Default Date Night: Jamaica

Hello creative message board'ers! Hubby and I won't be able to make it to Jamaica this year as planned... so I thought for our weekly date night I'd create our own little piece of Jamaica at home. I'm going to make jerk chicken, miami vices (yum!) and play reggae. Does anyone out there have more creative ideas of what I could do to make it feel like our Jamaica Home?

I appreciate your help!

~Rochelle

Hi Rochelle, I don't know where you live, but there is a candle scent made by YANKEE CANDLE called beach. I live in NY and can buy YANKEE CANDLES @ Bed, Bath and Beyond or at a YANKEE CANDLE store. These candles smell just like the mixture of sea, sand and lotion!!!!!!!!!!!, I have been burning these candles since our return home 2 weeks ago. And of course, in addition to the Miami Vices how about some Red Stripes, also how about to start things off a Couples welcome of a cool washcloth and a glass of champagne.
    And lastly, on your bed an origami swan or something and some flower petals and chocolates. Have a great date night vacation!!!!!!!!!!
    One Love or two
    Janice

How about a local Holiday Inn with an in room Hot Tub???????

Quote Originally Posted by rochieluvsscotty View Post
    Hello creative message board'ers! Hubby and I won't be able to make it to Jamaica this year as planned... so I thought for our weekly date night I'd create our own little piece of Jamaica at home. I'm going to make jerk chicken, miami vices (yum!) and play reggae. Does anyone out there have more creative ideas of what I could do to make it feel like our Jamaica Home?

I appreciate your help!

~Rochelle
    I like to do theme night at home. I find the country, music, cuisine and decorate the table with a cut piece of cloth from Fabric Land that matches the theme or tapestry from the country choosen. I usually put a metre (or for you - a yard) draped over the centre of the table in a dimond pattern. I also find some fake or real centre piece that can consist of fruit or flowers from the chosen country. Lights low, candles on, music humming also a bottle of wine from the chosen country - so fun! Have fun!

PS - In Canada Hallmark has a new candle out on the shelves that also smells like sunscreen - it has sea shells on the label.

Serve salad in a pail and shovel kids set.

A drop of pinapple in a Pinot Grigio is a refreshing drink - albeit not Jamaican.

Small tray of hours d'ouerve samples of your fav things - Jamaican patty slices, mini jerk chicken sqewers etc.

Have fun!

go to home depot or lowes and buy a couple palm-ish house plants $15-20 each. they feel tropical.

Such great ideas! i'm going to have to use them all. thank you so much!

Turn up the heat and wear bathing suits. What part of L.I. Janice

And don't forget the Bob Marley shots!!!