Default Catamaran Cruise at CN

I have seen several posts concerning the Cat cruise at CN. But I have a few questions:

1. Does it go to the west end so you can see the cliff divers?
    2. Where are the caves you can swim into?
    3. Can you carry a camera safely without it getting wet?
    4. How long is the cruise?

Thanks for any help. Can't wait until April 30 for 7 days in paradise.

1. No, it goes south to just short of Rick's cafe, but not even within eyesight of Rick's. It goes to the cliffs where they used to have cliff divers (2006), but that has since ceased.

2. The catamaran stops at the cliffs and you can swim and go off the slide if you wish.

3. Yes, we take our cameras and they are safe. We take along plastic baggies just in case, but have never needed them. The boat is much larger than the one we took at CTI. You actually sit down inside the boat. You do have to walk through knee-deep to waist-deep water to get to and from the boat. We take a beach bag for our towels and cameras, so we can hold everything up while wading out to the boat and back. You don't need any shoes, they will just get in the way.

4. The cruise used to be 3 hours, but it seamed to be shorter the last couple of times...2 1/2 hours or so.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Yes, it goes to the west end and you can see cliff divers. We only saw one diver on our excursion.

The caves are located under the Sunset Bar. Supposedly, at one time the stairs inside the cave led up to the bar on the cliff. That entrance to the bar is now sealed off, but the stairs are still there.

You have to jump or slide off the catamaran - so you will have to have a waterproof camera if you are going in the water.

The cruise was about 3 hours, and LOTS OF FUN!! Don't miss it.

The Cat Cruise is awesome! Yes, you go to the west end but there are hardly any cliff divers anymore. Here are two pictures for you to get a better idea of what it's like. The water there is turquoise and you should take a camera to get pictures of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default just do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mikek View Post
    I have seen several posts concerning the Cat cruise at CN. But I have a few questions:

1. Does it go to the west end so you can see the cliff divers?
    2. Where are the caves you can swim into?
    3. Can you carry a camera safely without it getting wet?
    4. How long is the cruise?

Thanks for any help. Can't wait until April 30 for 7 days in paradise.
    It`s a lot of fun. We have done it every trip so far.

This question may have been answered in another thread but I couldn't find anything. Does this tour happen every day? Does it generally fill to capacity? Can guests only do the catamaran tour once during their stay?

The cruise is a few times during the week. I can't remember which days, but I think it was 3 days. Yes, it is frequently full and yes, you can go more than one time during your stay.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

When we were there the cat cruise went out on Monday,thursday and Saturday, I think. Yes, you can go as many times as you want. We have never had a problem getting on the boat. Sign up for the first cruise and if it's raining, you can wait and go on the next one.

Do some shots of overproof rum and none of the other crap really matters.....