Thread: CSA Rooms

Default CSA Rooms

We are days away from booking our trip and wedding at Couples Swept Away. We have never been to Couples or Jamaica but Swept Away seems to have the best overall package in the best location. There reviews are great but I have one last apprehension...the rooms. Even a lot of their great reviews comment on the rooms not being great and out of date Even for the appeal they are going for. I think Couples seems to offer a great overall package, but my only other AI experience was in Mexico. We paid a lot more but had an ultra modern, roof top pool suite in the most sought after building(upon several email requests from me). I just read that CSA does not take room requests and I'm very worried. I was already questioning the rooms because we do like modern...Any solutions or plans for renovations before Dec. 2011 at CSA?

If you are wanting slick marble floors and fancy fixtures then you may not like the whole Couples Vibe. Couples is "Laid Back Class". Nothing fancy but everything is Classy and over the top service. I LOVE the rooms at CSA. They may well not be your style, but I say give it a chance. Once try it, you may find that you LOVE the rooms too...

The CSA rooms are certainly "modern", but if you are looking for marble floors and brass fixtures, you're not going to get it. If you had a rooftop room with a plunge pool in Mexico, any room at CSA may be a letdown for you.

We have been to Cancun, and other resorts throughout the Caribbean, both AI and non-AI. Others may say that the room is not that important, but if YOU think it's important, then it is important.

If you reserve a beachfront verandah suite at CSA, you will be as close to the beach as you can get for the price at almost any other resort. Are there signs of wear in these rooms? Yes, there are. But you are paying for the proximity to the beach. While you can't reserve a particular room or floor, you will in all likelihood get the room category that you reserve. So if you reserve a BFVS, you'll get a BFVS.

As far as renovations, they're always doing some sort of maintenance on the rooms. I wouldn't be surprised if they do more over the late summer and early winter, but it probably won't be a total rehaul of any of the room categories. Last year they added mini-bars to all the rooms and additional soundproofing to the Garden rooms.

Take a look at the photos and 360 degree room views on this website. The photos really are quite accurate. If the rooms don't appeal to you from these photos, then perhaps you need to choose somewhere else.

One of the reason we felling in love with CSA is the fact that the resort does not have a modern feel. CSA beautifully blends into the surroundings. The rooms have a Caribbean feel to them, And you really donít spend that much time in them. I hope CSA never changes to a more modern theme.

They are not out of date as they have all either been built or renovated recently. However, they are not "modern" in style. When I think of a modern, contemporary style hotel I think of the W or or something like that. CSA is not like that. The rooms do look just like the pictures though so if you see one you like online, you should like it in person. I would suggest either one of the Greathouse rooms, Ocean Verandah or or Beachfront Verandah. I prefer the older section of the resort but those rooms are slightly less modern. They are awesome though so if you like the look online, go for it. They feel like your own private bungalow rather than a hotel room.

The only requesting that is allowed happens once you are at the resort checking in. You CAN request a certain floor or building or whatever and they will try to help you as best they can based on what's available.

I agree with hoping that CSA never becomes " modern ". Jamaica is NOT a modern country. The rooms reflect the feel of the Caribbean. Most have the most wonderful verandahs that you will not find at any resort, and with some of the best views. People do not stay at Couples for a modern feel . They stay for a romantic , laid back feel, that few resorts are able to achieve. ( which Couples has achieved ). I have been to Mexico, stayed in high end AI resorts, and LOVED my room at Couples much more. ( in fact it is the ONLY resort I have visited more then one time ). When I stay in Jamaica , I want it to feel like Jamaica. Not like a resort you could find anyplace in the world. Is CSA for everyone - NO ! However, for a large number of us who have discovered Couples ( most who are well traveled ), LOVE the resort , and would HATE to see it become like Mexico ( large number of AI resorts - all trying to outdo the other ). Like they tell you when you return to Couples " welcome home !"

As stated, if you are looking for lots of glitz, glass and shine, you may be disappointed. The elegance of CSA is not a surface coating of brass and marble. It is a quiet, tropical, Jamaican vibe of service and quality. The rooms reflect the simple, authentic decor of the culture, architecture and native materials of Jamaica and her people. Clean but rustic with a distinct and unmistakable caribbean look and feel.

We love the atmosphere created by the physical appearance and layout of CSA. But the true charm and feel of Jamaica that you will get from CSA is from the staff. You not only feel like you are on vacation, but you will get the comfort and security you would feel from staying in someone's home. The majority of the staff will go out of their way to make sure you are getting everything you want or need to make it the best vacation of your life.

It all starts as soon as you arrive. All guests, new or repeaters, are greeted not with just a hello, but a warm smile and heart felt "Welcome Home!" I have never been greeted in this fashion at any hotel or resort, no matter how "modern", flashy or expensive. The champagne and cool towel are nice, but the greeting is what I most look forward to.

We too were nervous about our first trip to CSA, a 25th anniversary honeymoon. We are returning for our fifth visit in June, so something must have gone right. I sincerely hope if you decide to book it, you will love CSA as much as we do.

Oh, and regardless of your travel decisions, congratulations on your wedding!

There's hot running water, clean comfy beds, IPOD docks, lights, fans, AC, TVs in a lot of the rooms, locking doors, a locking safe, and a fridge that is fully stocked every day with nearly anything you want. How much more modern do you want? Glass elevators? Some people love Vegas. Its modern. Personally, I can't get back to CSA fast enough. Modern or not.

Wow....Too bad you didn't do your research before booking - it seems like you're setting the stage for being miserable. This is NOT a Mexican style AI. The rooms are clean and very zen-like. Try to go with an open mind and if you DON'T like it, there's always that giant European owned resort in Lucea that might be more to your liking.

I haven't booked, only bought airfare. We have decided on CSA however. It's always interesting on these forums and reading reviews though. 90% of people on here are loyalists who can't possible imagine why anyone wouldn't like their favorite place. I choose to thoroughly research every aspect of a place before I decide, good and bad. As I said, we weren't that pleased with the overall package at our AI in Mexico. And we are very excited about the overall package we can get in Jamaica at a Couples resort

Default Couples Swept Away

Is couples swept away for older people and folks who like to work out?? trying to decide if we wanna go to CN or CSW. Help please!

Quote Originally Posted by FABKMH View Post
    but my only other AI experience was in Mexico. We paid a lot more but had an ultra modern, roof top pool suite in the most sought after building(upon several email requests from me). I just read that CSA does not take room requests and I'm very worried. I was already questioning the rooms because we do like modern...Any solutions or plans for renovations before Dec. 2011 at CSA?
    We are headed to Couples Swept Away for the 6th time in May. All the marble in the world does not compare to the fabulous beach, wonderful staff and freshly prepared and tasty food of CSA - by our standards which may well not be yours if a modern and luxe room is really important to you. If you enjoyed EPM I doubt you will be satisfied with CSA and I cannot imagine there will be any major overhauls by 12-11 that would make the rooms compare.

We have stayed in many high end AI's in Mexico and they make for a nice weekend getaway where it's all about the resort and luxurious amenities. At CSA, for me it is about the overall experience which is much more important on our personal check list. We are off to Mexico in 5 weeks for a 3 night trip and looking forward to it but not nearly as much as our next trip to CSA.

Different strokes....

Quote Originally Posted by husky125cc View Post
    Is couples swept away for older people and folks who like to work out?? trying to decide if we wanna go to CN or CSW. Help please!

I would have to say ALL of the ABove. you will see young, older, thin, fat, out of shape, in shape. ALL.. One thing CSA has that is the same is everybody is always smiling and happy while on vacation or holiday.

For us, we prefer Couples to the AI Adults Only of Mexico. We have only been once and we went to CSS. We are going to CSA in 67 days.

Jamaica starts off better from the beginning. In Mexico, once the bags are collected, the next task is the gauntlet of timeshare people yelling, trying deceive people into checking into their timeshare booth. In contrast, MJB, was like a normal American airport. No gauntlet, people are not harassing tourists. It was a fairly pleasant experience. We found the Couples lounge, received a free beer and took a decent shuttle ride to CSS.

The rooms, at least at CSS, we not the greatest but they were fine. The staff was wonderful and that is what makes Couples different. The glitz and glamor can only go so far. I found the staff at Couples far superior to our Mexico experiences. That is why we choose Couples over Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by husky125cc View Post
    CSA has all the same people as CN. If you don't want to work out you will likely never know that other people are since that area is separate. We first went to CSA in our early 20's and there were many other people there in our age group. There are all ages from 18-80.