Default April Visit CTI (1st time)

So we will be @ CTI from 4/9-4/14. This will be our 1st visit and we are very excited, naturally I have a few questions;
    1. margarittaville hit or miss?
    2.The evening events, are they usually over around 12 or later?
    3.I am a smoker( cigarettes)and would like to know whether smoking is allowed in the rooms.
    Like I said cant wait to be at couples feel free to add your own opinion on anything we should know.
    "No worries mon"

38 Days!!!!!

1.We didnt go to Margaritaville when we stayed at CSS, but the one in Negril isnt really worth it. Just the same drinks they have at the resort only you have to pay a lot for them.
    2.The piano bar usually opens at 11pm and stays open until the last couple leaves.
    3. Unfortunately you are allowed to smoke in your room, in fact you can smoke most anywhere except inside the restuarants. Hopefully in the near future they will make all the rooms non-smoking.

You will love Couples!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverKindofLove View Post
    So we will be @ CTI from 4/9-4/14. This will be our 1st visit and we are very excited, naturally I have a few questions;
    1. margarittaville hit or miss? We went during the day. Our opinion is it's overpriced and service stunk.
    2.The evening events, are they usually over around 12 or later?Most activities, yes, but the piano bar stays open later and it really depends on the crowd as to what goes on and how long it lasts.
    3.I am a smoker( cigarettes)and would like to know whether smoking is allowed in the rooms.There are no 'non smoking' rooms, so you can smoke in your room. You can pretty much smoke anywhere on the resort except the enclosed restaraunts. My request to you--please don't just throw your cigarette butts on the ground. The grounds man and water sports guys work really hard to keep things clean and it just kills me to see a stack of cigarette butts on the beach by a lounger. Okay, stepping down from soap box.
    Like I said cant wait to be at couples feel free to add your own opinion on anything we should know.
    "No worries mon"

38 Days!!!!!
    Enjoy!
    Vicky

Default See you there!

Look like we are going to be at CTI the same time. I believe there is a trip to Margaritaville on Monday evening after the beach party...we hope to check it out.
    Kris

If you are expecting M-ville to be a laid back Jimmy Buffet style, easy going vibe place, leave it out. If you are looking for an over-priced, loud thumping disco type club...by all means, it is all you!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

As far as you being able to smoke in your room, Yes. I am a smoker and when my husband and I were at CTI we smoked on the beach. All you have to do is ask the bartenders for an ashtray. They have them everywhere. We don't smoke while we eat so that wasn't a problem of not smoking in the restaurants. If we were in a crowd, we stepped off by ourselves so not to bother anyone. Just be considerate. We chose to smoke but the person next to may have not.

I have been to Margaritaville 3 times: twice during the day and once when it is a nightclub. During the day, it is just a restaurant with American style food like burgers, etc. (exactly what Jimmy buffet sings about...lol) There are some water trampolines outside along with a small beach. Inside there is a pool with a water slide. There was a kids birthday party going on there during the day and the pool was filled. On the night I went, it was ladies night, I think a Wednesday. It was packed. They had a t-shirt contest, bikini contest along with alot of dancing. The drinks are expensive but a big variety. Also, at night, there are many locals who go there and hang out too because it is a nightclub. There is a resort right across the street...Sunset J. G. Their guest walk over as well.

You can smoke in your rooms and anywhere...I am not a smoker but had no problems with that. They have a house band that stops playing at about midnight, then you can go to the piano bar and hang out, that's it...but again we have no problems with that! We usually ended our nights about 1 or so! I will be there a few days after you, enjoy this amazaing resort!

One Love
    Glenda

Default Cti

Welcome aboard we will be there from April 5-15 hopefully we can have a drink together or two, as far as smoking we were able to smoke anywhere outside and in the patio resteraunt they have a small smoking area near the outside , we are also very considerate smokers and were very careful not to offend anyone, although some people may get offended whatever you do, overall you are in for the vacation of a lifetime. anyother info my e-mail is jakeman2368@yahoo.com

32 days and counting Larry

1 margarittaville- was probably the longest 2 hrs of the whole vacation! I wouldnt wait to get back to the resort. I am not into dance/night clubs I would have much rather been back at CTI just lounging in the piano bar with free drinks!!But if you want to dance that is the best place to be on a Monday night!Otherwise stay at the resort and save yourself the trouble of having a waitress find you every 5 minutes trying to get you to buy a drink!
    2- Most entertainment was over around 11:30- if I remember correctly But then like somebody else said if you want to stay up and keep drinking go to the piano bar. It was pretty dead the night we were in there but another night when we were headed back to our room it was pretty crowded.
    3 no idea about the rooms and smoking. If anything every room has a balcony or patio that is covered.

I would like to thank you all for your input...I think that we will visit Margarittaville at least once during our stay as we are still into the partying at our blossoming ages as for the smoking on the beach thing I wouldnt dream of throwing butts in the sand or anywhere else for that matter,i would say I am also a considerate smoker as well.
    As for our Apeil buddies I hope to see you there and would love to kick back and enjoy a martini with you all as I am celebrating my birthday

Candice & Hartzell
    36 Days!!!!!

Hey there Foreverkindof love...

I think we will go check out Margaritaville on the Monday night so keep an eye out for us at the resort or at the island and introduce yourself...

ummm, Martini bar! So yummy. Having said that, where is the Martini Bar?

I am so freakin' excited I can hardly stand it!

Cheers
    K
    Kris

@ sun kissed cant wait to meet u two let the partying begin!!!

We went to CTI in January and had a GREAT time ( first time to CTI, but 3rd trip to Couples ). One day they had a sign up on the activity board - about the Rooftop Martini Bar ( drinks before dinner ). We did not go ( did not think we would be interested ). The next day, they had a Martini Bar set up outside, and we tried our first martini ( a coffeetini - LOVED IT ! ). On our last day we were searching for the Rooftop Martini Bar ( we REALLY liked the coffeeitini , ), but we were told that it is still a " work in progress " , and not open every night . I was told it is located above the patio restaurant - on the rooftop. Sadly, we never were able to visit it, but we will be looking for it our next visit. Maybe now it is open every night. Oh , if you at all a coffee drinker - STRONGLY suggest the coffeeitini, it is now my FAVORITE drink in Jamaica. Also, do the Margarittaville trip - it is actually one of the nicer bars in Ocho Rios. If you are at all interested in swimming or waterslide, wear your swimsuit under your clothes. Also, think of the drink cost as the price you pay for an excursion. It is like a little trip off the resort. ( Lots of people went during our trip, we took 2 buses.).

The martini bar is on top of the patio restaurant. There is a set of steps off the patio near the doors that go to the veranda and 8 Rivers restaurants. They take you up to the martini bar. It is a work in progress, but nice. You can still get martinis at the main bar and the piano bar. The piano bar opens at about 6. I highly recommend the chocolate martinis. Yum--especially when made by Tenisha or Antionette.
    Vicky

Well you know this just keeps getting better and better cant wait to go to our new home We are very excited ....Im thinking overly excited but hey its Jamaica mon!!!