Results 1 to 19 of 19

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Floaties Shortage at CSS?

    We're going to Sans Souci in a little over 8 weeks, and can hardly wait!! Been to CN and CSA so now trying CSS. I keep reading about a possible shortage of floaties on the beach chairs at CSS. Is that right, and if so will there be sufficient floaties when we get there? lol Hard to sit on the chairs without the padding, although I have plenty of padding of my own (wink, wink!).

  2. #2

    Default

    We just returned from Sans Souci and learned the floatie drill. Unfortunately you have to start early. I put out my room service card on the door each night for morning coffee at 7 am and took it to the beach where I had my choice of shade and floaties. It was divine sitting there watching the waves, sipping coffee while husband power walked around the pond. I did see folks get up early, reserve spots, then not return until late in the morning, but I never felt comfortable doing that. If I reserved a floatie, I sat my but down on it. One day we were late and there were no floaties. The next day, Cohen the lifeguard saved us two. How's that for service? Cohen is the man!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    This might be a stupid question, but I have heard this problem come up on a few threads before. Why don't they just get more chairs and floaties?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    181

    Default

    We were there last May and we had a little trouble finding floaties for the chairs around the pool. There should obviously be one floatie for each chair, so where do the floaties go? Who's taking the floaties? and why? I guess we'll be "floatie hunting" again in April, but it's worth it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theyamons View Post
    We were there last May and we had a little trouble finding floaties for the chairs around the pool. There should obviously be one floatie for each chair, so where do the floaties go? Who's taking the floaties? and why? I guess we'll be "floatie hunting" again in April, but it's worth it.
    I have the same worry! We are going in April, and heard the resort is completely booked! I don't know about you all, but I'm on vacation: the last thing I want to do is wake up early just to reserve a chair/floatie? Can't they provide a chair/floatie for each visitor??? Is there a way we can notify somebody about this: maybe the manager is not aware??

  6. #6

    Default

    I am going to tower iale in july anyone know if there are aa meetings there i do know the rum is plentyfull

  7. #7

    Default

    we've been to all but CTI, we always go in April the resort are usually close to capacity, I've never had a problem getting a chair or a 'floatie'. I do know that the older people are not playing games with those little mini shade huts. Those apparently are serious business, but we get all the shade we want when the sun goes down

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    232

    Default Floatie shortage

    Hi,

    We had a problem getting floaties at CSS in December. There are jut NOT enough pads to go with each beach lounger. I do not know why, or where they go. We wrote that on our departing questionaire, but still looks like it's a problem.

    Beergirl

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    497

    Default

    We were at CSS in January and were very disappointed in the floatie situation. My husband had to go down every morning at about 6:30 and put our stuff on our chairs and floaties. We usually got to the beach before most everyone else anyway. I spoke with Pierre about this and he assured me they were working on it. He told me there are 400 chairs and 250 floaties. I dont know how they ended up with the discrepancy but hopefully it has been corrected.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    When we were at CN and CSA never had a problem with chairs or floties. However this year a CTI we were suprised when we went to the beach around 10 there were no floaties. We found chairs but they are very uncomfortable without padding. We also like to use them in the water. So I was forced to go before breakfast to save some. Hated doing it but when everyone else does you have to. Also did the trading spaces to CSS and couldn't find floaties there either. Again found chairs but no floaties.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    We were at CSS in January and were very disappointed in the floatie situation. My husband had to go down every morning at about 6:30 and put our stuff on our chairs and floaties. We usually got to the beach before most everyone else anyway. I spoke with Pierre about this and he assured me they were working on it. He told me there are 400 chairs and 250 floaties. I dont know how they ended up with the discrepancy but hopefully it has been corrected.

    We Second that motion Marnies being there the same time. Was an unfortunate situation and hope this very simple to resolve problem can be fixed by next Jan. Made the mornings stressful not know if your were going to be on a hard lounger or resting in comfort. Not to mention no floating in the water either!

  12. #12

    Default

    When we were at CTI end of Dec/early Jan there was a shortage of chairs and even more so floaties for late comers to the beach. But the resort was at full capacity for the holidays. We even witnessed chair/floatie theives at work, but that's another story.
    Then we went to CSS. There we had no problems ever getting chairs and floaties. So I am surprised to hear about problems there. Even late morning/early afternoon there were chairs under palapas. I was quite surprised. I guess the resort wasn't that full after New Year.
    Back when we went to CSA I don't recall having a problem either. Sometimes if we were later we had to search a bit, but we always found some.
    I think the lack of floaties per each chair has to do with floaties not lasting as long as the chairs. They get worn out, squashed down, ripped and generally wear out from the salt water. I bet they are replacing them more often than we know.
    If they started to get better chairs that weren't so hard they might not need that many floaties, since not eveyone floats with them anyway. The newer green chairs by the pools at CTI were a lot more comfortable. But I bet they cost more.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    989

    Default

    Aaaaargh!! The dreaded floatie shortage, real or imagined, has struck CSS! Someone must have brought the bug from CSA and infected CSS.


    Oh, the humanity....


    * All in fun folks, all in fun. I'm sure your trip to CSS will be wonderful.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Spoke to the GM at CSS when we were there the first week in Feb. He said they'd had ordered new floaties from a company that was not able to fill the order, they are essentially on back order. He didn't say when they expected to get them but said would be replacing the old ones and had ordered enough to cover all the loungers. So we are looking forward to new floaties when we go back in 2012 :-)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
    Spoke to the GM at CSS when we were there the first week in Feb. He said they'd had ordered new floaties from a company that was not able to fill the order, they are essentially on back order. He didn't say when they expected to get them but said would be replacing the old ones and had ordered enough to cover all the loungers. So we are looking forward to new floaties when we go back in 2012 :-)
    Key points in red. Thanks Pierre!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

  16. #16

    Default

    We had luck some days and not others, we are usually up and at the beach before ten and saw lots of ppl reserve chairs/floaties and not show up for hours after we were there, very rude I think, not so bad if you are just running for a quick breakfast or something but not for hours on end! We grabbed some from the textile beach to take to SSB one day just incase, and there were some available so.. oh well, get the sling back chairs if no floaties available, they are way more comfy!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Getting up at 630am is definitely not in my honeymoon plan . I am not impressed that the hotel have not fixed this problem because it seems there have been several complaints . We are not people who lie around all day but I would like to think that when we do want some beach or pool time we won't have to fight for a lounger or mattress . I am going to order inflatable ones to pack with us just in case .

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Una View Post
    Getting up at 630am is definitely not in my honeymoon plan . I am not impressed that the hotel have not fixed this problem because it seems there have been several complaints . We are not people who lie around all day but I would like to think that when we do want some beach or pool time we won't have to fight for a lounger or mattress . I am going to order inflatable ones to pack with us just in case .
    Actually, I have been to many resorts that don't offer floaties at all, so even if I have to fight for one or get up early it is better then knowing you just won't have one at all.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    are the chairs really that uncomfortable without them? We have never been and just curious if this is something we should plan on trying to grab early, or just see how it goes when we head to the beach/pool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •