Default Booking change problem

Hi all,

I've hit a slight problem with my couples booking and wanted to get some opinions/advice on how I should handle it.

Last June, I booked my honeymoon, quickly, to take advantage of the $500 resort credit. Being our first trip together, I'm really excited to be staying at this resort and getting our marriage off to a great start. Getting married in Montego Bay, I used a travel agent to book my CSA trip from 5/8-5/15 in a BFVS (leaving day after wedding). I found a great quote online, and had the agent match the price. Fast forward to now, fiancee and I decided to tweak our dates to 5/9-5/16; shifting 1 day to spend extra day with family and friends that are making the trip to Montego Bay (100 people; unbelievable!). Because the dates are different from the quote I received, agent will not price match old quoted rate, forcing me to pay full price. We really want to spend the extra day with our guests, but the additional cost might push us to book somewhere else.

Taking care of our booking through a 3rd party, is there anything Couples can do? Since the BFVS are sold out for the week of our stay, I cannot receive a new quote for our agent to match.

Any advice would be great appreciated!

I would call the Couples 1-800 number once your have your reservation number. You will get this number when you get the paper work from your TA.

They may or may not allow you to shift one day, but it worth asking.

Worst case, book one extra day and come one day late. This is less than losing the credits.
    Irie Mon

So are you implying that you aren't getting the $500 credit...the TA has no control over that but by calling Couples directly you may be able to salvage that part of the deal, no guarantees though since it would technically be a new booking. If it's a total price increase then neither Couples nor your TA can do anything to help. Likely it's at least in part related to airfare since you are cancelling your tickets and rebooking (I'm assuming you booked it all as part of a package since you used a TA). Never hurts to call Couples and see what can be done but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high if I were you, you are close enough to a popular travel date you can expect to be paying higher prices than when you booked it a year ago.