Default Who to tip & how much?

We went to CN last year and still didn't get the hang of who to tip and how much is normal. Getting ready to head to CTI next month! Any multiple repeaters who can lay it all out for us?

The only people to tip, are the red hatters at the airport if you use them to move your bags from the terminal to the shuttle or from the shuttle to the terminal. $1 a bag is fine, but some people move their own. The shuttle bus driver is the only other person to tip, once you have arrived at your destination. That amount seems to vary by the person, but I believe $10 is about the minimum I have seen, and yes you would do it both ways. I gave the driver $20 on this last trip because he did not stop, and he was very informative and seemed to be proud to share his heritage. Made for a quick fun trip to the resort, but I like the historical perspective of things. If you get a massage tips are given, much like you would at any resort. Once you are checked in and in the room put the wallet away and leave it there. Like I said the only tip needed would be for a massage at that point. As a side note, take smaller bills to use for tipping and the souvenir shops. Enjoy and don't worry mon.

Quote Originally Posted by monurse View Post
    We went to CN last year and still didn't get the hang of who to tip and how much is normal. Getting ready to head to CTI next month! Any multiple repeaters who can lay it all out for us?
    No need for multiple repeaters to chime in, just check here:

http://www.couples.com/10FAQ.htm#What_is_tipping_policy

Is it better to tip in Jamaican money or USD?

You may also want to have a few ones on you at the beach, as the beach musicians are very entertaining and depend on tips...there is no hard/fast rule for how much, just nice to have something to give 'em..
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

How much do people generally tip for messages?