Thread: When 2 become 1

Default When 2 become 1

I'm sure this has been tossed around before, but here goes:

It's my understanding "solos" aren't welcome at SSB (particularly men...might creep folks out wondering if there's a perv lurking).
    So....if my wife and I show up at SSB and are there for awhile, then she wants to head off and go to the spa or whatever, do I have to leave SSB because my wife won't be with me for an hour or two until she returns?

Usually once you hve been to SSB as a couple, no one cares if you are there alone for a while. I have at times left my husband to go back to the room or whatever I needed to do, and he has done the same thing. I remember last year we had someone who spent most of his time on SSB, and we didn't see much of his wife. It really didn't bother any of us. We had all seen him at sometime with his wife, and he never gauked or anything, so NO Problem Mon.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by NakedrunningHomer View Post
    I'm sure this has been tossed around before, but here goes:

It's my understanding "solos" aren't welcome at SSB (particularly men...might creep folks out wondering if there's a perv lurking).
    So....if my wife and I show up at SSB and are there for awhile, then she wants to head off and go to the spa or whatever, do I have to leave SSB because my wife won't be with me for an hour or two until she returns?
    Officially the answer is "no," I suppose. But we've noticed that once everyone gets used to your presence in the AN area as a couple, it's not really an issue if one partner or the other comes and goes.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

No you do not have to leave, you will be all right.
    Irie Mon

We have been going to SSB for 5 years now, July will be our 6th.
    We have seen just about every circumstance that is brought up on this message board. I have stayed at SSB when my wife goes to get a massage, go scuba diving, shopping in Ocho Rios. She has done the same when I am doing something else. Other couples have also done the same thing. I have found that if you come to SSB as a couple the first time and introduce yourself and get to know other couples, no one cares if one of you goes off for awhile.
    "Once you go...you know"
    SteveandVictoria

Really depends on social you have been and at what point during your visit. If a couple of days in she wants to go to the spa and you have met and talked with the folks at SSB, then probably not an issue. If while she gone, you sit at the bar and still socialize with folks there, probably not an issue. If you sit back and stare at a group at the pool from a distance--creepy.

We have visited CSS and CTI. While at CTI, there was a gentleman who used to come to the island while his wife shopped or golfed and then she was there when not shopping or golfing. No worries for him. Another guy used to swim over, have a beer, then swim back. No worries.

But as with everything, it depends on the crowd.
    Vicky

that's not a problem, provided you've established yourself as a couple at SSB. If she has a spa appointment the morning of the first day at CSS you may want to wait for her. But once you've been there together, probably not more than half a day, you should be okay.

Generally that is the rule. We meet friends there every year, after a day or so you will be established as a couple and the group will usually accept you by yourelf while she's off doing girlie things....
    It does depend on the group there at the time. If you unsure, ask everyone if the mind if you stay while she is gone. It's the strange dude that shows up out of the blue that causes issues.

That depends...are you a perv?

I don't exactly know what the offical Couples nude beach bylaws say, but how it usually works is if someone complains about a single person hanging out, then security will look into it. If no one says anything, then nothing is done. So if the other people there are comfortable with you or if you are hanging out with a group of people, then most likely no one will care.

That happened while we were at CTI one time. The gentleman was asked to leave and return with his SO.

I think if you establish yourselves as a 'couple' people wouldn't have a problem with you going solo for an hour or two.

That should be OK but I wouldn't do it the first day. Once people see you and your wife on the beach and get to know you, her absence will be tolerated for a while. We were there in January. My wife went to water aerobics every day for about an hour. No one said anything but she didn't try it until we had been there a day or two and everyone knew us. A couple of people asked where she went but I think that was just polite chat.

Ok, cool. Seems like the thing to do is be a couple and get to know folks, then all is good after that.
    Sounds reasonable. I like reasonable!