Default Is two weeks too much ...

How long does everyone usually travel for. We are going for 2 weeks for the first time ever. We have April 2-9 at CSA followed by 9-16 at CN. My wife is getting nervous that it might be too long. I know it sounds like an odd thing to worry about but we have only travelled for a week at a time before. Does anyone have any feedback on making the transition to 2 weeks when you are used to just 1

I will live vicariously through you for those two weeks.

No, two weeks is not too long.

We'd love two weeks and we'd do a split stay too. The only difference is that we'd probably split between both sides of the island.

Maybe some day we'll actually be able to do it.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Hello Ron&Tracey

My husband and I did nearly the exact same vacation as you are speaking of last year...the dates are nearly the same. We did CN before CSA and stayed a week at each. We LOVED it! For us, two weeks was not too long and we loved doing the split mid way through. Felt like a whole new vacation was starting. Just be sure to bring some "fat pants" for the plane ride home. Ha Ha. Seriously, go, unwind, and enjoy. We are headed to CTI this year for 6 days before moving on to try somehwere new. Hope you have a fabulous trip.

Cheers,
    K
    Kris

When we were at CSA for a week and a half last year we loved it but they do run the entertainment on a weekly schedule so it's the same thing week two as it was week one. I would sure do it again though. I think a split stay is a good idea for a two week trip too. We are going to do a CSA/CSS split and stay 8 nights at each next year. I like staying 8 nights rather than 7 if possible because then you have one full day for each day of the week and you don't miss anything.

Two weeks wont be long enough. We went for 8 days and for us it took 6 days at CSA just to be able to over come the sand gravity and want to do anything. The question isnt is two week to long but is it long enough?

Hi - 2 weeks is perfect. Personally, we don't find 1 week enough - we have travelled every year since 1993 and only 2 of those trips were for 1 week. We find you basically "lose" 2 days - 1 day travelling to get there and 1 day travelling home.

Actually, we went to a Couples for the first time in Dec. and did 13 days and are travelling to Couples Negril this Dec. for 13days again. Alot of times, when booking a package, you don't have that option. We enjoyed that.

Honestly, in a 2-week vacation, we have sometimes said by about day 12 we could go hom - but at day 7 - NEVER. We see others getting ready to leave and say Thank goodness we didn't come for only 1 week.

You will love it! Lucky lucky you

remember your travel days...they don't count..so NO 2 weeks is not too long....you're going to NOT want to leave....

We've gone from 5 days on our first trip to couples and now 5 times later have progressed to 10....plus, you're going to 2 resorts, so it's like 2 vacations in one!!!...Enjoy!!!

Not to long w/ a split, it might be to long if you stay at the same place for 2 weeks.

Man, I wish I had that problem!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron&Tracey View Post
    How long does everyone usually travel for. We are going for 2 weeks for the first time ever. We have April 2-9 at CSA followed by 9-16 at CN. My wife is getting nervous that it might be too long. I know it sounds like an odd thing to worry about but we have only travelled for a week at a time before. Does anyone have any feedback on making the transition to 2 weeks when you are used to just 1
    Ron tell Tracey she will love it we did 13 days last year and are doing 2 weeks this year and that's at 1 resort CSA we will see you on the 3rd.

Joe

It would be too long for me. 6-7 days is what I like, by then I am bored and want to get back to real life.

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    It would be too long for me. 6-7 days is what I like, by then I am bored and want to get back to real life.
    Are you serious? You're just pulling our leg, right?

We always do two week vacations now. Weíve done 1 week vacations and it never seems like enough time. You just seem to be settling in and getting all relaxed and itís time to go home. We often do the charter packages, so itís either 1 week or 2, nothing in-between. So after trying a 2 week package that was it. Sold. Weíve even done 10 days at a resort on another island and it still didnít feel long enough. At a low end resort with not a lot of dining options, so many inclusions, or much to do activities wise I can see how some might get bored (not me. I love vacations!). But at Couples thereís so much to keep you as busy as you like. We did 2 weeks at CSA and it went so fast, as we had our wedding mid-week of the first week. We still didnít do all the activities offered. Still not enough time! Iíd do a month if we could! lol. We just recently did a split between CTI and CSS and with a split you get a whole new resort to discover and a new set of dining options. Another factor for us is that the flights are quite long and expensive, so itís more economical to stay longer rather than maybe doing two separate trips. (How do you like that for justification? lol)

Hey Joe, I can't see it being a problem for me, she is concered about her cat thinking she abandoned her 26 days Joe until 1/2 a month at Couples
    I think the problem will be on the return home... I may have trouble coping with working for a living again...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeandSue View Post
    Ron tell Tracey she will love it we did 13 days last year and are doing 2 weeks this year and that's at 1 resort CSA we will see you on the 3rd.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    A week is the maximum for us for anywhere in the Caribbean. If we have two weeks, we head to Europe.

we are going on Saturday to CSA for three weeks, so excited and we will never get bored of relaxation in each others company

Hey Joe, I can't see it being a problem for me, she is concered about her cat thinking she abandoned her 26 days Joe until 1/2 a month at Couples
    I think the problem will be on the return home... I may have trouble coping with working for a living again...
    OH!!!! Well now that's a whole different story. THAT part I can relate to, and it's the only thing I don't like about longer vacations. Just be sure you have cat care who you really trust will not only take care of their basic needs, but is willing to spend quality time with them too. It gives peace of mind and will let her fully enjoy the time away.

I went to Australia for 5 and a half weeks when I had 2 horses a dog and 4 cats. It was very tough for me to leave them all. But they were in good hands, so while I was gone I didn't worry... but I did miss them.

Now we have 3 cats... and they're always happy to see us when we get home.

To the original poster...

You are to be commended for having the time and the wherewithal to spend two weeks in paradise! The longest we've stayed was 10 days... and it was wonderful! Our biggest challenge now is being able to get both of us off work at the same time.

If I had my druthers, I'd hope to be able to do 2 7-nite stays per year... but that's just me.

Good luck... and again, congrats!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Holy Cats....THREE WEEKS! Wish we were you....

We've never been able to go for two weeks, due to circumstances here at home. One week is definately not long enough. We went to CSS in Nov. for 10 days and when the first seven days were up, we were so glad we had three more.

I will agree it is very rough getting back to work after 2 weeks, it won't be long now Ron.......

Joe

We'd go for a month if we could afford to & not have to leave our cat children ..... I can only leave my babies for a week at a time & that's HARD enough.
    Julie

We went to CTI for 12 days and it was fantastic we loved every minute. It went to fast! Next year we would like to do 14 days. Made tons of frens can't wait to return home.