Default Sunset Bar from CN

Hey all! In 10 days the hub and I are going back to CN for our 3rd time. We actually plan to "DO" things this time around! I saw on the daily activities list they offer a Sunset Bar shuttle. What exactly is that? My hub says it's a trip to Rick's but for some reason, I'm thinking it's somewhere else.

Can you share your trip experience if you've gone? Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by jerzzgirl View Post
    ...I saw on the daily activities list they offer a Sunset Bar shuttle. What exactly is that? My hub says it's a trip to Rick's but for some reason, I'm thinking it's somewhere else.
    It is not a trip to Rick's.
    A few weeks ago Nelly (entertainment) told us it would go to Rockhouse and that you'd sit at the bar and sunset watch for a few hours.

We didn't go however, because Sunday happened to be superbowl Sunday (and we weren't interested in being there in a SB party atmosphere) and Monday was the repeater dinner.

Great - There really isn't that much info on it anywhere. I didn't think it was Rick's tho. Hmmm, I'll have to check it out - might be less "touristy" than Rick's. Thanks Rudi!

Just returned from CN and the Sunset Bar Excursion was on Friday night which was my husbands birthday and the Sunset Bar was The Rockhouse which is so worth going to, it is much more sophisticated and elegant and tranquil than Rick's The drinks were much cheaper than Rick's also. We heard while there drinks were $16.00 American dollars at Ricks. The sunset was just as beautiful the big difference was no cliff divers. The excursion is about 2 hours and we were back in time to have more cocktails before our Friday night lobster dinner.
    Enjoy and have a red stripe for us!
    One Love

I can't remember...is this an included excursion?
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by JanicefromLINY View Post
    Just returned from CN and the Sunset Bar Excursion was on Friday night which was my husbands birthday and the Sunset Bar was The Rockhouse which is so worth going to, it is much more sophisticated and elegant and tranquil than Rick's The drinks were much cheaper than Rick's also. We heard while there drinks were $16.00 American dollars at Ricks. The sunset was just as beautiful the big difference was no cliff divers. The excursion is about 2 hours and we were back in time to have more cocktails before our Friday night lobster dinner.
    Enjoy and have a red stripe for us!
    One Love
    Good info. We have been to CN 4 times and this trip has never sounded like a good idea, but now it does. We'll have to give it a try next time! Thanks!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

we don't usually leave the resort but we have done this trip twice. they drop you off at The Pushcart". It is a nice little bar/restaurant on the Rockhouse property. Unfortunately the last time the bus driver stopped in town so someone could go to the bank and we were late for the sunset but they have great drinks and appetizers. Definitely worth the trip! We are only gone about 2 hrs. It's nice to get out and see the rest of negril.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Good info. We have been to CN 4 times and this trip has never sounded like a good idea, but now it does. We'll have to give it a try next time! Thanks!
    I agree Wally, we may check it out too this year. We never went to Ricks because we heard it was kind of a ripoff.

I want to make sure hubby & I do this! We usually stay on the property, but a friend of mine highly rec'd Rockhouse!
    http://rockhousehotel.com/eat/pushcart.php

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Thanks for all the info on the sunset bar at CN! I had that on my list of things to do and now I will keep that on my list of things to do while there!