Default I need help! CSA or CN?? Never been to a Couples before!

Hi All!!

We booked our wedding at CSS for July 2012 and now are torn on where we want to go on our honeymoon: CSA or CN??

A little about us, we are in our early 30's (or will be by that time ), we do like to party, drink and socialize. I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the beach and will probably be there all day.

I thought we wanted CN because it was on the 7 mile beach (I was on the beach about 11 years ago but not at a Couples). I didn't realize that CSA was on the 7 mile beach too!

I am looking for the pros/cons of each resort to help us make our decision. I do know we have to have a hammock on the balcony (fiance's request!)

Thank you all so much! I love these boards and am now slightly addicted so don't be suprised if you see a lot of posts from me!

501 days until we are at CSS

If you have to have a hammock on your balcony and stay at CN, you will have to spring for a suite.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by beckyanddave View Post
    . . . I thought we wanted CN because it was on the 7 mile beach (I was on the beach about 11 years ago but not at a Couples). I didn't realize that CSA was on the 7 mile beach too! . . .
    Seven Mile Beach is comprised of Long Bay, which is approximately five miles in length, and Bloody Bay, which is approximately two miles in length. Couples Negril sits on Bloody Bay and shares the bay with three other resorts, while Couples Swept Away sits on Long Bay and shares the bay with numerous other resorts, restaurants, and bars.

If you visited Seven Mile Beach 11 years ago and stayed at any resort other than CN or Grand Lido, then you stayed at a resort on Long Bay. Although there are two Riu resorts on Bloody Bay now, neither had yet been constructed in 2000. So if you want to return to the same stretch of beach that you visited 11 years ago, choose CSA.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Thanks for the help! I guess I should have mentioned we already book a Garden Suite at CN and I am now having doubts that that is the best fit for us. I have been trying to find a map view of the entire beach and where the resorts are located to help in my decision. Also, for any of you that have stayed at both CN and CSA, I am curious as to what the different atmospheres are at each place. Thanks for the help everyone!! 500 until we finally get to experience Couples!!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Atrium Room at CSA would meet the hammock requirement.

We just changed our reservation and booked the Atrium room at CSA... 499 days but who's counting?!??! LOL
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

I have stayed in the garden suite at CN room 9101 2 years in a row and loved it. Could sit on the balcony or lie in the hammock and see a portion of the beach and the Ocean. Was quiet and not more then a minute or 2 to anything that was offered. Can't speak for the atmosphere at CSA but CN is pretty laid back and quiet. Entertainment stops at 10, and unless you go to the activities in the Piano bar, the resort pretty much goes to sleep. Love it so much that we have gone 3 years in a row, and have booked for next year already, only 349 days to go.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyanddave View Post
    I have been trying to find a map view of the entire beach and where the resorts are located...
    Here is a map (not to scale) showing most of what there is along 7 Mile Beach. Don't leave home without it.

http://www.maherconsulting.com/negri...p2011final.pdf
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

@NeedBlueWater - Thank you for the map! That helps a lot!
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

I love CN but we are trying CSA next year. We wanted to try something different but stay with Couples AND Negril. We've booked the atrium suite for June 5-13. I have no idea how many days we have to go but I know it's much too long!

I stayed at CN in July and loved every min of the small intimate environment =) WOuld go back in a heart beat. However, this Novemeber we are going CSA with 20 other people and decided to go with the larger resort to accomodate all of us and given everyone an opportunity to stay spread out if they wanted. CN was amazing, and I will have to update you on CSA after Nov. Let me know where you choose to go!

NeedBlueWater...

Thanks for the updated map!!!!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"