Thread: Diet Mixers

Default Diet Mixers

This month my husband and I will be returning to CSA for our second visit. During our first visit I found there were very few diet mixers at the bar. This year we will have a mini bar in our room and I am wondering if there will be diet mixers (Diet Pepsi, Coke or Sprite). I am a diabetic and need to watch the sugars even at the beach! If diet is not available does anyone have suggestions on where to pick some up? I don't want to pack liquids in my suitcase! Can I get the bus driver to stop somewhere? Can I pick anything up at the airport? I would appreciate any suggestions!

Diet pepsi is available all over the resort. Also for those times I wanted something to drink but not diet pepsi, I brought those little propel packets. No cal and they are easy to toss in your suitcase. I even found that Arizona Tea has a half tea half lemonade arnold palmer version. They are really good.

I can't have sugar either. My favorite drink at CSA is a vodka slushie without simple syrup. Instead they just mixed ice, vodka. Splenda and a splash of lime juice.

We're both Diabetic, and though we behave poorly in terms of drinking and eating, there is never a time when we couldn't go all-diet drink or eat reasonably.

We are going o CTI, does anyone know if they have coke products - particularly diet coke? I cannot do diet pepsi!!

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    Diet pepsi is available all over the resort. Also for those times I wanted something to drink but not diet pepsi, I brought those little propel packets. No cal and they are easy to toss in your suitcase. I even found that Arizona Tea has a half tea half lemonade arnold palmer version. They are really good.
    I brought Crystal Lite packets too.

How about vodka&seltzer with a splash of cranberry juice. Seltzer has zero calories.

Diet tonic is amazing-no yucky diet flavor. Plus, there isn't a more refreshing drink than a gin and tonic. It would be so nice if this were available somewhere on the resort. Especially at csa, where it seems like a fitness- minded drinker, (hee hee hee), would stay.
    Also, diet ting? Please?

Diet ting would be awesome! Does CN have diet ting?

Default Low sugar drinks

Try rum (or coconut rum), club soda and a splash of pineapple juice. It tastes like a pin a colada and you can drink them all day without worrying too much about the sugar.

No diet Coke at CTI, diet Pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by Knelson View Post
    Try rum (or coconut rum), club soda and a splash of pineapple juice. It tastes like a pin a colada and you can drink them all day without worrying too much about the sugar.
    The rum and pineapple juice WILL sneak up on your blood sugars.

Consider vodka drinks to balance out as vodka actually can lower glucose levels.

Or perhaps the amazing peeps at couples might consider stocking te resorts with diet mixer options?

I discovered a deep and abiding love for vodka and Fresca on our last vacation (Mayan Riviera in Mexico). Any chance they have Fresca or Diet 7up?

Would anyone know if the have caffeine free Diet Pepsi? Diet Pepsi is loaded with caffeine and keeps me awake at night.

The club soda with fruit juice sounds like a good idea.

Default Here's a little useful fact for ya...

Anyone who likes Tonic or diet Tonic water. It contains Quinine (said like- Kwye Nine)which is a natural mosquito repellant! NOT KIDDING! - It works.

Oh man Meg in okc, as a fellow fresca lover, try this... Tequila, fresh lime juice, and fresca! A delicious, lower-calorie margarita that has a little fizz! Sooooo great!

Hey madtown mom, thanks for the suggestion! I'm not generally a tequila fan (vodka's my staple, and I branch out to rum, some), but I must say that sounds GOOD. I'll have to try it some time.

There are not any caffeine free soda drink options other than Ting and they do not carry it in the diet form.

There is a convenience store across the street from CSA where you could walk over there and pick up some mixers for yourself.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks for the tip!