Default Snack Attack at the Resort

I know that there are many different dining options at the resorts but I am a snacker so I was wondering do the resorts have candy, chips or cookies? I havent heard anyone mention these types of food so I was wondering if they were avaviable at the resort or could I purchase it at the gift shop. Oh and by the way I will be at CSS so I guess I can ask can I order these snacks thru room service

Of course the gift shop has candy bars etc.. for purchase. But we found ordering nachos from room service really hit the spot when in our room during those snack attack times, and it's all included.

Beach Bar has a popcorn stand & self-serve soft ice cream machine.

From the Beach Bar we always grab meat pies, pizza or fries (aka "Crack Fries") to take back to the room as a snack.

At breakfast & lunch we also make a plate of sweets, cheese & fruit to take back to the room.

The Reception area usually has cookies.

Default Room Service

I second the room service recommendation. We love to sit on our balcony eating breakfast each morning.

I just love the spaghetti bolognese that room service delivers!

Nachos from CSS room service are da bomb!

We just ordered baskets of fries and Red Stripes from room service when we needed a snack. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm

At CN, the gift shop does not have snacks, but the newstand (next to the Otahiete) does!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

CSS? Fries with cheese and jerk sauce; done.

We plan on bringing some snacks because last time we found ourselves craving sweets or chips at times. You can always go get some fries or onion rings but sometimes it's nice to have snack options.

Candy Bars, etc. are very expensive through the gift shop. If you are particular about snacks, you may want to pack some of your own.I usually do only because I need something for the ride to the airport. The first time we went it was because I am too a snacker and I packed things and ended up leaving them for the staff.
    Vicky

Another thing to consider is perhaps bringing a couple extra Ziploc baggies. We bring a bunch for things that we want to keep dry at the resort and to pack anything that might still be damp (or might break). If you bring a couple extra, you can grab, say, an extra muffin at breakfast or some pastries from lunch for easy between-meal snacks.

But that's only if you're really specific on what you're craving and when and really don't want to move from your beach/pool chair. Food is pretty much always available somewhere.

Default Re: Snack Attack

Yes, room service is great, but like you, my husband and I snack and found that downtown Ocho Rios is probably the best place to stock up on snacks. You can get a cab (should be no more than $20/ride) or you can sign up for the included downtown Shopping Trip and pick up whatever you need at one of the local grocery stores or convenience stores in town. You'll see a few US brands, but most brand names are quite a bit more expensive than Jamaican brands. Try some of the Jamaican brands; we had lots of Holiday snacks that were good/comparable to items we were used to. Buying in town will definitely be cheaper than on the resort and you help pump some tourism dollars into Jamaica's real economy (not just the tourism industry).

Has someone seriously not gotten enough incredible food to eat at Couples?

The pastries, confections, etc., from the kitchen are just beyond amazing and the REAL fresh tropical fruit, ripened as God intended and tasting the same, not gassed in the truck on the way to the supermarket to fool us into thinking it is ripe, is something most of us can not get at home.

Then there are fries and onions rings and hamburgers and hot dogs and red snapper sandwiches and ice cream and nachos and the list goes on and on, available around the clock and included in the price of the room...

And you guys are packing in and going to town shopping for homestyle junk food? Cool, rock on. :-)

Default Snacks

Some people just like to snack...After 3 days of having to order something whenever I wanted to eat, I needed snack food: chips, crackers, pretzels, candy

And the fries, nachos, pizza, ice cream, etc. that you mentioned is a little too hard on my stomach if eaten repeatedly for days. A bag of Holiday Tortillaz and I was good to go

I need my daily CHOCOLATE!!!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I need my daily CHOCOLATE!!!!
    Can you say Chocolate Croissants?/ Mmmm good! Also Hot Fudge Cake, Hot Fudge Sundae, Chocolate Martinis! Again--mmm, mmm good.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Can you say Chocolate Croissants?/ Mmmm good! Also Hot Fudge Cake, Hot Fudge Sundae, Chocolate Martinis! Again--mmm, mmm good.
    Nope! Pure chocolate! No pastry, no cake, no ice cream, no booze! Just chocolate...pure chocolate!!!
    [

Wiggy, I'm with you! I love to "snack", and couples allows me to do just that. Only there it is on amazing, good for you, gourmet treats. That is by far one of the most important reasons why I chose couples. Can't wait to explore new options in 29 days!!!