there our first night.
    Linda

At 7pm dinner is just getting started.

We ordered a bottle of champagne every night to drink while we were getting dressed. It felt very decadent.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

The mini-bar had all we wanted, too, and you can request certain items for your mini-bar on a form they leave for you. I'm sure it would be fine to order wine with room service.

There was no beach bonfire during our stays in Oct 2009 or May 2010, but you probably won't miss it.

Yes, snorkel trips every day. We have never gone, but plan to go this year since we both just had LASIK surgery and won't have to worry about our contacts anymore - yay!

I think we somehow always miss lobster season, so no advice there.

We always eat at Bella Vista our first night, too - no reservations required.

Have fun!!!

You can order any drink you want via room service, they will even bring whole bottles of liquor in room for you. Wine and champagne will cost you extra unless you want the house wine. All the restaurants are delicious, cant speak for the lobster as we always go in April after lobster season . I would eat at the grill when I arrived, but a few restaurants will be open. You will have a good time!

We are here at CSS right now (our 3rd time home) and we do bring our own snorkel gear with us. The snorkel trip goes out at 9:30a and 3p daily to a reef or a sunken ship> we did the reef yesterday and it was the best snorkeling I have done in Jamaica! We waited around to decide we wanted to go again so we have to wait for Friday to snorkel again - so my advice is to sign up for the spots on the boats sooner rather than later. SCUBA has lots of open spots, so my sweetie is psyched. To snorkel off the beach, you can, but it's not nearly as good as the boat trips.
    We had dinner at Cassanova last night (lobster night) and it was lovely, except we had a late reservation (9pm) so the entertainment at the Balloon bar overpowered our conversation. In the past we have dined at Pallazina on Wed, and both are excellent choices.
    The day we arrive, we usually eat at the beach grill as we did this year and it was great too! I didn't try to get reservations, since the resort is quite full at this time. It never hurts to ask Guest Services for ANYTHING! If you see us Saturday night, we will be the sad looking group of 4 from NY, as we are dreading returning to snow and ice.
    Cheers!

We just returned from CSS on Saturday and really enjoyed our stay. Everything that was said in the previous postings is accurate. On lobster night we ate at Pallazina and I ordered the lobster tail and the seafood kabob. Even though that was considered two entrees it was "no problem mon". It was delicious.
    There are order forms in your room binder to order additional items for the minibar. Just leave the order form on top of the mini bar and they will deliver the items the next day. We came home to a snow storm and very cold weather. We wish we were back at CSS. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by B&LfromNC View Post
    You can order any drink you want via room service, they will even bring whole bottles of liquor in room for you. Wine and champagne will cost you extra unless you want the house wine. All the restaurants are delicious, cant speak for the lobster as we always go in April after lobster season . I would eat at the grill when I arrived, but a few restaurants will be open. You will have a good time!
    The champagne is not an extra charge, it is included in the price of your stay. No charge for having it delivered to your room.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We have to pay extra for the champagne and wine?