Thread: room upgrade?

Default room upgrade?

I booked a superior ocean room at cti for our honeymoon on one of the Wednesday specials. I'm not sure we'll be happy with this room now that I check out the panoramic views. How do I go about a room upgrade? Do we simply pay the difference if there is one available?

You can request one upon check in, if they have it available they will try to upgrade you. However the best way is to pay the difference.

Something else I just thought of, I am don't think I would base my room decision or question it simply due to the panoramic views, remember that the views are from one room in particular not necessarily the room that you will be assigned to.

Just a thought.

Congratulations on your wedding.

Does CSA ever give free upgrades?

If you pay the difference now, then you are guaranteed to be in an upgraded room. If you wait until you arrive, you risk an upgraded room not being available, whether you want to pay or try getting it for free.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Book the room you want, that way you will not be disappointed.

Congratulations on your wedding.
    Irie Mon

Default Free Upgrades

I don't believe it is standard practice for Couples to give free upgrades, and I certainly would not go expecting one. The only people who are "entitled" to an upgrade would be those Romance Rewards members who have obtained the "Passionate Love" level and even then it is only a one category upgrade IF available.

I would book the room you want right off the bat. If you really don't think you will be happy with your current room choice, you should call Couples now to see about availability of another room category and the cost to change/upgrade. If what you want is not available, or if the cost is too high, don't be discouraged. You may actually end up LOVING your room once you get there.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

If it is simply because it's your honeymoon and you want something 'a little more romantic', then perhaps an upgrade would be the thing to do. But I will tell you, if it's the view you are after, my husband and I have been to CTI (COR) twice and we loved the Superior Ocean View room both times. It was clean, comfortable and had a very nice ocean view.

Congratulations. Superior looked good, make the best of it. Next time it's the Penthouse. Welcome to the coupleholic's club

Quote Originally Posted by Cindi View Post
    Does CSA ever give free upgrades?
    Only if it's available when you check-in. And it has to be available for the exact dates you will be there. So the chances are slim. It's best to book the minimum room you want and will be happy with, tehn you won't be disapointed. Anything above and beyond that is a bonus!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Thank you all for your responses. Yes, it is really about the view mostly. We really want a nice balcony and a beautiful view.

I agree with Aurxdoc05, I would not go expecting a free upgrade.

Although this will be our 4th trip to CN - exactly 14 days from this minute I will be sitting on the beach at CN - and as much as I would love an upgrade I am not even thinking it will happen. We are not at the Passionate Love level yet because we used our "points" under the old Romance Rewards program.

If you want an upgraded room I would pay for it when I booked my room. But I would rather stay longer so we always book the garden room.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    Book the room you want, that way you will not be disappointed.
    Solid response, short and to the point. Folks who always hope or expect to get something extra for nothing always seem to be the ones who end up being the most disappointed. Why take chances?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.