Thread: Timair to CN

Default Timair to CN

We are returning to Jamaica for our 2nd trip to Couples on March 19. Last year, we went to CSA and took Timair as well. We took a taxi from Negril airport to the resort. Looking at some maps, it seems CN is directly across the street from the airport. Can you just grab you stuff and walk across the street or is it better to get a taxi? I'll want to get to the bar quickly, so I'm try to get all the little things ironed out before we leave.

Thanks

If there's a cab there, take it. It's worth $5 not to risk your life crossing the busy street. If not, it's a short walk.... just be careful dodging the crazy Jamaican drivers!

Just got back yesterday from CSA and used Tim Air. We called ahead and Couples sent us a shuttle van from the resort both times. Loved using Tim Air!

It is directly across the street (we could see the landing strip from our front balcony in Bldg 8). That said, I agree with the sentiment to take the taxi. It just takes a minute or so, but it's so much safer. Besides, who wants to be dragging luggage up the driveway to such a nice resort!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

We walked last year - just in time for a sun shower unfortunately! It's an easy walk and we pack light.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to stay flexible. If there's a cab there waiting, that's what we'll do, if not we'll hoof it. 11 days and counting.

Default look both ways...

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    If there's a cab there, take it. It's worth $5 not to risk your life crossing the busy street. If not, it's a short walk.... just be careful dodging the crazy Jamaican drivers!
    One of the reasons it's safer is because they drive on the other side (left) of the road in Jamaica. Many people look to their left and see no cars approaching then step out into cars that are approaching from the right...

If you decide to walk, look both ways before taking your first step and...

ENJOY!!!

We took the taxi for $5 and didn't feel it was worth it. When we left we just walked to it. Next time we will just walk across the street. After traveling all day the walk will do us good.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

It's about 50 yards from the plane through the airport parking lot to the street. Then it's about 200 yards walking along the road from the entrance of the airport to the entrance of CN. There are no sidewalks. I think you'll be on a fairly wide shoulder. The lobby is about another 100 yards from the street. Use your best judgement about walking. I'm still undecided.

I'm not sure which side of the street is better to walk on, but I've noticed that the locals tend to walk with the flow of traffic.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

When we took TimAir they had a taxi waiting for us at the landing strip. Granted, it is just a short walk to CN, but we're on vacation and also consider taking the taxi as supporting the economy!