Thread: css penthouse

Default css penthouse

I booked a penthouse for my trip to CSS. Will I get a penthouse? My travel agents says lots of time they overbook and you don't get what you booked. Has this happened to anyone?

I take it this is your first trip to Couples. Couples does not overbook. If you booked a penthouse, you will get a penthouse. It drives me crazy when travel agents make statements like that. Other resorts do overbook but I have never seen anyone complain on this board or on the other internet travel sites about this happening at Couples. Their service is a cut above the competition. Prepare for the trip of your lives.

Thanks Marnies, this will be our 25th anniversary and first time to Jamaica. We are very excited and really looking forward to our trip!

It can and does happen that you don't get the room category you reserved. It happened to us at CSA.
    They do give you what THEY consider to be an upgrade but to us it was not and I was very upset. In fact, it ruined the first two days of my stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    I take it this is your first trip to Couples. Couples does not overbook. If you booked a penthouse, you will get a penthouse. It drives me crazy when travel agents make statements like that. Other resorts do overbook but I have never seen anyone complain on this board or on the other internet travel sites about this happening at Couples. Their service is a cut above the competition. Prepare for the trip of your lives.
    ita...great post!
    Don't go thru a TA next time..lol

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

We have been to CSS once and CSA 5 times (just got back a few weeks ago). We had booked a beachfront suite this past trip, and it was not available when we arrived, and was not going to be available for two days. This is the first time this has happened to us in our 6 trips to Couples. So could it happen? Sure it can, especially since all of the resorts are running near capacity now. But the odds are that you will get your room category choice.

Default They overbooked when we were there

Hi. They were overbooked when we were there week of Jan 29th. We booked a penthouse suite. They bumped us UP. There is only one place to go and that is the Hibiscus Cottage. It was a dream come true and amazing.
    If you booked a penthouse suite, don't worry you should get at least that. And maybe if you are lucky - they may bump you up like we were.

We stayed at CSS 2 years ago and although we booked a penthouse there were none available for the first 2 days. Looking back it was quite comical. The front desk told us that the room we were assigned to was a penthouse but we were doubtful. We asked our Bell person who took our luggage and he responded that it was not a penthouse. We went back and forth a bit with some staff saying it was a penthouse and others saying it wasn't. We finally changed rooms when a 'real' penthouse became available. Having said that, the room that we were originally assigned was very nice and we got to stay in 2 different buildings. Overall, no problem.

Iriesue, thanks you got lucky!
    BobandJudy, were you compensated for having to downgrade? I want a room high up with a great view and balcony,that is why I really hope to get the penthouse we booked.
    Thanks everyone for your posts.

We have never had any problems with our room choice. We have received an upgrade before but never a downgrade. I wouldn't worry...hence the phrase "No Worries"

Quote Originally Posted by Travelpatty View Post
    It can and does happen that you don't get the room category you reserved. It happened to us at CSA.
    They do give you what THEY consider to be an upgrade but to us it was not and I was very upset. In fact, it ruined the first two days of my stay.
    WOW. Nothing at couples has ever ruined my day...we talking about the same resort? I can't imagine hearing the sounds of the waves hitting the beach, seeing all the couples in love, being greeted by the best staff EVER, eating fabulous food, being able to do just about anything as far as activities are concerned, having a cold drink in my hand, hearing no worries mon over and over, hearing the tree frogs at night, enjoying the entertainment each night, knowing that in a horrible economy I can afford all of these luxuries and feel ruined. Oh well, just happy to say I can't imagine that. I am wondering if this post was from a competitive resort trying to bash Couples because if anyone ruined anything for me I wouldn't be back and for sure wouldn't hang out on the message board. Just the two cents from a repeat customer

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    Randymon says they do overbook the lowest categories but everyone does and they upgrade people rather than downgrading them since they booked a low category anyway. Every time we have been to CSA we have met at least one couple who was upgraded due to availability.

Also, sometimes they get overbooked on accident. We wanted an Atrium for our honeymoon but during the time I was booking and clicking the dates it became unavailable. I did notice that all the travel websites were still selling it though so I called Couples. They said it was indeed sold out. For about 5 days all the travel websites were still selling it and then one by one they stopped. They could have sold a bunch of rooms they didn't have but it wasn't Couples fault that the travel websites didn't update in a timely fashion. I don't think there is really anything they can do about that.

So what happens if its not available and you get downgraded?

oooh, I hope my penthouse suite is full when we go to CSS in 58 days so I get bumped to the Hibiscus Cottage!

Jamerican352005,
    I can assure you that my post is genuine. I was not trying to bash Couples and in fact, we have been back twice since our disappointing trip to CSA and we will be returning again this December. Let me give you a little backround. Our first trip was to CSS in 2006. We loved it and decided to return to a Couples resort the following year to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We wanted to bring our three adult children and their spouses and thought that CSA might be a better match. I reserved a Beachfront Suite for my husband and myself and three Atriums for our children. Upon arrival we were given the Beachfront Suite and one Atrium; the other two rooms were at the complete opposite side of the resort. The point was for us all to be together. I think the thing that bothered me most however was that there was no explanation given and no apology whatsoever. As I said in my previous post, it upset me for the first two days but I got over it. We have now been to all four resorts and only had problems at CSA.

We just returned and had another couple join us, they were upgraded to a penthouse the first night then to the one bed they had booked, other than the fact that it had two bedrooms, the one bedroom was way nicer, huge bathroom and the view was way better!! Penthouse was C8, their room was G8
    From all of the rooms I toured while there (I am a TA so wanted to check it out)there is not a bad room at CSS!!

I'd love to get the PM suite!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Hi Sunny - the plan was to put us in either an atrium or an Ocean room for two evenings, then move us to a beachfront suite. I travel for a living, so the last thing I want to do on vacation is unpack and repack. I brought up the greathouse jacuzzi suite. I honestly think she was surprised that I requested this room, I'm not sure why, but in reality it is the only upgrade possible from the beachfront rooms. Although technically the GHJS was not available for our entire stay, we were told we could stay there for a few days and then "see what happens." We gambled that they wouldn't move us. The long and short of it is that we got the GHJS for our entire stay, so we were not technically downgraded.

In the past, we have know a few other couples in the same situation. When they were downgraded for a few days, they received resort credits and credits towards a future stay. So they do try to reimburse you in some manner if you are downgraded.

As I said, this was the first time this has happened to us in 6 trips to Couples.

Thanks BobnJudy! I am so excited to go to my first couples resort!