Default CTI vs. CSS advice for a newcomer!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the message board and looking for some advice. My fiance and I are definitely set on going to a Couples resort for our Honeymoon in October. I am set on Tower Isle or Sans Souci, because I really want to go to Dunns River Falls and those happen to be the closest to it. I have no idea what the differences between the two resorts are and would like to hear your opinions so we can make our decision and book ASAP!
    A little more background- We are early/mid 20's so we're looking for a fun atmosphere with a lot of drinking, nightlife, an awesome pool/beach, sunshine and socializing. We also are not into the au naturel at all and won't be venturing over into those areas.
    Please give us some advice on which resort to choose!!!

There is a lot of information on the web site to help you make your choice. Review information on each resort's page, including information on accommodation and dining options. Take the photo tours for each resort and review photos on the panoramic views. Look at photos submitted by guests on the photographs mega thread. There will be something about one of the resorts that appeals to you in particular; choose that resort.

If you still can't decide, at least you'll have acquired enough information to ask specific questions targeted to elicit the details you need to make a decision.

Different people have different preferences, and what I like might differ significantly from what you like, so the fact that I prefer one of the two resorts you mentioned to the other doesn't mean that my preference would be the right choice for you.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Anyone???? I know someone has to have an opinion on this!

Wow. Hate to burst your bubble but....
    You won't find the party atmosphere at Couples. You really need to go off the resort for the serious drinking and music. I would skip Dunns River Falls and go to Couples Swept Away. YS Falls is nearby and not nearly as commercialized. The nightlife in Negril is great and very close to the resort. The beaches in Negril are far better than Ochi and worth the switch.

WE went to CSS for our honeymoon, its amazing. Weve since been to CSA and CN, we are going to CTI in April. So far CSS is our favorite, and for your honeymoon I would highly reccomend it. They are the only one that has all day room service, the grounds are layed out really nice with lots of liitle nooks to explore. We are arent into the au naturel either, but at CSS you can go to that part at sunset (with all of your clothes on) and check it out. It seems people love CTI mainly for the naked island. I can give you a better perspective in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymooners2011 View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the message board and looking for some advice. My fiance and I are definitely set on going to a Couples resort for our Honeymoon in October. I am set on Tower Isle or Sans Souci, because I really want to go to Dunns River Falls and those happen to be the closest to it. I have no idea what the differences between the two resorts are and would like to hear your opinions so we can make our decision and book ASAP!
    A little more background- We are early/mid 20's so we're looking for a fun atmosphere with a lot of drinking, nightlife, an awesome pool/beach, sunshine and socializing. We also are not into the au naturel at all and won't be venturing over into those areas.
    Please give us some advice on which resort to choose!!!
    Being in your 20s and wanting a more social atmosphere, great pool, great beach, and no A/N, I'd really recommend CN or CSA. You can always arrange a trip to YS or Mayfield falls, but it would be at an additional expense.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Both fit your needs. Look at some pictures, rooms, and inclusions and see if you can narrow it down some.

We've done both, and they are different, but both meet the basic points laid out here.

We have been to CSS, CTI and CN. We love CSS and CN the most. CSS is very romantic and beautiful and CN has a fantastic beach. But there is more offered at CTI including Dunns River, horseback riding and the CAT Cruise. From what you are describing in what you are looking for, I would probably recommend CTI. The pool with swim-up bar during the day and the piano bar at night are good places to socialize. We have been to CTI twice but we just prefer CSS. You will have a blast at Dunns River.

I would say CSA fills all your requirements except for Dunns River Falls. The beach is beautiful and very social. There are two bars on the beach which we love and people hang out and drink and socialize there during the day. The swim up bar has also always been packed with folks when we've been there. The piano bar is always a lot of fun too at night. :O)

We have been to CSS 3 times and have loved every minute each time, as it is crazy romantic and like walking through your own personal tropical rain forest, but the top things on your "what we want" list really don't hit the top 10 about CSS. Yes, there will be a group of people at the beach bar every evening and there will be entertainment at the balloon bar nightly as well, but pretty much everything is in moderation. The pool is more of a sunning spot, although we had a few rousing games of volleyball there a few weeks ago. We are in our mid-thirties (yikes! when did that happen?!) and CSS is NOT a spring break-esque scene.

I wish I could say CSS is exactly what you want, but it sounds like the falls trip is taking too high a priority on your list. I agree with BruceandKelli, that you might want to look more closely at CN or CSA before you book.

I have to agree with others that if the beach and partying is your thing, you should head over to Negril and try CSA or CN. Both have an outstanding beach and you can easily catch a cab and go into Negril to party the night away. Otherwise neither CTI or CSS have much of a beach. None of the Couples have a party atmosphere. It seems that once the sun goes down everyone is ready to get cozy with their loved one and the place gets pretty quiet after 11pm. There is the piano bar that will continue until the wee hours of the morning, but it isn't a crazy party atmosphere.

Between the two you mentioned here are some things about each of them.

CTI ~ Small resort with a hotel style feel. Has more included options than any of the other resorts including catamaran sunset cruise, Dunn's River, and horseback riding. Nice swim up bar where the party can sometimes get started there. Small beach, but the water is clear without any sea grass. Nice huge trampoline in the ocean to layout and get a nice tan while enjoying the mild waves.

CSS ~ Largest complex of all the Couples resorts, but the least number of rooms. Makes for a very intimate atmosphere. Wonderful grounds for exploring with all sorts of nook and crannies and lots of pools and hot tubs spread out. Nice pond for strolls and bikes available to ride around the pond. Beach is small and there is sea grass in the water. Of all the Couples resort we think this one is the most romantic and many devotees agree.

I agree with Pamela to scour the website. Look at the pictures, read about each resort, search for reviews on the resort and see which one begins to 'sing' to you. That is the one you should go to.

Congrats on your wedding. You will have a fabulous time at Couples no matter which one you choose.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

From being a couple much like yourselves and having been to CTI twice i can say that there is just not a real nightlife. They have nightly activities that usually go to about 10 and the patio bar seems to be where everyone ends up after that but the bar closes at around 1 and people end up calling it a night. We honestly had a great time at nights just hanging out with the employees who are mostly our age as my husband and i closed the bar down almost every night we were there. The vibe at the piano bar is nice but not for getting down and partying, its more for an older crowd to enjoy the songs. We were told by another couple that we would highly enjoy CN as there is more of a life going on there but because we became friends with the employees at CTI im not sure what we are going to do for our next trip to Jamaica.
    good luck and remember that its a vacation too and to relax as well

We have only been to CSS. We had no problem partying and socializing. There are less people at CSS, so you get to know the people you meet there better than a more crowded resort. We started out partying with a few people we met and by the time we left we had a large group of friends we would hang out with everyday. We are going back in July and are expecting to party even more.

Of CTI & CSS, CSS tends to be a quieter. Not really sure that either are really the "party" resort you are looking for. The beach is small at both, but private. Where the beaches at the Negril resorts are larger but anyone can walk the beach. This does give you the option of walking to other places along the beach for drinks.
    Vicky

Thank you very much for all of your suggestions!!! They are very helpful and much appreciated

CCS is quieter than CTI, there are less guests 150 rooms vs. 250rooms. CTI can be that rocking place you are looking for but you need to meet the people you are looking for. If you go to the "island" you will find a much more free sprited group who will "party" with you if you want, not all of them but enough for sure. At CTI and other A/N resorts you will get the more free sprited people on the non-textile side, this leaves the other side a little quieter. We had some Buda Pool experiences late at night at CTI which I consider some of my best fun nights ever, period - lots of non-AN folks as well. If you are not willing to do the A/N thing I recommend CSA. Only because the free spirted people will not be more on the A/N sections of Couples resort. I want to reiterate, this is a generality and not the hard rule we have met so many people we enjoyed a lot on the non-A/N side who we had a blast with over the years.