Default Csa catamaran cruise

My wife and I will be staying at CSA next month and are trying to find details on the cruise: what days, how long, where does it go, etc. Any and all information would be very much appreciated.

Cruises leave in the afternoon about 3 to 3:30. Travels down along the coastline a few miles, just south of Negril I think, and parks at a cove for about half hour for swimming and just hanging out a bit. Back up the coastline to arrive back at about 6-ish. Just in time to get ready for dinner.

There is some entertainment and a somewhat limited open bar, mostly beer, rum punch and soft drinks. Cruise and drinks are included in your Couples all inclusive package. They will be selling some trinkets, hand made jewelry and such, that are available for cash purchase.

There will be a tip jar on the bar. Drop a few bucks in the jar, I usually drop in a sawbuck or two. The crew is not employed by Couples even though the cruise is included. Tips are much appreciated by the guys.

Take a towel if you wish, it will get wet and you will want to trade it in for a fresh one the next morning. The water sports hut will be closed by the time you get back. We do not take towels any more, we just wound up sitting on them for the whole trip. Wear a swim suit and a tee shirt. Your shirt will probably get wet walking out to the boat and back to shore, so it is optional. Wear flip/flops or water shoes to walk out if you are worried about walking through the water barefoot. I go barefoot, my wife wears water shoes. It is about a 30 yard walk out to the boat and back. Water up to your waste or chest maybe. Take your camera, great photos of the island and ocean. If it is not waterproof, just be careful with it. Maybe take it in a zip-lock bag, that's what we do.

Not sure about the days scheduled for the cruise. From CSA there are three of four a week I think. Others will have better information than I on that. Make reservations ahead at the concierge desk. You may go as many times as you are able to make the schedule during your stay. In a weeks stay we usually make it a couple of times.

The cruise is relaxing and lots of fun. Nice way to end a day on the beach.

You are going to love CSA! Have a great trip.

Days & Times: Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays & Saturdays at 3:30PM. It goes up to the caves. You'll stop at Rick's and watch the cliff divers, but you will not be able to get out at Rick's. Also, you'll stop and go swimming. We swam in a cave when we went. It was prety cool. I can't remember how long it was exactly, but the boat is coming back as the sun is setting. So, it's at least a few hours long. :O)

Does anyone know how many people the cat cruise takes at any one time?

11 days to go

Was wondering how many days in advance should you make your reservations?? Is it best to make them the first day you get there, I have heard they fill up rather fast and we are only there for 5 days.

How fast it fills up can depend on how full the resort is, probably wouldn't hurt to make a reservation right away if you really want to go. Some friends of ours went and had so much fun they decided spontaneously one afternoon to go again and were able to walk over and get on just before it was leaving. I wouldn't count on that but if you enjoy yourselves and want to go again it never hurts to ask. Make your first reservation right away and then see what happens if you want to go again.

1) Does anyone know how many people the cat cruise takes at any one time?
    2) Was wondering how many days in advance should you make your reservations?? Is it best to make them the first day you get there, I have heard they fill up rather fast and we are only there for 5 days.

1)I never really counted the people but I would guess about 20-30

2) You should probably book it as soon as you get there to be sure to get on board. I've done it the same day as the cruise at both CN & CSA in the past though with no problem. You never really know what the demand will be on a given cruise but they have always seemed full for the 7 or 8 we have been on. If you book it when you arrive, you'll get on with no problem.
    Last edited by rjammin; March 1st, 2011 at 12:17 PM.

I may be wrong but I remember only being able to book the catamaran within 24 hours. Maybe that was snorkeling though or possibly both. We went on a Tuesday and booked it Monday morning. I'd say there were about 35-40 people on board. It was very big and plenty of room. There are different crews so some have live music with Rasta Ralphie amd others play CDs. The rum punch was great but our beer tap wasnt too cold.

You go South all the way to the lighthouse on the tip of the island, then turn around. You will pause at Ricks for a few minutes and then continue on to the caves where they let you swim for about 30-45 minutes. It was a lot of fun and life vests are provided.