Thread: October weather

Default October weather

Please can anyone tell me what the weather is like in late October? Done the web research but weather patterns do seem to be changing and just wanted an update from experienced people.
    Thanks in advance for ant replies.

Obviously the weather is different from year to year, but we have been there the first week in October and the weather was beautiful! It rained very early one morning, but other than that the weather was perfect.

You can't really get an accurate report on the internet, seems they always predict rain all day everyday all over the island. Jamaica essentially has no seasons as far as temps, they vary by only a couple degrees all year. In October you can still expect hot, humid days (upper 80's) and evenings that are absolutely gorgeous (70's). October is hurricane season so that could throw a wrench in any forecast in that it could bring more rain and cooler weather if a storm is approaching. You can also expect some rain showers in the afternoon many days but they don't last long...a few minutes to a couple hours. It's a great time to go sit at a beach bar, enjoy your verandah/balcony, take a nap. It will still be warm so many people stay outside and don't worry about getting wet. We made our 15th trip last October...we usually go in early/mid November for our anniversary but a few trips were in October due to scheduling issues of travel companions and we've always had great weather. Last year was particularly stormy but most of our days were still sunny with just a couple days of clouds and rain.

We were there in Oct 090 and the weather was fine. We ahd some showers over night bt that was it. Wasnt too warm, it was just right.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

We have been in mid-April, mid-June, mid-July & late October/early November. Our favorite was the October/November time slot - water temp were perfect, not much humidity compared to summer months - the only issue we rant into was Hurricane Tomas that formed after we were in Jamaica - that was a little weird and I worried about it - it turned out perfect and we left the day it finally passed by Jamaica - rainy day the day we left.

We would go that time every year it were not for kids in school still.

Tracy

Wife and I were at CSS from Oct3 thru the 9th of 2010.
    This is during hurricane season. The rates seemed to much cheaper. During our stay it rain once. That was fairly early on Monday morning. It lasted 2 hours. That was the only time it rained by the coast during our stay. I was told that it rains nearly every day up in the mountains. Also it is not nearly as hot during that time. Highs during the day were about 85 degrees, and 75 degrees at night.
    Wife and I re-newed our vows on Wednesday at 2pm. During the ceremony it looked as if it would rain. But it didnt.

The week before we arrived they had a fairly large tropical storm come in. It seemed to effect Negril more than Ochos Rios. The tropical storm did stir up the bottom of the ocean, and they canceled the glass bottom boat tours everyday we were there. That was a little disappointing. But the head of the sports complex ask one of the guys to take my wife and I, by ourselves, out on the speed boat. He took us up and down the Ochos Rios coast for about an hour. We had a great time.

In closing, the wife and I always travel to the Carribean in October. The price is more reasonable, plus the resorts are generally not at capacity. But you do take a chance on Tropical Storms and Hurricanes

Thanks for the answers for the original poster. Our honeymoon will be the first full week of October and I'm very stressed about Tropical Storms that might be stirring at that time.

We have travel and accomodations insured, though, in case we need to cancel. I hope we don't have to reschedule, but I definitely don't want to risk storms!

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    Thanks for the answers for the original poster. Our honeymoon will be the first full week of October and I'm very stressed about Tropical Storms that might be stirring at that time.

We have travel and accomodations insured, though, in case we need to cancel. I hope we don't have to reschedule, but I definitely don't want to risk storms!
    We are going to CSA the first week of Oct. this year and I am really nervous about the weather acting up (especially on my wedding day)...but It helps to read these posts that the weather has been good despite it being hurricane season!

We have been to Couples twice in October and we happened to hit the rainy times and I mean flooding rain. This did not stop us from having a good time but if you do your research, you will see that October is THE rainiest month of the year for Jamaica.

Jamaica is no different than say parts of the US that live through "tornado season" or the areas here that are exposed to hurricane season as well. Just because it's tornado season doesn't mean there will be a storm, likely it will be a beautiful day. Same for hurricane season...how many days out of the season are actually poor weather days? It's just called hurricane season because that's the time of year hurricanes form in Atlantic Ocean. Seriously, there are so many more things to stress about like missing a flight or forgetting to pack something you think you just can't live without. A hurricane doesn't hit Jamaica every year, and you can't control it anyway so forget about it and make sure your packing list is up to date.

Ok... so WE are headed to SweptAway on Oct15... anyone else??
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"