Default CSA - Blue Mountain Coffee

Hello,
    I am going for the first time to CSA in a week and was wondering where would be the cheapest place to buy the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee? At the resort, at the airport, or a close store around CSA that would be safe to go to? And would someone know how much it costs? I've never tasted but many tells me it is very good.

Thanks in advance.

We bought a small bag in town on the shopping trip. Every store you go in is about the same so I compared their prices and bought the cheapest. It wasn't that much more at the CSA gift shop and the airport was about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimebrad View Post
    We bought a small bag in town on the shopping trip. Every store you go in is about the same so I compared their prices and bought the cheapest. It wasn't that much more at the CSA gift shop and the airport was about the same.
    They must have repriced it at the gift shop between my trip and yours. The only benefit I could find to buying coffee or alcohol in the gift shop would be if you have a credit you are using up.

We've always purchased ours in the airport while waiting for our flight home. The prices have been comparable to the gift shop at the resort...both Couples and the resort where we used to stay. We've never gone into town to shop so I can't speak to prices there but I can tell you that the coffee in the gift shops or airport will be real Blue Mountain, if you go into town you will want to know what to watch for to be sure you aren't getting other varieties of Jamaican coffee. Here is a site with lots of good info, if you google Jamaica Blue Moutain Coffee you'll find a lot of other sites as well.

http://www.ciboj.org/cib/home.html

We have always found the coffee to be least expensive on the shopping trip that the resort offers for free. If you are buying several pounds you can negotiate for a better price. We paid $16 per pound. Be sure you buy the coffee with the government seal showing it is 100% Blue Mountain coffee or just buy one of these three: JaBlum (most expensive), Coffee Roasters or Wallenford. I think they each have a slightly different taste and our favorite is Wallenford, it also happens to be the least expensive of the three.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come