Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What happens at repeat dinner

we are repeaters but are bringing 2 new couples with us this time. Wondering what is different at the repeaters dinner to decide whether it is worthwhile leaving our friends to come to this event.

i.e is menu different? is there activities at dinner?
    are there speeches ?
    Thanks for any insight

The repeaters dinner is a networking opportunity between repeat clientele and management. Its also an opportunity for the kitchen staff to do their best stuff! During dinner there will be sparkling conversation and incidental dinner music... and great food... we wouldn't miss it. Normally, at SweptAway, this is the night they have their International Buffet event, so your friends will have a good time also, even without you.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

A very special menu and a management employee sits at each table with four couples. Twice at CN we got to sit at the table with Karen, the general manager. At CN, they ussualy have steak and lobster (if in season). At CSS, we had chicken and salmon (still called it surf and turf). No speaches, but the meal is like you'd get at the fanciest restaurants so it takes close to 2 1/2 hours. I believe there are 5 courses. If there is something on the menu that you can't have or just don't like, they go to an extreem effort to give you something else. At CN, they had it at the Lychee last January because there are so many repeaters and it is the biggest restautant on the property. They did not have asian food though. One year at CN they had it outdoors around the pool.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Yes it is definitely worth leaving your friends for a couple of hours. The food is amazing, there isnt really any activities, there is a cocktail party before, and they introduce the staff, the gm will say a few words, and a staff member will sit at your table. You dont want to miss it.

I love the repeaters dinner and yes, I think for one night it would be worth it for you to go without your friends. We did it. There is a fun atmosphere when you get a group of Couples repeaters together. The menu is different and special and the wine flows freely and you talk and laugh and I wouldn't miss it and we have been to six of them.

And cats can drop from the sky!

Last year was our first year as repeater's and we did attend the dinner. We had one of the staff sit at our table but he really didn't seem like he wanted to be there and spent a lot of time texting on his phone. It was very nice but nothing different than going to an upscale restaurant and it was slow because there are so many people to serve.

The International Buffet was the same night (not sure why they would do that??) and I would have prefered to sample from there. I think this year, we might skip the RD and do the buffet instead... 5 more days...

At the repeat stay dinner they play Couples Trivia games. We won a $100. gift shope credit for knowing at the time that there were a total of 11 Penthouse suites @ CSS
    Not sure if they play trivia at the resorts. Does anyone know?

We did the repeaters dinner at CTI. I did like that it was in Eight Rivers, as it was a good venue for it. It did get pretty loud in there with all the conversations going. Good thing no one was in twosies trying to be romantic! Yes, the food was very good, but then the food was very good at all the restaurants all the time. I usually prefer to pick my own meal though. We hit it off with one of the coupleís at our table, but the other were French Canadians who didnít speak much English, so I donít think it was much fun for them. The repeaters dinner was nice, but I didnít think it was such a ďmust doĒ as people say. Just my opinion.
    So at CSS we decided that we didnít want to eat indoors in the banquet room and gave the repeaters dinner a miss to dine open air instead. Itís not that we donít like to socialize, we did at the beach party and gala at CSS, and the New Yearís party at CTI. I just prefer the outdoor atmosphere and choosing my dinner.

Which Couples will you be at? For how long? Particularly if you arenít there for very long, Iíd spend your dinners with your friends and maybe a dinner with just the two of you once or twice. Just my thoughts about it.

Are the men required to wear long pants at the repeater dinner?

No games at the CN repeaters dinner. They had the trivia games at CSS when we were there in 2009. We won a $100 credit at the tour desk because we could name a certian number of tours they offered.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We've been to two repeater's dinners, both at CSA. Both were worth doing, but one was better than the other. The difference was entirely related to the people who happened to be sitting at our table. The best one had people who had been to the Caribbean lots of times and knew quite a bit about various resorts around the area. My wife and I have not traveled extensively in the Caribbean, and we learned a lot and felt like we were part of the "in" crowd. The second time was good too, but I didn't learn as much. The food was outstanding at both events. I think part of the problem with the second trip was that CSA had expanded quite a bit in between those visits and the dinner didn't seem so small and intimate. In my opinion, CSA made a serious error in moving the Feathers restaurant from that wonderful outdoor location across the road to a more sterile location indoors. We are off to CN on Saturday for the first time, and I'm under the impression that it is more like CSA was before the expansion. It should be interesting to see what that means for the repeater's dinner.

The thing about couples is that even when it's having a really horrible, no good, very bad day, it's still better than anywhere else you've ever been.

When I went to the dinner last year, it was set up outside. I know the year before it was inside Odethite (was my spelling even close?) but I think it just got so big they moved it outside. I've seen on the board's here that it's been moved again to inside Lychee.

Last year I broke my iPod and my toe the first day we were there and I still had a great time!

Inthesun - we'll be at CN on Saturday too! Can't wait!

Lisa & Jeff

We've went to a couple of the Repeater's Dinners but normally skip it .... It takes up the entire evening & hate being confined that long when I'm on vacation. You can go to the cocktail party before hand & not go to the dinner. That way you get to meet the other repeaters & management but not tie up the entire evening away from your friends.
    Julie

And see I love that Feathers is now indoors, out of the heat and close to our room. Dont like having to cross the road to go eat.

We love the Repeater's Dinners. Have been to several and each one was fabulous. Had a wonderful time talking to our dinner mates. I highly recommend it and think it would be worth the few hours away from your friends. You can do the Repeater's Dinner and then meet up with your friends for the evening's entertainment. At the Repeater's Dinner they also let you in on the inside information about what is going on at the resort. It really is a wonderful evening. We always look forward to it. We think it is the best meal of the entire week.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Whats the atire for men at the repeaters dinner? WOmen can get away with almost anything lol

Men are requested to wear long pants and closed-toe shoes. Women are requested to wear a nice dress/sundress or slacks outfit. Guests usually dress as they would for the fancy restaurant at the resort.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Mestralle View Post
    And cats can drop from the sky!
    HA! That was priceless!

We have done the repeaters dinner twice in our four trips to CSA. The last one was the better of the two occasions. We are returning in June but will decide on the repeaters dinner depending on what our friends want to do. They are also multiple time repeaters to CSA.

While a wonderful experience and a fabulous dinner, it is not always a must do for us. It takes up most of the evening, from 6-ish to 8 or 9 o'clock, so it is does not always fit into what we want to do for the evening. And truthfully, depending on how social and outgoing the other guests are at your table, it can be a bit boring. You takes your chances.

Have a great trip!

For the repeat stay winner they expect for men long pants, closed toe shoes and a collared shsirt

The Repeaters dinner is when after eating dinner everyone burbs & compares styles & volume, something you definatly don't want to miss out on. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Its as good as everyone above says it is & more, awesome food & a chance to mingle with management, a very nice jesture on behalf of Couples.

Men just need long pants and any closed toe shoes for the Repeaters dinner.

The Repeaters dinner is when after eating dinner everyone burbs & compares styles & volume, hence comes the name "Repeaters Dinner", something you definatly don't want to miss out on. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Its as good as everyone above says it is & more, awesome food & a chance to mingle with management, a very nice jesture on behalf of Couples.People do dress nicely for this.

Men should dress as if they are going to at any five star restaurant. Slacks, button down shirt, and close toe shoes.

We always enjoy the repeaters dinner.Yes sometimes drawn out but we usually meet some wonderful guests.Last month from England and Canada. In regards to Feathers I would give anything to have it back open air as it was across the road. As much as we still enjoy going to Feathers in the Great House it does not compare in atmosphere to the old Feathers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast