Thread: Cold water?

Default Cold water?

Is the water cold at SSB Sans Souci? Was there in 2002 and stream running out through property had very cold water.

river is currently running across the front of the beach all you need to do is cross the river (1/2 meter at deepest point) then you are in the nice warm sea

That is the White River that empties at Sunset Beach. It is coming down out of the mountains and even in July the water was chilly.
    Vicky

We were just there last week, and yes, the river water is chilly, but once you get beyond it, it's much better, and SO worth it! I have never been a fan of cold water and I made the trek daily!!

Default Oh the water is cold?

Did not realize the water was cold. I just thought you all were just happy to be at SSB

We were there last week also and the pool water seemed chilly to us and other as well. I guess it hasn't had a chance to warm up fully yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    We were there last week also and the pool water seemed chilly to us and other as well. I guess it hasn't had a chance to warm up fully yet.
    I know how quickly the beach can change at SSB, we've seen it rocky and no rocks to cross over until it's a nice sandy bottom. Since you've been there recently, what is the shape of the beach, are there loads of rocks to navigate right now?
    (Karen&Paul)

Default Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    I know how quickly the beach can change at SSB, we've seen it rocky and no rocks to cross over until it's a nice sandy bottom. Since you've been there recently, what is the shape of the beach, are there loads of rocks to navigate right now?
    We spend all of our time by the pool at SSB, so I can't say what the condition of the beach is right now. I can tell you that when we were there, several people were either snorkeling or taking floats out there.